REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 118 guests
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitReligion...

Religion...

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

TonyIcon...05-09-2007 @ 20:58 
Is partial to the odd bender.
Member 6, 10239 posts
SQ 280, BP 192.5, DL 317.5
790.0 kgs @ 102kgs Eq
Post Edited: 05.09.2007 @ 21:01 PM
Your all going to hell.

I'm not a Jesus freak or anything but I think there must be something going on.

I await the mockery.
BoarIcon...05-09-2007 @ 21:06 
Nothing left in the tank.
Member 5, 25564 posts
Administrator
all i know is that there are somthing like 100 billion stars in our small galaxy and 125 billion galaxys in the universe, if god put that lot together in 6 days ...

somewhere out there a civilisation is flying around with spaceships like starwars ( the better 3rd ones in the second set)

God, is it too much to ask to be able to visit a deathstar ?
TonyIcon...05-09-2007 @ 21:08 
Member 6, 10239 posts
790.0 kgs @ 102kgs Eq
Originally posted by Boar...
all i know is that there are somthing like 100 billion stars in our small galaxy and 125 billion galaxys in the universe, if god put that lot together in 6 days ...

somewhere out there a civilisation is flying around with spaceships like starwars ( the better 3rd ones in the second set)

God, is it too much to ask to be able to visit a deathstar ?

Well where did it all come from then?
BoarIcon...05-09-2007 @ 21:08 
Member 5, 25564 posts
Administrator
of course all this 'what existed befor the big bang' thing really challenges my blamange brain

tony the happy clapping god botherer!!
BoarIcon...05-09-2007 @ 21:08 
Member 5, 25564 posts
Administrator
I just wanna go on the deathstar.
TonyIcon...05-09-2007 @ 21:10 
Member 6, 10239 posts
790.0 kgs @ 102kgs Eq
Originally posted by Boar...
I just wanna go on the deathstar.

So do I my friend, so do I.
HaydenIcon...05-09-2007 @ 21:16 
memories , like the corners of my mind ....
Member 49, 2298 posts
SQ 200, BP 132.5, DL 220
552.5 kgs @ 123kgs UnEq
It always comes back to the same argument.

The religous person says 'the unkown is god'

The atheist says 'where is your proof'

The religouse person says 'faith'

Personally i am very anti religion but not particularly anti god, there is no hard evidence to back up either side. I could go on for hours like this but i reaaally cba typingGrin
RickIcon...05-09-2007 @ 21:41 
I am a bench-only guy
Member 3, 10035 posts
SQ 185, BP 175, DL 235
595.0 kgs @ 140kgs UnEq
Administrator
Originally posted by Tony...

Well where did it all come from then?

The trouble is, if you say "the universe cannot just have happened, so God created it" you then have the problem of where God came from. If you're prepared to allow God to have self-created, there's no reason the universe shouldn't have, and so you don't need Him. Of course if you find a supreme being easier to believe in than a spontaneous universe creation, that's ok, but there's no philosophical imperative.

I struggle with the people-of-the-book concept of a benevolent, all-powerful God. I cannot accept any of the rationalisations I've read of why such a God would allow so much of the dreadfulness that we perpetrate on each other every day (leaving aside hurricanes, tsunami etc). I reject any God who would endorse this.

I think there are deep mysteries to the universe that we are not close to understanding and very likely never will, but I don't think any of them are better explained by a desert shepherder's god with a long white beard and a tendency to smite people.

(PS I spent four years as a resident in a theological college and thus am probably more vigorous about some of this than is good for me.)
FazcIcon...05-09-2007 @ 21:44 
Sports an extremely muscular arse.
Member 38, 6253 posts
I think its important to make the distinction of 'organised religion' and the general 'existence of god'. Certainly people will have a bad impression of organised religion, but thats only ever down to the people who are running these organisations (The preachers, the priests etc). And they are only people, only human and are prone to error and misinterpretation.

BUT in terms of whether a God exists, not the Christian/Islamic etc etc God, but the general idea of a God, the greatest minds of the past 2000+ years have been trying to figure that out. It does boil down to the same thing, the existence of God cannot be 'proven' one way or another. As such, someones belief in non-existence or someones belief in existence shouldn't really be said to be wrong (or right, for that matter).

For science or for beliefe, it is a matter of faith/opinion and theres nothing wrong with that at all.

Can't we all just get along!!
CarlIcon...05-09-2007 @ 22:43 
Loves rugby league ...
Member 13, 14460 posts
SQ 230, BP 180.5, DL 262.5
673.0 kgs @ 128kgs UnEq
Administrator
there has to be something, i dont know what, but, like boar when i've had a tough patch you get help from wherever you can if it made jonny feel better, like it did me, if only for a little bit, does it matter??

probably not
brynevansIcon...05-09-2007 @ 23:11 
Scotbasher - forever
Member 59, 2115 posts
Shane Hammon gets his strength from god, we could all use some of that.
http://www.cbn.com/CBNNews/CWN/072304olympics.aspx
jimblanchflowerIcon...06-09-2007 @ 02:21 
Teabagger for hire
Member 54, 237 posts
The most important question is; if there is a god, why is there so much shallow squatting in the world?

Perhaps one day the lion will lie down with the lamb, but the lamb won't get much sleep.

One thin is for sure. If there is a god he must be huge to be omnipresent and extremely strong to be omnipotent. In order to worship we should be more like him;-

The bigger and stronger you are - the more righteous

Now load up the bar and make a joyous noise unto the lord - lest you be weighed in the balance and found slender.
mozIcon...06-09-2007 @ 08:14 
Feasting on humble pie.
Member 51, 1692 posts
SQ 227.5, BP 185, DL 272.5
685.0 kgs @ 90.4kgs UnEq
I love you guys x Not only do you love strength sports but your all Dawkins reading atheists like me!! this site jus gets better. Any one wonna make babies lol x x x
TitchIcon...06-09-2007 @ 10:13 
One Sexy MoFo
Member 101, 2470 posts
All I've learnt from discussions about gods and beliefs is that it's ulimately pretty pointless having discussions about gods and beliefs. I mean, it's nice to know the views of some people and where they get their beliefs from and whatnot, but at the end of the day the majority of people aren't going to change their gut instincts.

I don't believe in any god and the only major difference between my line of thinking on that and Dawkins's is that the existence of one or otherwise is fairly low down my list of priorities. But as long as I'm not subjected to a Jihad, chased down the streets by Jehovahs, sacrificed to a sacred cow, propositioned by Tom Cruise or raped by Catholic Priests, I'm pretty fine with letting people think what they want to think.
IainKendrickIcon...06-09-2007 @ 10:40 
some nice relaxing jazz.
Member 77, 12599 posts
SQ 265, BP 165, DL 280
710.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 06.09.2007 @ 10:41 AM
But as long as I'm not subjected to a Jihad, chased down the streets by Jehovahs, sacrificed to a sacred cow, propositioned by Tom Cruise or raped by Catholic Priests, I'm pretty fine with letting people think what they want to think.

Snap, but I love a good old discussion at times!

Conversaly I'd sacrifice my hamster to any God that care's for a 600lbs squat Tongue Maybe Super Satan will hear my prayers!

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitReligion...
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions