REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 3 members and 22 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.
You are here: HomeForumnico → View All Posts

View All Posts: nico

12345678910 ... ... 96979899100101102103104105106

» belly or face dilemma of a 40 something (Go to post)06-05-2017 @ 14:05 
Ed, have you been on the same bike ride as Neil?
» belly or face dilemma of a 40 something (Go to post)12-11-2016 @ 12:59 
What's up Ed? I haven't been back in a while but thought I would pop in and see how broken you were!

Looks like you are doing some similar stuff to me-good, solid 'old man' trainingHappy

I have started doing a Krav Maga class with the wife this year and that has been fun. Apart from that, I have been doing a bit of bodyweight stuff (dips, chins and press ups mainly.) I am going to collect my squat bar from a friend's where it has been sitting for about two yearsUnhappy so that should be fun too!

I feel like I should start running and get boar fit, but it is no fun struggling along like an asthmatic chasing a bus for 10 minutes until I just give up!
» belly or face dilemma of a 40 something (Go to post)01-02-2016 @ 09:45 
EDCLARKE said:
Hi mate nice to hear from you , hope alls well! I am a yoga convert and the muay thai is just f**king ace fun.
what are you up to ? still training?

Not bad, mate. Same s**t as you probably (kids, wife, job, old age,..)

Still plugging away with training although over the last coupe of years i seemed to have been injured most of the time. I'm finally starting to actually do some stretching/rolling which seems to be helping.
To show you just what a beast i am, I pulled a massive 140 the other day followed up with a 90kg bench! What a monster!

Never tried Muay thai, but I would love to do yoga. My kids actually do it (two of them have back problems so it helps with that). Classes are so expensive though!

If I manage to stay healthy for a few more months i will probably put a journal up. The last couple of times, i fell apart pretty much as soon as I started so i will try to at least have some chance of following through before clogging up the internet any more with rubbish lifting performances!
» belly or face dilemma of a 40 something (Go to post)23-01-2016 @ 20:12 
thought I posted this the other day but apparently Alzheimer has got the better of me! anyway, i check in for my five yearly progress update on your journal and what do I see? Muay Thai and Yoga?!

It's a strange world we live in when that happens Ed.
Happy
» Crossfit / weightlifting (Go to post)14-08-2013 @ 19:23 
Post Edited: 14.08.2013 @ 19:23 PM by nico
herman said:
f**king lol, went and watched that vid and saw the spastic comments. Dave Morgan is a beast, he should grow his moustache back.

If I remember, there was some kindly soul who said that his clean technique wasn't old it could/should have been. Grin Right, I'm off to give Andy Bolton a few deadlift pointers because I'm sure he'd love to hear it from me!
» Eggy pumps (Go to post)23-07-2013 @ 15:09 
Ed, if you update even less often than me, something is seriously wrongGrin
» Targets (Go to post)23-07-2013 @ 15:06 
Post Edited: 23.07.2013 @ 15:07 PM by nico
A quick update:
I'm still working steadily on 5/3/1. Nothing earth shattering, but I'm discovering what I found the first time I did a bit of 5/3/1, namely that it is a solid way of organising training for me.

The last week or so was the singles week and I did this (on different days and with a bit of other stuff as well):

Military: 43/7
deads: 112/12
bench: 95/3
squat: 95/4

Certainly not big numbers (even for meGrin ), but things are ticking over nicely. I'll do a "competition" on my own with three attempts on everything at some point towards the end of the year and film it, provided that:

I don't break anything in the next 6 months
my numbers get beyond the 12 year old girl area
I buy some more plates so that I can really test my dead

Realistically, I am probably no better than 130/115/160 currently and even that might be pushing it a bit, but a good few months might see me back to something a bit better.

If memory serves, the best I've done is 165/130/190 (the squat might have been a bit more but the bench was a long way from paused as video proof somewhere a few pages back on this thread or my other journal will undoubtedly showHappy ). Somewhere near there would be a good start by Christmas!
» Targets (Go to post)15-07-2013 @ 10:58 
Keep forgetting to update, but things are progressing ok. I'm still using a 5/3/1 template for everything and progress is slow and steady, which is definitely a good thingHappy

I'll put up anything interesting as and when.
» Targets (Go to post)03-07-2013 @ 16:02 
Military:

30/5
33/5
38/8

Db bench
22/10,10,10,10,10

Chins
Bw/50
» Targets (Go to post)23-06-2013 @ 14:50 
a couple of sessions over the last week or so, but pretty poor really. Not enough sleep and food and too much work never make senseUnhappy
» Posting on Forums using someone else's name. (Go to post)15-06-2013 @ 13:34 
Post Edited: 15.06.2013 @ 13:34 PM by nico
terryhollands said:I'm not worried. Tbh don't even remember it. I don't really hold grudges (well not many) and certainly not to things posted on forums. I guess if I was worried about everything negative posted on forums toward me I'd be a very bitter person.

I guess in short, no need to say sorry especially if it wasn't you Happy

Yeah, but you have to appreciate that we don't know if this is you posting or not "Terry"Wink

Is this the real Terry Hollands saying he is not annoyed, or just one of those other crazy internet impersonators? And does that mean that terry is annoyed or not? And is this me posting or someone else?

Still, probably best just to blame this all on smalls and be done with itHappy
» Eggy pumps (Go to post)15-06-2013 @ 13:18 
dr_hazbun said:I wish I was a

Lanky string of piss.

You know what you want docWink
» Targets (Go to post)15-06-2013 @ 12:56 
EDCLARKE said:get a video of you chinning, I imagine its rather a long pull.Grin

you wouldn't believe how long mate
Grin

I'm pretty sure my chins count for twice as much as anyone else too! I'll video some tomorrow if I remember. Maybe I'll have a go at cracking 13 chins for a new pb-they might get a bit ropey technique-wise after 8 or 9, but we'll see.

Today was:

Today was:

deads:
82/5
92/5
102/5

squats:
80kg/20
» Targets (Go to post)10-06-2013 @ 14:07 
EDCLARKE said:thats some decent dumbell benching. i hate dumbell bench it just hurts.

It's pretty much my favourite pressing movement at the minute mate. It only cuases problems (touch wood) if I go too heavy on it, so I'm a bit wary.

Yesterday was:

Chins 9

bench
75/3
85/3
95/3

Busy at the minute so only managing wednesday and sat or sun but things are still ticking over.
» Targets (Go to post)05-06-2013 @ 15:53 
Db bench 32kg/20

This was pretty tough. It might be time to start cutting the reps as the weight goes up. The plan is 20 then 17,14,11,8 and maybe 5 s before starting with 20s again.

Chins 6Confused sheer laziness!

Squats
75/20

Same plan as for the db bench although I will milk 20s up to at least 100 first.

Seated db press
12kg/15

12345678910 ... ... 96979899100101102103104105106

You are here: HomeForumnico → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2019 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto