Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitWho's going to win WSM 2015?

Who's going to win WSM 2015?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Benfrancis1993 said:Oberst proved how good he is again.

(Sarcasm intended)

I actually like Oberst but did you see that video recently when he calls himself "one of the strongest men ever"? He hasn't exactly earnt the right to throw phrases like that around, yet!
luki
Are there any other famouse lifters from Grenada. They must go mad when Felix does well there.
LaTuta
Nimble said:
I actually like Oberst but did you see that video recently when he calls himself "one of the strongest men ever"? He hasn't exactly earnt the right to throw phrases like that around, yet!

Well for me somebody who competes in the Worlds Strongest Man Competitions clearly is one of the strongest men ever.
HeavyFuel
donnie said:
almost last event
planning retirement if not win wsm
hes in shape
best stage to do it

Has Z said he is retiring after this year?
LaTuta said:
Well for me somebody who competes in the Worlds Strongest Man Competitions clearly is one of the strongest men ever.

if you are American or British you really only have to be one of the top 10 in your country and you have a decent chance of making WSM (not that making the top 10 is easy)
Mikeneto
I am pretty sure Oberst said before he used to play American Football. He doesn't move like anyone with any athletic background. The other big guys from a sporting background move much better such as Shaw, Terry Hollands and Mike Jenkins did.
Robbo91
Mikeneto said:I am pretty sure Oberst said before he used to play American Football. He doesn't move like anyone with any athletic background. The other big guys from a sporting background move much better such as Shaw, Terry Hollands and Mike Jenkins did.

What did Jenkins play? I know Thor and Shaw were basketball and terry was rugby. Sports with obviously a lot of running. I know almost nothing about american football, but it does seem that the big offensive linemen don't need to do much actual running, just a lot of wrestling or short drives forward. I always assumed that was why they could be so big compared to other sportsmen. You can't run for 80 minutes and be 400lbs. I agree with what you said, he doesn't move that well. I think he'll struggle to become a regular in the final whilst his deadlift is 'only' around the 360-380 mark. I don't imagine he squats well either.
deleted2_20210523
deleted
Well done to Ed and Felix. Good luck for the final guys Happy
Robbo91 said:
What did Jenkins play? I know Thor and Shaw were basketball and terry was rugby. Sports with obviously a lot of running. I know almost nothing about american football, but it does seem that the big offensive linemen don't need to do much actual running, just a lot of wrestling or short drives forward. I always assumed that was why they could be so big compared to other sportsmen. You can't run for 80 minutes and be 400lbs. I agree with what you said, he doesn't move that well. I think he'll struggle to become a regular in the final whilst his deadlift is 'only' around the 360-380 mark. I don't imagine he squats well either.

I believe Mike Jenkins was an American Football player in his youth/college etc.
Predictions for finals?

I'm going
Shaw
Z
Burke
Thor
LessThanLuke said:Predictions for finals?

Hall
Z
Shaw
Thor
Burke

come on Eddie!
Shaw
Z
Thor
Hall
Burke

Though I wouldn't rule out felix making an appearance in the top 5, he really does look to be in such good form at the moment.
KevC86 said:Shaw
Z
Thor
Hall
Burke

This
FAT_SAM said:
Hall
Z
Shaw
Thor
Burke
come on Eddie!

Serious predictions.

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitWho's going to win WSM 2015?
Return to top View Desktop Site