Who's Online - 0 members and 176 guests

Paul Savage training log

Users viewing topic: & 5 Guests

12345678910 ... 590591592 ... 617618619620621622623624625626627

PaulSavageIcon...28-02-2018 @ 16:06 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
LessThanLuke said:
I have almost 20" arms weighing 110kg.
21" at 170+ is not something you should brag about.

I wasn't bragging, I think of my arms as being small. How's do the other measurements match up?
General_illIcon...28-02-2018 @ 16:10 
3rd place Europes strongest man 2016 U90kg
Member 1239, 13275 posts
SQ 280, BP 155, DL 310
745.0 kgs @ 89kgs UnEq
PaulSavage said:
they all talk about how big I am or how much weight I'm lifting.

That x4less you lift in though is full of c**ts.
ben66Icon...28-02-2018 @ 16:15 
Why get fat to look big?
Member 1330, 4797 posts
SQ 300, BP 200, DL 305
805.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
PaulSavage said:
Is it f**k, of all the people that come up to me in the gym not a single one has said 'wow your really fat' they all talk about how big I am or how much weight I'm lifting. Also the vast majority of my waist measurement is still muscle even now at 27+ stone.

People are polite- of course they're not going to come up to you and say you're fat! You are fat- you're 27 stone, and it's not all muscle, I hate to break it to you. Your waist measurement isn't altered by muscle really, only fat- it's a great measurement to see how fat you actually are in fact. If my weight goes up, but my waist doesn't- I've grown muscle, if my waist goes up, I've gained fat (along with muscle in all likelihood)
PaulSavageIcon...28-02-2018 @ 16:16 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
KevC86 said:
It was a close call but ive selected this as the best part of todays posts.
You have a wealth of knowledge on avoiding injury, yet neither you or your star pupil are currently fit to compete.
Great stuff, keep it up.
(The refusal to see the Generals physio was a close second, for a guy who claims he is willing to do anything to succeed you sure as s**t aren't exactly fighting to get to Northerns, especially now that the line up has gotten so stacked)

Its strongman - nobody is completely fit to compete? Injuries happen and I've already explained I'm very prone to them and the very slight mistakes I made to get the recent ones. Also Becca's shoulder injury is from a rugby accident long before I even knew her, I've successfully worked around it for over a year and managed to get her to win every overhead event she's done by a mile Also managed to completely fix her back from severe injury (again rugby, nothing to do with me) where she didn't think she could ever lift again after 18 months of not doing. She's gone from being on morphine for 6 month feeling like her back could go at any point even after 8 months of physio to doing a two day world strongwoman championship and a world grip championship in the same weekend with no niggles after.
PaulSavageIcon...28-02-2018 @ 16:21 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
ben66 said:
People are polite- of course they're not going to come up to you and say you're fat! You are fat- you're 27 stone, and it's not all muscle, I hate to break it to you. Your waist measurement isn't altered by muscle really, only fat- it's a great measurement to see how fat you actually are in fact. If my weight goes up, but my waist doesn't- I've grown muscle, if my waist goes up, I've gained fat (along with muscle in all likelihood)

Of course its not all muscle. I'm not fat. I have more muscle to fat than the average person. You arnt very bright, the size of your lower back and ab muscles play a big roll in your waist measurement, so does food intake. It seems like you think I want to be a bodybuilder? I'm perfectly fine with the amount of fat I have, I wouldnt want to have less. The aim is to be as big and strong as possible, I could care less about having a six pack, if I did I'd get weaker, lose muscle and make less progress.
PaulSavageIcon...28-02-2018 @ 16:25 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
General_ill said:
That x4less you lift in though is full of c**ts.

Really?? Have you been in there? The staff have always been great with us and everybody has been cool, we both get a lot of support and nice comments. Lot of them follow strongman. Can't fault the place at all, that's why we got the sponsorship with them.
ben66Icon...28-02-2018 @ 16:26 
Why get fat to look big?
Member 1330, 4797 posts
SQ 300, BP 200, DL 305
805.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
PaulSavage said:
Of course its not all muscle. I'm not fat. I have more muscle to fat than the average person. You arnt very bright, the size of your lower back and ab muscles play a big roll in your waist measurement, so does food intake. It seems like you think I want to be a bodybuilder? I'm perfectly fine with the amount of fat I have, I wouldnt want to have less. The aim is to be as big and strong as possible, I could care less about having a six pack, if I did I'd get weaker, lose muscle and make less progress.

I'd guess you have more fat to muscle than the average person. But I'm not going to argue the point. I know you want to be big, but you're in denial. Being fat as strongman isn't a problem, but you need to be strong with it.

I was looking forward to seeing you do this comp, and showcasing what you can do- but, as time went along, it became more obvious what was coming.

Good luck in your future endeavours.
RebeccaRobertsIcon...28-02-2018 @ 16:31 
update game is weak
Member 6289, 173 posts
SQ 220, BP 120, DL 228
568.0 kgs @ 175kgs UnEq
danbaseley said:
If the medical staff are having issues with understanding how you injured yourself, you need to explain it in terms which they will understand.
See if they can envisage a jolly looking man leaving Gregg's with two bin bags full of doughnuts, in order to chase after an ice cream van going around a hairpin bend.
They should fully understand the forces acting upon your body.

That actually made me laugh haha
General_illIcon...28-02-2018 @ 16:34 
Member 1239, 13275 posts
SQ 280, BP 155, DL 310
745.0 kgs @ 89kgs UnEq
PaulSavage said:
Really?? Have you been in there? The staff have always been great with us and everybody has been cool, we both get a lot of support and nice comments. Lot of them follow strongman. Can't fault the place at all, that's why we got the sponsorship with them.

I’ve been in and I know a few of the staff. I don’t know any other strongmen they train there. Although few of my members do have membership go on occasion so may have been them. In fact it’s them that tell me the majority of the people are c**ts.
PaulSavageIcon...28-02-2018 @ 16:37 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
ben66 said:
I'd guess you have more fat to muscle than the average person. But I'm not going to argue the point. I know you want to be big, but you're in denial. Being fat as strongman isn't a problem, but you need to be strong with it.
I was looking forward to seeing you do this comp, and showcasing what you can do- but, as time went along, it became more obvious what was coming.
Good luck in your future endeavours.

You seen this injury coming?? In that case no thanks for letting me know dickhead, as I sure as f**k didn't.

If you don't think I'm strong you have a very skewed view of what's strong. I would come in the 99+% of physical strength for human, this is factual (and I'll keep getting stronger and stronger).
PaulSavageIcon...28-02-2018 @ 16:45 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
General_ill said:
I’ve been in and I know a few of the staff. I don’t know any other strongmen they train there. Although few of my members do have membership go on occasion so may have been them. In fact it’s them that tell me the majority of the people are c**ts.

Why do they say they are c**ts? Not putting weights away? That's only thing I can think of. There's another guy training for a strongman comp at mo, not sure if there's others, I don't go talk to people unless they talk to me first. There's some power lifters and a decent amount of weightlifters though, some sprinters, boxers and mma guys too. Plus good split of male to female, It's pretty mixed rather than just bodybuilders and gym bunnies etc They are much more along the lines of catering for everybody including the athletes and for me for the price its an amazing gym. I used to pay near 4 x as much for total fitness and it was completely s**te compared.
General_illIcon...28-02-2018 @ 16:48 
Member 1239, 13275 posts
SQ 280, BP 155, DL 310
745.0 kgs @ 89kgs UnEq
PaulSavage said:
Why do they say they are c**ts? Not putting weights away? That's only thing I can think of. There's another guy training for a strongman comp at mo, not sure if there's others, I don't go talk to people unless they talk to me first. There's some power lifters and a decent amount of weightlifters though, some sprinters, boxers and mma guys too. Plus good split of male to female, It's pretty mixed rather than just bodybuilders and gym bunnies etc They are much more along the lines of catering for everybody including the athletes and for me for the price its an amazing gym. I used to pay near 4 x as much for total fitness and it was completely s**te compared.

The facility is good yeah. But not being able get a squat rack for curlers. Not putting stuff away. Walking past bars whist deadlifting taking plates off platforms being used. General commercial gym c**tishness
PaulSavageIcon...28-02-2018 @ 16:56 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
General_ill said:
The facility is good yeah. But not being able get a squat rack for curlers. Not putting stuff away. Walking past bars whist deadlifting taking plates off platforms being used. General commercial gym c**tishness

I've only ever seen one person curling in the squat rack there but you have to take weights off racks being used as there simply isn't enough bumper weights and they don't have any normal plates on that side of the gym. That is the biggest issue I have with the gym. If they kept some normal weights over that side it wouldn't be an issue.
PaulSavageIcon...28-02-2018 @ 17:06 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
Post Edited: 28.02.2018 @ 17:07 PM by PaulSavage
By the way I totally get what you mean with commercial gym c**tness I just think xercise4less is a massive step forward in terms of commercial gyms for the masses. You actually see people doing proper training in there and people actually training for sports performance and not just to get show muscles. Yes you will still get the commercial gym bull but it's less and its far cheaper which is cool. They allow me to use chalk - that's probably the best way to say it.
danbaseleyIcon...28-02-2018 @ 17:20 
A member for 10 years and still no mouldy peanuts
Member 1252, 4481 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 215
485.0 kgs @ 98kgs UnEq
PaulSavage said:

I thought you said you always get stronger on a cut?

If so, why not be less fat - thereby avoiding dem dere shin splints - and at the same time getting stronger?

It's a strongman contest, not an eating contest - and as you have repeatedly pointed out, you always get stronger when you lose weight.

Or are you simply worried about being too strong, winning the qualifiers and ending up with 21.5" arms?

12345678910 ... 590591592 ... 617618619620621622623624625626627

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions