Who's Online - 0 members and 229 guests

biker David dies hitting car at 97mph

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

jwalksIcon...05-09-2014 @ 21:52 
Member 4526, 107 posts
SQ 200, BP 140, DL 240
580.0 kgs @ 96kgs UnEq
Harry said:
97mph on a single dual carriageway where maximum speed is 60mph or 50mph if restricted?
AM I reading this right?
"Pretty steady"...for an idiot yes. The car had no chance of seeing him. I've had a few close calls by not seeing bikers and held off moving only to see them coming past pretty fast.
He was subject to Darwins theory of evolution and his genes were expelled from the gene pool. Thats nature's way of saying; too bad you're an idiot..

I meant he was probably taking it steady in terms of his riding ability and his bikes capability. You can see he's not redlining it through the gears or tucked in, he's sat quite upright and even waves a thank you to the car he'd just overtaken.

It may sound daft to people who have never riden a powerful bike but in his mind he probably thought he was just casually cruising along at a steady 100mph.
little_aIcon...05-09-2014 @ 21:56 
still a devious weightlifting bastard
Member 43, 14374 posts
jwalks said:
in his mind he probably thought he was just casually cruising along at a steady 100mph.

On a 50 mph road?
ironcolinIcon...05-09-2014 @ 23:10 
Member 2552, 848 posts
SQ 190, BP 160, DL 220
570.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
I seen this only about an hour or so ago.

I myself are a biker and have been for about 10years now. I have a vast experience of biking, from riding 400cc to 1000cc v-twin sports bikes to scooters to Harley Davidsons on the track and on the public roads in most country's in europe in all kinds of weather from the likes of high 30 degrees in Tuscany to -10 commuting to work in snow on some of the worst and best roads in the world. Covering thousands if not hundreds of thousands of miles! I've even lost close friends through bike incidents and had a few close calls myself and been injured on track.

And my reaction to the story and video mentioned is that, yes we bikers like to ride fast and hell, that's one of the many attractions to biking, but the more experienced of us bikers know that we all have and will continue to ride fast but this guy wasn't using his head and riding " safe " and paid the price. Time and a place!

RIP fella and thoughts to whom he has left behind.
das_eagleIcon...05-09-2014 @ 23:54 
Member 5028, 46 posts
ironcolin said:I seen this only about an hour or so ago.

I myself are a biker and have been for about 10years now. I have a vast experience of biking, from riding 400cc to 1000cc v-twin sports bikes to scooters to Harley Davidsons on the track and on the public roads in most country's in europe in all kinds of weather from the likes of high 30 degrees in Tuscany to -10 commuting to work in snow on some of the worst and best roads in the world. Covering thousands if not hundreds of thousands of miles! I've even lost close friends through bike incidents and had a few close calls myself and been injured on track.

And my reaction to the story and video mentioned is that, yes we bikers like to ride fast and hell, that's one of the many attractions to biking, but the more experienced of us bikers know that we all have and will continue to ride fast but this guy wasn't using his head and riding " safe " and paid the price. Time and a place!

RIP fella and thoughts to whom he has left behind.
#

Just make sure that when you 'deem' it ok to ride like a dickmouth there is no innocent bystanders around to be taken out if you have a high speed accident.
ironcolinIcon...06-09-2014 @ 08:28 
Member 2552, 848 posts
SQ 190, BP 160, DL 220
570.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
das_eagle said:#
Just make sure that when you 'deem' it ok to ride like a dickmouth there is no innocent bystanders around to be taken out if you have a high speed accident.

Totally agree, as I said, time and a place to ride fast. There are intelligent bikers and talented bikers out there that know when and how to ride fast.
PhillippeHalterIcon...06-09-2014 @ 10:00 
Are horror films healthy...?
Member 5449, 2203 posts
Is there any more footage of this?
Tom_MartinIcon...06-09-2014 @ 13:11 
No one believed him anyway.
Member 958, 11411 posts
SQ 410, BP 215, DL 425
1050.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
Other road users make decisions, like pulling out, based on how far away oncoming vehicles are and how fast they SHOULD be going. If you're doing double the speed limit you have no right to be upset if somebody thinks he has twice as much time to pull out as he actually does.
bezaIcon...06-09-2014 @ 13:44 
I hit a pb today with a chest infection
Member 3283, 1921 posts
Tom_Martin said:Other road users make decisions, like pulling out, based on how far away oncoming vehicles are and how fast they SHOULD be going. If you're doing double the speed limit you have no right to be upset if somebody thinks he has twice as much time to pull out as he actually does.

Completely agree.
I know the mother has lost her son but how can she be so blinded to say motorists take more care at junctions for bikers!?
f**king agitates me, all the adverts you see on billboards or on tv are telling the people in the car to be more f**king aware of the biker, how about the biker doesn't f**king ride illegally and stays in lane and overtakes where it's safe and not at f**king junctions and be more aware of cars!
IainTIcon...06-09-2014 @ 16:59 
normal people, like me.
Member 2325, 550 posts
I think in this instance, the driver said he hadn't seen the biker at all. So her comments are probably fair enough.

The problem is, you see what you're looking for and where you're looking for it. It's amazing what you can miss when you're not looking for it, and it's in a slightly unusual place.
BoarIcon...06-09-2014 @ 17:14 
Nothing left in the tank.
Member 5, 25565 posts
Administrator
I know he was speeding and that's what caused him to die but it looks like the car driver pulled across him and wouldn't have seen him had he been doing 50 , but obviously he may have been able to do something about it
PhillippeHalterIcon...06-09-2014 @ 17:37 
Are horror films healthy...?
Member 5449, 2203 posts
I don't think he will make that mistake again
BoarIcon...06-09-2014 @ 18:26 
Nothing left in the tank.
Member 5, 25565 posts
Administrator
neither will the car driver me thinks !!
little_aIcon...06-09-2014 @ 19:09 
still a devious weightlifting bastard
Member 43, 14374 posts
Boar said:neither will the car driver me thinks !!

Does anyone know if she's alright?
JohnIconintresting06-09-2014 @ 20:19 
#biggef
Member 5263, 3492 posts
SQ 260, BP 195, DL 260
715.0 kgs @ 130kgs UnEq
Interesting coments , the driver was charged and admitted driving without due care,biker was going to fast.tbh there are some good drivers that see things unfolding before they happen and some drivers/riders that just don't see anything until its under there nose.I think yes bike was going to fast but I also think had the car driver taken an extra nano second to glance up the road it may have been avoided,obviously the police investigation thought the same. Tragic allround to be fair,
McMuffin_GainsIcon...06-09-2014 @ 22:37 
Help me rescue my Insulina.
Member 5366, 1090 posts
The rider was going too fast, yes.

Would it of made a difference if he was going 60? Almost certainly NOT.

The driver did not see him, hence why if you bother to pause the video you will see just how f**king close the bike gets to the car before it turns into his path.

Also, the bike is an Yamaha FJR1300, it would of have had headlights on, as most modern bikes do to increase visibility and safety - engines on, lights are running.

The FJR1300 is also the bike of choice for many Police Forces and if you watch TV shows with motorcycle cops, it's not uncommon to see them riding, exactly like this when responding. If the driver didn't see this bike, would they have seen the same bike with a piddly blue light on a stick on the back? Almost certainly not. Who's fault would that then have been?

With regards to the people saying it was the speed the rider came up on the car, you will always see a big, fully faired motorcycle with headlights at ANY speed at 20 metres distance unless A) you're blind or B) you just don't look properly.

People drive based on the speed other road users should be driving ?? Firstly, even at 60mph that car would have still pulled across him with most likely the same result. And that's the sort of attitude that causes accidents like this. Yes the rider was going way too fast, but take just a second more to look and maybe you will observe that the rider is going a little too fast, maybe you should wait, then, yes feel free to chunter to yourself about what an ar****le the rider is and how he's going to get himself killed, at least you weren't the one to do it!

Drivers and Motorcyclists always blame each other, I'm both and I see both sides. Some bikers ride like idiots and yes a lot of what has been said is applicable to these people, especially when they cause the accident and involve innocent road users. However there are also some f**king lazy drivers who don't look properly if at all, or bother to check mirrors.

In this instance, despite the speed of the bike, the driver was in the wrong

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions