REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 149 guests

Building basic strength and circus tricks through positivity and blind luck

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Closed This thread has been closed by a moderator. Replies are no longer possible.

sexymikehowarthIconBuilding basic strength and circus tricks through positivity and blind luck26-04-2012 @ 00:55 
Full mask or nasal and chin strap?
Member 3254, 2485 posts
Okay I’ve got the giddy qualifiers nailed so will be mostly faffing about for the foreseeable future in 2012…

Hense the new journal really... Like a new chapter of brilliance, minus the brilliance

Not too sure what is next but I’m not overly fussed because I’m busy enough outside of my professional strongman commitments, that unless I’m attracted by the idea of helping fellow 105’s train for their comps I may end up just working away in the gym for a while increasing my 1RM on the deadlift, back squat and bench press.

(Just a very quick point... That in itself may be a good thing, because generally speaking I only get beat by guys that have a larger powerlifting total than me and I see myself being a great competitor once I am able to do at least 1 rep or finish every test of strength...

Thus far I think have managed to get zero points on an event every time I play strongman. If anything on paper if I iron out my weak areas I could place better overall... and get more YouTube hits maybe!!! Grin)

Also it would be nice if I was as strong as the 80kg lads we have in the OSG if I'm honest hehe!... We will see!

I’m a bit slack with my journal updates but get over it… I’m all over Sugden for the bulls**t more than anything

BUT I love following my friends training so will try to contribute my owns efforts… Hopefully

Sexy

A pleasure and a privilege

For those that don’t know me I’m a bit of an individual character within this developing discipline and am happy to mix extreme abilities with woeful failure… On a frequent basis!

I also do lots of differing types of training as I feel every you fit lad should be able to

I did my regional qualifiers and placed 19th overall within the northern under 105kg championships… I can’t be sure but I suspect being s**te and weak may have contributed to my losing out on total domination.
Although between me and you I’m not convinced that there wasn’t some mistakes made and actually I may be the best thing since bread cut into slices

I then did some squats, deadlifts and pressing in OSG and give myself another couple of days off immediately before spending the (following Sunday) day with a different bunch of lads for another game of strongman organised by guys on this website

Out of bed, porridge, money, wallet and deep heat… Game on!

I faired typically okay in this game and there is a possibility I will make a video of the fun I had on my day off… Emma watched and David videoed of course

Sunday 22nd April 2012

I went to the Warehouse… I really hope they organise a friendly comp as I would be very happy to take some OSG guys to play here just to see the SETUP

I placed 11th overall I think which is epic… Very enjoyable

Here’s a video! (Please subscribe)

chaosIcon...26-04-2012 @ 08:58 
An amazing human being
Member 2047, 17156 posts
SQ 262.5, BP 170, DL 300
732.5 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
First off well done at Northerns (sled drag and log were awesome) and big congrats at midlands your overhead is really impressive and 8 reps with 230 (isn't that a massive dead PB?).

Secondly another enjoyable read but I am not utterly confused Confused are you laying off strongman for a bit to build up your 3 lifts or have i misunderstood? Hopefully latter cos you are a very good strongman and proved so at CofC!
sexymikehowarthIcon...26-04-2012 @ 12:23 
Member 3254, 2485 posts
I'm not laying off anything big John

I don't have any comps to work towards at the moment... So will be spending a few weeks doing normal gym stuff

Having said that I have just realised!... I will be going to watch you lads at the nationals though which will be good Happy

Between now and all of this year unless I find out otherwise this could be a bit of a wandering journal where I find little comps to play in

I can't find any regional competitions that have 24 hour weigh ins though which is surprising
sexymikehowarthIcon...26-04-2012 @ 12:26 
Member 3254, 2485 posts
Oh... Yeah big pb on the deadlift indeed!

I have had a few good events other a few comps... Would be awesome to put them all together in one comp lol

As for CoC I only did okay and enjoyed being part of the comp... I'm sure you could have faired better than I
sexymikehowarthIcon...27-04-2012 @ 20:19 
Member 3254, 2485 posts
Today

10kg bell used

5 rounds of

10 kettlebell squats
10 press ups

Then 5 rounds of

10 swings
10 goblet squats

Think that took about 6 minutes

Then 50 leg raises and 25 spidermans

I will tidy this up once I get laptopped up but for now at least I won't forget what I did

Lower back took well to this low intense exercise so may well be slightly inflammed... Probably all the time given the training I do... Which is fine and actually encourages me to keep things moving and stretch

Bicep tendons are asking for lots of love indeed

And... My word my lungs are expanded!
JoniIcon...28-04-2012 @ 12:57 
left the country satisfied
Member 10, 19241 posts
SQ 240, BP 150, DL 270
660.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
Man, that axle was a beauty! so strong, much better than the 145 at uks!

And what the hell, 8 reps with what had been one of your, and mine, weakest lifts!

Any plans on keeping the grip training going too?

Just at the comp venue myself, taking inspiration from that able vid Happy
sexymikehowarthIcon...28-04-2012 @ 16:13 
Member 3254, 2485 posts
Good to hear from you pal, just been reading your journal

Now nail that Dumbell at uk's and give that f**king axle so rage

The log is a good weight for you to dig deep and get them five reps through sheer grit too!

I have been lucky with some events recently which is nice...

Just on a break at work where I've done a kettlebell circuit or two... I timed the efforts too... They left me well and truely exhausted in every sense

Lung busting oxygen debt!

I will update will stood outside the pub working lol
EDCLARKEIcon...28-04-2012 @ 18:15 
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 10977 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
That axle was a thing of beauty Mike. I thouroughly approve of your gentelmanly lowering of the bar as well.
sexymikehowarthIcon...28-04-2012 @ 18:47 
Member 3254, 2485 posts
EDCLARKE said:That axle was a thing of beauty Mike. I thouroughly approve of your gentelmanly lowering of the bar as well.

Thanks Ed!

I didn't want to get a rep disallowed by guiding the bar to the ground because even then it comes down with some force and speed... So gently does it
sexymikehowarthIcon...28-04-2012 @ 19:00 
Member 3254, 2485 posts
Today

Pre training lower back pump from hoovering carpets

On a break I did the following

24kg kettlebell

10 swings
10 press ups

5 rounds

In 2 minutes 34 seconds

3 minutes rest then

10 goblet squats
10 spidermans (prone obliques crunches bring my knees to my elbows alternatively)

5 rounds

In 3 minutes and 29 seconds

The times may be slack but at least there is a reference point

After this I thought it best to lie down

Exhaustion past after 5 minutes and crazy back pump went after 15

It wasn't possible today but the previously planned upper body session at osg would have been far far easier
BoarIcon...28-04-2012 @ 19:11 
Walk your talk
Member 5, 25555 posts
Administrator
Lovely stuff mike ! I bet you look.even sexier holding a kettlebell ! Woof !
sexymikehowarthIcon...28-04-2012 @ 20:22 
Member 3254, 2485 posts
Some ladies in the gym did ask whether they were any good and what they were for so you could say I drew attention for some reason or another

Although they may have thought "what a dick"

Which is fine... My lungs are once again EXPANDED!
sexymikehowarthIcon...29-04-2012 @ 22:59 
Member 3254, 2485 posts
Post Edited: 29.04.2012 @ 23:05 PM by sexymikehowarth
Sunday 29th April 2012

woke up after a very well deserved lie in and got Emma to rolling pin my back, hamstrings and IT bands... hamstrings were tight and my bleed in my left thigh is back, IT band is very tight for now too...

i know its gone when i can do Bulgarian split squats and pistol squats without pain again... which basically mean when i can use that leg properly

its my "good" leg anyway so i'm not concerned Grin

right knee is tight and may actually be swollen too... not that i can tell from looking at it lol

I'm sick at the moment but have been for almost a month now so I digress

Pressing Session

Bench Press band doubled under

• 20kg x 10,10,10
  • 60kg x 5
  • 100kg x 5
  • 120kg x 5
  • 140kg x 4 sus equal PB
  • 150kg x 1 eq PB
  • 100kg x 15 sus PB

cool... the 100kg for 15 was probably most pleasing and I very much doubt I've done that before

45 Degree Incline Bench Press

• 20kg x 1
  • 60kg x 1
  • 100kg x 1
  • 120kg x 5

these aren't a weakness so i should leave out and keep dipping

Pec Dec

• 87.5kg x 25,25

Assisted Wide Grip Chins band

• BW x 10,10,10

i like these and think they will eventually help me develop my narrow back thicken out... plus is it a little tiny bit of grip work on my swollen hands... positives

Dumbbell Hammer Curls

• 5kg x 50

biceps still hanging on by a thread.. only just

I then got Riain and Jordan to do a sexy circuit before leaving...

i thought I did more than that to be honest. good session
JordanIcon...30-04-2012 @ 00:29 
strong arse session
Member 1113, 1963 posts
SQ 180, BP 145, DL 222.5
547.5 kgs @ 80kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 30.04.2012 @ 00:29 AM by Jordan

I then got Riain and Jordan to do a sexy circuit before leaving...

Cheers for that Mike.

Im hugely inconsistent when it comes to getting conditioning into my weekly training and that circuit was a reminder of how little time it can take so I have no excuses in future lol Happy
sexymikehowarthIcon...30-04-2012 @ 00:39 
Member 3254, 2485 posts
Jordan said:
Cheers for that Mike.
Im hugely inconsistent when it comes to getting conditioning into my weekly training and that circuit was a reminder of how little time it can take so I have no excuses in future lol Happy

Cool, I hope your enjoyed it buddy

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions