REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 175 guests

Pudzianowski strongman comeback?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

badmongoIcon...28-09-2014 @ 12:27 
has experience of quad imbalance
Member 3676, 427 posts
Who knows how he would fair. He is only 2" shorter than big z though and if he were going to give it a go I'm sure he could and would gain size. In his time he was perfect for strongman of that era but just as the sports has evolved maybe so could he. In his day he used to dominate virtually every event! These days you dont see that so much. It would be great to see him have a crack at todays events. One think pudz always had was the strongest desire to win, if he still has that who knows what he is capable of!
dannyboy73Icon...28-09-2014 @ 13:58 
Mask it or Casket !!
Member 4600, 8166 posts
SQ 240, BP 162.5, DL 255
657.5 kgs @ 90.5kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 28.09.2014 @ 13:59 PM by dannyboy73
He had self image issues
JackRevans said:why was mariuz so much more shredded than the other competitors?

in all seriousness, he was the nuts and a good sport (recall when he came third, dressed up in the local costume and played the marrackers on the podium, this was class and such a good loser) and somehow gets a bad wrap, I dont know why?

As for who was the best, weve been through this and the answer is situated in history, therefore, they all were the bestGrin
SimeonIcon...28-09-2014 @ 17:03 
tight in the hole
Member 2057, 3121 posts
SQ 205, BP 140, DL 260
605.0 kgs @ 95kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 28.09.2014 @ 17:04 PM by Simeon
dannyboy73 said:He had self image issues
in all seriousness, he was the nuts and a good sport (recall when he came third, dressed up in the local costume and played the marrackers on the podium, this was class and such a good loser) and somehow gets a bad wrap, I dont know why?
As for who was the best, weve been through this and the answer is situated in history, therefore, they all were the bestGrin

Might have been a good loser, but wasn't a good winner. Remember 2008 when he beat lbstone on stones to win?

p.s. not hating, I think he was great
dannyboy73Icon...28-09-2014 @ 17:50 
Mask it or Casket !!
Member 4600, 8166 posts
SQ 240, BP 162.5, DL 255
657.5 kgs @ 90.5kgs UnEq
Fair point.

However, 2008? good lord hasnt time floooown!

Simeon said:
Might have been a good loser, but wasn't a good winner. Remember 2008 when he beat lbstone on stones to win?
93hopkinsonrIcon...28-09-2014 @ 18:15 
Mr.Potato deadlift
Member 2675, 4632 posts
SQ 300, BP 200, DL 300
800.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Simeon said:

Are you referring to when he was jumping around next to poundstone while he was still trying to get the 5th stone?

If so I don't think that was bad sportsmanship, I think he just got over excited when he did win.

Pudzianowski used to dominate the worlds strongest man and I have no doubt if he'd stuck with it he would have revolved with the sport. I don't think he'd go from being the best to suddenly everyone going passed him. For example he beat terry Hollands when they competed, and in later years Hollands was back on the podium.
AdamTIcon...29-09-2014 @ 08:48 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5206 posts
93hopkinsonr said:
Are you referring to when he was jumping around next to poundstone while he was still trying to get the 5th stone?
If so I don't think that was bad sportsmanship, I think he just got over excited when he did win.
Pudzianowski used to dominate the worlds strongest man and I have no doubt if he'd stuck with it he would have revolved with the sport. I don't think he'd go from being the best to suddenly everyone going passed him. For example he beat terry Hollands when they competed, and in later years Hollands was back on the podium.

Agree fully. For anyone that may never have seen it, youtube WSM 03 final. Most dominant performance ever.
terryhollandsIcon...29-09-2014 @ 09:13 
9x WSM finalist!
Member 662, 3372 posts
93hopkinsonr said:

To be fair, I was just a tiny bit better in 2011 than the years Mariusz was beating me.

Ask any guy who's competed at the very top level who the best ever is and virtually every single one would say zydrunas. Don't forget z was kept out of wsm in the years Mariusz won 3 titles yet z never lost to Mariusz in those years. Mariusz was great but z imo is the best ever
93hopkinsonrIcon...29-09-2014 @ 13:34 
Mr.Potato deadlift
Member 2675, 4632 posts
SQ 300, BP 200, DL 300
800.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
terryhollands said:
To be fair, I was just a tiny bit better in 2011 than the years Mariusz was beating me.
Ask any guy who's competed at the very top level who the best ever is and virtually every single one would say zydrunas. Don't forget z was kept out of wsm in the years Mariusz won 3 titles yet z never lost to Mariusz in those years. Mariusz was great but z imo is the best ever

I totally agree, my point was that he would have got stronger too as the sport evolved that's all. I agree z has shown much more impressive feats of strength
terryhollandsIcon...30-09-2014 @ 11:13 
9x WSM finalist!
Member 662, 3372 posts
93hopkinsonr said:
I totally agree, my point was that he would have got stronger too as the sport evolved that's all. I agree z has shown much more impressive feats of strength

We will never know if he could have. I personally don't think his body could have coped with much more hence why he retired when he did. You can only abuse your body for so long before it could become a big problem.
MasterTIcon...30-09-2014 @ 11:35 
Member 2509, 123 posts
SQ 335, BP 237.5, DL 380
952.5 kgs @ 106.4kgs UnEq
terryhollands said:
We will never know if he could have. I personally don't think his body could have coped with much more hence why he retired when he did. You can only abuse your body for so long before it could become a big problem.

This is a very interesting point. Expanding on it in terms of his frame Mariusz was as well muscled as he likely could be without focusing on bodybuilidng style training and hypertrophy which is nowhere near as functional as strength hypertrophy.
Mariusz trains or has trained Radziakowski who is larger and by all accounts looking at whats has been lifted stronger than Mariusz and he has struggled in Worlds Strongest Man (of course there is an argument due to his multiple competitions in the champions league that he is burned out by the time he gets there).

I believe the reality of the situation is Mariusz despite being a phenomenal athlete was in decline in the latter years and while he is undoubtedly still better than many out there he wouldn't come close to some of the abilities now.
Sports change and athletes change, records are broken and move on. Mariusz had his time in the spotlight and all credit too him, he can only beat who is there to compete against, the politics keeping Big Z out for a while were ridiculous but that is not Mariusz fault.
Funky_monkeyIcon...30-09-2014 @ 12:19 
403 forbidden message
Member 160, 5121 posts
SQ 190, BP 137.5, DL 225
552.5 kgs @ 86kgs UnEq
MasterT said:
I believe the reality of the situation is Mariusz despite being a phenomenal athlete was in decline in the latter years and while he is undoubtedly still better than many out there he wouldn't come close to some of the abilities now.
Sports change and athletes change, records are broken and move on. Mariusz had his time in the spotlight and all credit too him, he can only beat who is there to compete against, the politics keeping Big Z out for a while were ridiculous but that is not Mariusz fault.

http://s30.postimg.org/dc88k4d99/ukraine.jpg
ChrisMcCarthyIcon...30-09-2014 @ 12:24 
Lost his pen, then found his pen. #phew
Member 4899, 2956 posts
I think the condition Pudz kept himself in was as much to do with potential sponsors as the shape he 'needed' to be in contest wise.
Savolainen87Icon...30-09-2014 @ 12:57 
banned.
Member 4768, 413 posts
SQ 310, BP 232.5, DL 310
852.5 kgs @ 140kgs UnEq
terryhollands said:

This is it , he took care of his health.
93hopkinsonrIcon...30-09-2014 @ 15:07 
Mr.Potato deadlift
Member 2675, 4632 posts
SQ 300, BP 200, DL 300
800.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
terryhollands said:

Am i right in thinking your talking about gear use and not nutrition?
VinnyJonesIcon...30-09-2014 @ 15:39 
Who said it's hardcore?
Member 3896, 847 posts
SQ 265, BP 150, DL 320
735.0 kgs @ 128kgs UnEq
93hopkinsonr said:
Am i right in thinking your talking about gear use and not nutrition?

Creatine does dangerous things to a man.

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions