Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitMy back

My back

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

I have an ongoing injury in the left side of my lower back, radiating into the left hip. I've also been getting pain in my left leg. I think there's a nerve being aggravated somewhere in there.

It was feeling a little better, but for the first time today squats really aggravated it. 210Kg... ouch Angry

Not good. Not good at all.

Plan of attack...

gentle stretching,
visit the osteopath,
no lower body work for 2 weeks,
try front squats instead after those 2 weeks.

I think yoke might be OK, because I don't think load bearing is a problem. Could be a good time for some much neglected yoke work.

Unhappy Unhappy Unhappy
MrSmall
Still refusing to wear a belt though?
Sounds like the Sciatic nerve. Hope that helps Happy
If you have a back problem, my guess would be yoke work WILL irritate it
I don't want to have to resort to using leg machines Unhappy

Squat is my number 1 exercise. I can't imagine life without it. Dead lifts I can take or leave.
JC said:If you have a back problem, my guess would be yoke work WILL irritate it

I would have thought so, especially if it spreads to your hip. Guess you can only try and see.
Wayne_Cowdrey said:I don't want to have to resort to using leg machines Unhappy

God no, that would make for some terrible videos, and potentialy even worse threads
wayne i have a bad back all
the fing time you have to
learn to love it mate see you soon
Grin

Happy
MrSmall said:Still refusing to wear a belt though?

Cool
davycummings said:
God no, that would make for some terrible videos, and potentialy even worse threads

Don't worry, I'm not going to post blurry footage of me doing leg curls Grin

Squat is my number 1 exercise. I can't imagine life without it. Dead lifts I can take or leave.

Try doing some reverse hypers. You would be amazed how good your back feels after using it.
MrSmall
TBH Wayne just look up some basic mobility stuff, and get a foam roller, you probably have gash flexibility and tightness all over.
Most "back pain" or most aches and pains are from that rather than a serious injury.
And the belt comment was duly ignored I see!

Try doing some reverse hypers. You would be amazed how good your back feels after using it.
I had a similar problem. My pain was on the left side, lower back/ glute. Things that aggravated it was sprinting and cleans mainly. In my case I think it came down to a tight psoas.

The psoas attachments are along either side of your lumbar spine. Then inserts on the inside of your femur. This sounds like the kind of area giving you jip.

I’m sat in front of a computer much of the day which doesn’t help. I do some psoas stretches as part of my warm up and have stopped sleeping on my front which has helped loads.

Might not be what your suffering from but maybe worth considering?
my guess would be that is the sciatic nerve and that you need to start stretching the priformis muscles and IT band. regular mircofacial release in the area will help. and also direct trigger point treatment in the main area.

is the pain in th elow back or just about your arse crack on the right hand side as

there could also be an issue with you SI joint to being out of place.

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitMy back
Return to top View Desktop Site