Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitFuneral music

Funeral music

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Martin1956 said:
But please bury me with my mobile just in case...

Colonel Abrahams - Trapped?Eek
joni, you are a weird guy. I just watched the two you tubes you put up and I don't know which one scared me mostGrin
never thought about this butmy dad saidhe wanted ZZ top gimme all your lovin played at his. i pissed myself laughing at the thought.

and as for mine it would be AC/DC higway to hell, or frank sinatra i did it my way
brynevans said:
Martin1956 said:
Living In A Box... Who performed that? Can never remember.

Course you can, it was Living in a box by Living in a box their only big hit.

One day, Bryn, you may be unfortunate enough to get on my humour wavelength.Grin Wink Tongue Cool
Jim Reeves - This World is not my home
Martin1956 said:
brynevans said:
Martin1956 said:
Living In A Box... Who performed that? Can never remember.

Course you can, it was Living in a box by Living in a box their only big hit.

One day, Bryn, you may be unfortunate enough to get on my humour wavelength.Grin Wink Tongue Cool

LMFAOGrin
Martin, Think I fell for that one hook line and sinker!
small axe- Bob Marley, fire and rain-james taylor, old man-neil young or i'm in the mood for dancing -the nolans but really what do i care. Ola funny that choice is what were playing at my grannies funeralUnhappy one wish the blonde from ABBA is waiting for me at the pearly gates, swearing her undying love for me, now that would be heavenHappy
brynevans said:
Martin, Think I fell for that one hook line and sinker!

Sorry Bryn!Embarassed
I made a will some years back and my funeral arrangements were decided alongside that.

I have:

1. 'The Bells are Ringin'(for me and my gal)" sung by Judy Garland and Gene Kelly (singing about weddings at a funeral, that will keep the f**kers guessing)
2. "Ist Ein Traum", the final trio from Richard Strauss' Die Rosenkavalier
3. The "Magic Fire Music" from the end of Wagner's Die Walkure This is heartbreakingly beautiful, so leading nicely into...
4. "Shaddap Ya Face" by Joe Dolce

Although I'm considering simplifying things by replacing the first three with Wagner's glorious Pilgrim's Chorus from the opera Tannhauser

I think Joni's William Shatner idea is fantastic.
light my fire - the will young version
My Dad had a Dixieland version of "When you're smiling" played at his funeral as well as Elgar's beautiful Chanson De Matin, which is a great tear jerker (as opposed to knob jerker).
Rusev
shiney happy people
Not that bothered since I'll be dead, but the ones that spring to mind are Devin Townsend's "Funeral" (so people know where they are) and Hardline's "Dr Love" (so people remember whose funeral it is). Neither is on Youtube, sadly, but to give you some idea:

Devin, "Regulator" (my favourite of his):

Hardline, "Hot Cherie":
jimblanchflower
I have always wanted 'Crazy Diamond' by Pink Floyd, or maybe their 'great gig in the sky'.

My wife wants 'time of my life' from dirty dancing, but I've told her she is getting 'Ding Dong the Witch is Dead'.

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitFuneral music
Return to top View Desktop Site