REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 131 guests
You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitcoronavirus

coronavirus

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Closed This thread has been closed by a moderator. Replies are no longer possible.

12345678910 ... 141142143 ... 153154155156157158159160161162163

danbaseleyIcon...29-04-2021 @ 09:27 
A member for 10 years and still no mouldy peanuts
Member 1252, 4479 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 215
485.0 kgs @ 98kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 29.04.2021 @ 09:39 AM by danbaseley
dannyboy73 said:according to CBS4, asked teachers to wait until the end of the year to get vaccinated or risk their job
...This I dont agree with. If an individual wants it why shouldnt they have it? wont make them infectious or perhaps the issue is that the school doesnt want to pay out sick leave if the jab has long term health issues?
“Until further notice, we ask any employee who has not yet taken the experimental Covid-19 injection, to wait until the end of the school year,” the email reportedly reads.
It continues: “We also recommended that all faculty and staff hold off on taking the injection until there is further research available on whether this experimental drug is impacting unvaccinated individuals.”
...this is sound advise for anyone who doesnt need the jab. apart form the jab impacting on unvaccinated individual..how can this be so? Guess this is why its being reported as conspiracy theory.

This is half-retarded:

“We’re doing what we think is in the best interest of the children because children shouldn’t be around teachers who are vaccinated.”

Only, because children seem to be at the lowest risk of developing life-threatening Covid symptoms.

This is full-retard:

'vaccinated people “may be transmitting something from their bodies” leading to adverse reproductive issues among women."'
danbaseleyIcon...29-04-2021 @ 09:35 
Member 1252, 4479 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 215
485.0 kgs @ 98kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 29.04.2021 @ 09:41 AM by danbaseley
What a surprise.

This school in Miami is run by anti-vaxxers, who - despite having no formal medical and/or statistical analysis background that I can find - are able to link general vaccination practices with ADD, asthma, learning disabilities and (of course) autism:

https://centneracademy.com/medical-freedom-from-mandated-vaccines

People like this need hitting with a brick.

Grin

https://media.giphy.com/media/T7fU0RWWhWpYk/giphy.gif
WILLSANIcon...29-04-2021 @ 22:26 
Trump will get another four years
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/apr/29/nearly-a-quarter-of-b...

Nearly a quarter of British health workers wary of Covid-19 vaccine

Up to a quarter of British healthcare workers have expressed hesitancy towards Covid-19 vaccines, the first comprehensive study of NHS and care staff suggests. Conspiracy beliefs, a paucity of black and ethnic minority participants in vaccine trials, or assuming immunity to Covid-19 because of previous infection were some of the key reasons cited.

“Understanding these drivers is important, because without this understanding you can’t implement any interventions,” said Dr Manish Pareek, associate clinical professor in infectious diseases at the University of Leicester who led the study.

Pareek and his colleagues previously identified lower rates of vaccine uptake among black and south Asian health staff, workers under 30, and those living in more deprived areas. To better understand the reasons for this hesitancy, they recruited 11,584 clinical and non-clinical staff working for the NHS and other health providers, such as dental practices and pharmacies. As well as completing detailed questionnaires about their attitudes to Covid-19 vaccination, some of the participants were interviewed more extensively to better understand their concerns.

The research, which has not yet been peer reviewed, found that 23% of health staff, were hesitant about Covid-19 vaccines, and that hesitancy was more common among BAME health workers, particularly those from black Caribbean groups. However, some white healthcare workers were also hesitant, particularly those in white other ethnic groups. Younger staff, pregnant women and those who had not taken up the flu vaccine were also more hesitant – as were those who had previously tested positive for Covid-19.
danbaseleyIcon...29-04-2021 @ 23:13 
Member 1252, 4479 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 215
485.0 kgs @ 98kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 29.04.2021 @ 23:16 PM by danbaseley
This wariness of vaccines has nothing to do with science.
It has nothing to do with people's jobs - one need only look at Ben Carson, to see one can be an excellent doctor, whilst having a terrible understanding of science.

There are significantly higher numbers of BAME working in the NHS, than the UK workforce as a whole: Asians, blacks and Chinese people figure almost 50% higher in the NHS, than the general working populace.

These groups have, as a whole in the UK, been slow to take up vaccine use - especially the Covid vaccine.

Minority ethnic populations within Europe have been subject to several studies, which shows higher rates of beliefs in conspiracy theories, within minority ethnic groups than in the general population.

Reasoning behind this is thought to be higher incidents of deprivation in certain communities, and/or historical treatment of diaspora communities.

This has everything to do with a lack of understanding, social media acting as an echo chamber to propagate conspiracy theories and a wariness of the unknown.
WILLSANIcon...30-04-2021 @ 12:43 
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
the poor bames.

they know not what they do.

if only they had a saviour.
RickIcon...30-04-2021 @ 16:00 
I am a bench-only guy
Member 3, 10035 posts
SQ 185, BP 175, DL 235
595.0 kgs @ 140kgs UnEq
Administrator
If only they, and the rest of us, didn't have a bunch of bad actors talking s**t to us.
WILLSANIcon...30-04-2021 @ 17:06 
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
if only.

this would be so much easier if no-one asked questions and did just exactly as they were told.
FatpeteIcon...30-04-2021 @ 19:42 
Hyper obese Pete
Member 70, 17893 posts
SQ 322.5, BP 205, DL 300
827.5 kgs @ 133kgs Eq
WILLSAN said:
this would be so much easier if no-one asked questions and did just exactly as they were told.

Or if the asker of the question believed the answers rather than cling to the fanciful nonsense they LIKE to believe

Unhappy Unhappy
dannyboy73Icon...30-04-2021 @ 20:13 
Mask it or Casket !!
Member 4600, 8166 posts
SQ 240, BP 162.5, DL 255
657.5 kgs @ 90.5kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 30.04.2021 @ 20:15 PM by dannyboy73
most of the people who were seeing the covid hysteria as just that, are now getting a vax they really dont need.

I think, the absolute majority are now complicit and obedient.

There is a model whereby an up and coming dictatorship will tighten and then release waves of terror followed by periods of calm. This is done in cycles to create a state of confusion...eventually most people then fall into line... nothing like us then...

anyhow, Im terrible at getting my point across as i dont tend to spend much time agonising over my posts or social media in general. However, this video explains my point. Agree with me or not, you will agree that this video is a nicely put together piece of political science/ philosophy.

WILLSAN said:if only.

WILLSANIcon...30-04-2021 @ 20:58 
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
Fatpete said:
Or if the asker of the question believed the answers rather than cling to the fanciful nonsense they LIKE to believe
Unhappy Unhappy

I have a family and concern for their well-being as I am sure others who have doubts about taking the vaccine do. not to mention my own well being and that of society.

in addition, in my children, I have a keen interest in the direction that society and the way we are governed into the future takes.

there is no LIKE.

I am deadly serious in my beliefs.

I don't take the health of my family lightly.

im here to be convinced.

but I am very, very far from that.

given the derogatory characterisations that flow like water on this forum ('conspiracy', 'tin foil hat', 'snake oil', 'bad actors' etc.) you would think that it would be relatively easy to puncture holes in such obvious falsehoods.

on the contrary, I find that many of the ideas that I considered early on in this situation have only been strengthened with additional evidence.

I have posted many videos, articles, studies alongside my own opinions with very little substantive counter argument or data being posted in response.

but the long and short is that I am not going to put my family at risk just to stay bull-headed in this discussion on this forum. as lovely as you all are you are not that important.

if your concern in the danger of these ideas is genuine, convince me and anyone else who might consider them.

my concerns about the vaccines are many and are largely covered in this article.

https://www.deconstructingconventional.com/post/18-reason-i-won-t-b...

18 Reasons I Won't Be Getting a Covid Vaccine

A few friends have asked my thoughts on the covid jab(s) so I thought it was time to write an article on the topic.

All my friends had not heard most of the details I shared, so I figured you might appreciate hearing some of what I told them.

Knowing how contentious this issue is, part of me would rather just write about something else, but I feel like the discussion/news is so one-sided that I should speak up.

As I always strive to do, I promise to do my best to be level-headed and non-hysterical.

I'm not here to pick a fight with anyone, just to walk you through some of what I've read, my lingering questions, and explain why I can't make sense of these covid vaccines.

I dont think these questions are crazy in the slightest but maybe im wrong. convince me.

and some videos for those who watch them on vaccine concerns from a societal point of view, the vaccine passport argument and herd immunity.

https://odysee.com/@tsundoku:8/Ep91-Emeritus-Professor-of-Immunology...Reveals-Crucial-Viral-Immunity-Reality-GBRcK-od50Q:6

I think these are bright people making compelling arguments but maybe im wrong. convince me.
WILLSANIcon...30-04-2021 @ 21:29 
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
dannyboy73 said:

that is a great video. very thought provoking.
FatpeteIcon...30-04-2021 @ 22:59 
Hyper obese Pete
Member 70, 17893 posts
SQ 322.5, BP 205, DL 300
827.5 kgs @ 133kgs Eq
WILLSAN said:
I dont think these questions are crazy in the slightest but maybe im wrong. convince me.

I can't, I don't think anyone can. You have the most closed mind I have ever encountered. This thread has lumbered on for 140+ pages now and you still want convincing.

OK that's fine but if you haven't changed your mind thus far, then you aren't going to. I don't see anything happening now that has happened previously.

If you were going to change your mind you would have changed it by now.

Either one of the above is fine by me. Probably fine by anyone. But having esthablished that you are going / not going to change your mind, why are you still here posting ?

You have already either lost or won (depending on your point of view) so why still continue the fight ?
billynomatesIcon...01-05-2021 @ 00:04 
Member 4923, 1795 posts
Post Edited: 01.05.2021 @ 00:04 AM by billynomates
WILLSAN said:
Fatpete said:
Unhappy Unhappy

my concerns about the vaccines are many and are largely covered in this article.

https://www.deconstructingconventional.com/post/18-reason-i-won-t-b...

Did you look at the rebuttal to that article, referenced in the comments section? It can be found at https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/christian-elliots-18-reasons-i-wont-be-getting-a-covid-vaccine-viral-antivaccine-misinformation/

Far more compelling imo
WILLSANIcon...01-05-2021 @ 07:25 
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
Fatpete said:
I can't, I don't think anyone can. You have the most closed mind I have ever encountered. This thread has lumbered on for 140+ pages now and you still want convincing.
OK that's fine but if you haven't changed your mind thus far, then you aren't going to. I don't see anything happening now that has happened previously.
If you were going to change your mind you would have changed it by now.
Either one of the above is fine by me. Probably fine by anyone. But having esthablished that you are going / not going to change your mind, why are you still here posting ?
You have already either lost or won (depending on your point of view) so why still continue the fight ?

try flipping your analysis and applying it to those on the other side of the debate.

I will keep posting whilst people keep replying.

this is, after all, a forum where conversations happen.
WILLSANIcon...01-05-2021 @ 07:59 
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
billynomates said:
Did you look at the rebuttal to that article, referenced in the comments section? It can be found at https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/christian-elliots-18-reasons-i-wont-be-getting-a-covid-vaccine-viral-antivaccine-misinformation/
Far more compelling imo

no I didnt.

had a quick scan and I cant help but be frustrated by the use of ad hom and smearing buzzwords like 'antivaxx' and 'tropes' used throughout. the debunk culture is full of this and I dont think it is helpful. it is obvious that if you are trying to persuade someone that insulting/smearing them will only undermine your case and entrench your opponents. however, maybe that is the point. where would a consensus leave someone in the debunking trade?

the big one, for me, is this:

#6: NO LONG-TERM SAFETY TESTING

Obviously, with products that have only been on the market a few months, we have no long-term safety data.

In other words, we have no idea what this product will do in the body months or years from now–for ANY population.

Given all the risks above (risks that ALL pharmaceutical products have), would it not be prudent to wait to see if the worst-case scenarios have indeed been avoided?

This is yet another common antivaccine trope that’s been used about vaccines as long as I can remember, even long before the pandemic. It’s tempting just to respond that, to antivaxxers, no amount of “long term safety testing” is ever enough to convince them that a vaccine is safe. That being said, in fairness I must note that it is true that these vaccines have only been distributed for four months and were developed in less than a year, even as I note that the technologies behind the vaccines (mRNA-based and adenovirus-based) had been in development for a couple of decades before that. I note that anti-GMO “journalist” Paul Thacker made similar claims about “no long term testing” and, when called on it, really had to stretch to find any examples whatsoever of long-term side effects from vaccines, whose adverse reactions, when they occur, usually occur within a few weeks. Let’s just say that the examples chosen were rare and in special cases, such as immunocompromised patients. Given the data we have now, the highly unlikely possibility of rare late side effects cropping up months from now is not a reason, in the middle of a pandemic, to avoid a vaccine against a disease that is killing millions and disabling even more. Basically, this is a variation of a favorite antivaccine trope, the Nirvana fallacy, in which it is argued that if a vaccine isn’t perfectly safe and perfectly effective it’s crap.

we simply do not know if there are any long term side effects of these vaccines.

and this is compounded by the fact that these particular vaccines work through completely different mechanisms to those we have commonly used in the past making any comparison of long term safety between them useless.

all assurances of long term safety are based on supposition.

in addition to this, once the initial trials were completed, all the participants who received the placebo were then offered the real thing which destroys any hope of monitoring the control group in the long term. the only way we will ever be able to monitor any long term effects is to study differences in outcomes for those who choose not to be vaccinated and those who do.

thank you for flagging this.

I will look at it more closely when I get a bit of time to go through it properly.

12345678910 ... 141142143 ... 153154155156157158159160161162163

You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitcoronavirus
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions