You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitRoad Rage

Road Rage

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Martin1956IconRoad Rage10-07-2008 @ 17:08 
Old Age Presser
Member 75, 7745 posts
SQ 0, BP 200, DL 200
400.0 kgs @ 105kgs Eq
Driving home from dropping my daughter off at work just after noon, I turned right then stopped to let a driver who was holding up oncoming traffic to turn right (it's a staggered junction). That caused a bus driver behind me to flash lights and 'tailgate' me, to my annoyance. 100 yards past the junction, he pulled in to a bus stop. So did I.

I walked towards the bus and this cocky 'hero' visibly shrunk in size as I approached. Don't know if it was the head (had my monthly shave two nights ago) or the vest (I'm just over two weeks away from the British Championships and in reasonable shape), but I walked up to the window and politely enquired why he had tailgated me and flashed me.

"You pulled out on me and made me brake."

"No I didn't, you only had to brake because I was being courteous and allowing a driver to make a right turn. I pulled out long before you reached the junction."

"Oh, I see."

"Yes, just like cars behind me always have to brake when I slow down to let buses out."

"Oh, sorry, it won't happen again."

Priceless!

Anyone else noticed how much braver people are in their little metal boxes than they are face to face? And the bigger the box, the braver they are while they're in it?
Grin Wink
NeilIcon...10-07-2008 @ 17:12 
For Kettle, For Country!
Member 81, 1706 posts
SQ 182.5, BP 120, DL 227.5
530.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
Martin1956 said:
Don't know if it was the head (had my monthly shave two nights ago) or the vest (I'm just over two weeks away from the British Championships and in reasonable shape)

Notice he doesn't mention the cricket bat... Grin

But yeah, some people seem to be a good deal braver behind the wheel/keyboard than they would be face to face!
RobThomasIcon...10-07-2008 @ 17:23 
Benches more than he deadlifts.
Member 110, 91 posts
SQ 340, BP 275, DL 270
885.0 kgs @ 150kgs Eq
I drive a BMW X5 with blacked out windows so you can't see from behind. On the few occasions that I've actually stopped and got out of the car though, it has caused a few suprises to say the least LOL. Usually though, I just give them the finger and forget about it - it's not worth getting a knife in your guts over...
Martin1956Icon...10-07-2008 @ 17:29 
Old Age Presser
Member 75, 7745 posts
SQ 0, BP 200, DL 200
400.0 kgs @ 105kgs Eq
Neil said:
Notice he doesn't mention the cricket bat... Grin

A Scotsman with a cricket bat?! Never. Bryn couldn't cope with that for starters! Nah, it was shinty stick (shinty being the men's version of hockey).Grin
RickIcon...10-07-2008 @ 17:37 
I am a bench-only guy
Member 3, 10035 posts
SQ 185, BP 175, DL 235
595.0 kgs @ 140kgs UnEq
Administrator
A 4x4 with blacked-out windows is a tool for evil, Rob. At least vans are blocking the view of oncoming conditions for a good reason...
CarlIcon...10-07-2008 @ 17:39 
Loves rugby league ...
Member 13, 14460 posts
SQ 230, BP 180.5, DL 262.5
673.0 kgs @ 128kgs UnEq
Administrator
lol, we cant all drive volvo barns
Martin1956Icon...10-07-2008 @ 17:40 
Old Age Presser
Member 75, 7745 posts
SQ 0, BP 200, DL 200
400.0 kgs @ 105kgs Eq
Carl said:
lol, we cant all drive

One day, kid. One day.Happy
brynevansIcon...10-07-2008 @ 18:27 
Scotbasher - forever
Member 59, 2115 posts
Post Edited: 10.07.2008 @ 18:28 PM by brynevans
I was a passenger in Jims car travelling into manchester one evening when a car flew down the slip road at high speed so we had to swiftly change lanes to avoid a collision, a car approaching from behing us (also travelling too fast) had to avoid our manouvre but started flashing his lights at us and pulled along side us and wound down the window to give us the "finger" when they realised it was shoulder to shoulder in the car with 46stone they sped off before gesticulating. How we laughed!
shawnIcon...10-07-2008 @ 21:57 
aka. the skinny scouser
Member 228, 1443 posts
SQ 140, BP 140, DL 260
540.0 kgs @ 109kgs UnEq
had alot of these stupid run ins.

Last one ended with me running towards a bus as it left the depot, with me punching s**t out of every window i could get too as he was trying to run me over the prick.

All because he called me a prick as i got off the bus. He didn't expect me to get a car and chase him down. Funny though, wished i had the CCTV.
jimblanchflowerIcon...10-07-2008 @ 23:48 
Teabagger for hire
Member 54, 237 posts
A few years back I used to drive a Fiat Panda. At the time I was training with another 20 stone plus guy, a pro strongman called Lee Bowers. I used to pick Lee up on the way to the gym, and we used to have to wind the windows down and each lean slightly, hanging an arm out of the window.

We never got road raged in that, although it would have been easy enough to shout or gesture and then drive off. Pursuit would be out of the question, and the handling was a little sluggish.
MattGriffIcon...11-07-2008 @ 10:08 
Member 194, 3976 posts
I have a claim to fame for this one, I witnessed one of the funniest moments ever on the road.
Just south of Birmingham is a town called Solihull, not a bad place with a reasonable size centre and so on.
I think it was about 1994 at the time and I was the tender age of 14 skiving off school with some mates.

A beat up little metro type car (can’t remember exactly what it was) as putting along, the exhaust was fairly noisy heading down a now padestrianised street.
Coming tearing up the rear of this car a classic ‘Nova’ with lads in their late teens with music blaring out of the window.

They began to flash their lights and sound the horn at the little car in front of them putting along with its noisy exhaust.
There really was no where for this car to go, the street was to narrow and there were people about.
The flashing and horn continued, then the little car infront just stopped, the engine was switched off.
At this the guys in the car behind began swearing and shouting at the guy in the car in front, all manner of gestures being thrown.

So the door opens on the little car, and out steps the man driving it, it seems to take an eternity as he unwinds out of the door.
All 6’6 and 19stone of muscle and bone with a caveman brow, it was bleedin Martin Johnson!!!
He turned to the Nova, and walked up to the car slowly, as Martin said, the guys inside visibly shrunk, the music went quiet and the flashing stopped.
Every single one of the lads stared straight ahead not looking at the gargantuan approaching them.
Johno walked to the driver side window, standing a bent down and stared at the driver, who in turn stared straight ahead not daring to look him in the face.

The big fella turned back to his little car, walked off and drove off. The Nova was sat there for a second, Johnos car disappeared round a bend before the Nova pulled off, no music, no jibes and with a crowd of around 70 people laughing their asses off at them.
ThingIcon...11-07-2008 @ 10:16 
a large fingered spastic that demolishes plant
Member 89, 31706 posts
SQ 260, BP 220, DL 290
770.0 kgs @ 142kgs UnEq
i would o loved to o seen that in person matt. wonder if the lad physically shat them selfs??
ThingIcon...11-07-2008 @ 10:22 
Member 89, 31706 posts
SQ 260, BP 220, DL 290
770.0 kgs @ 142kgs UnEq
only bit of road rage i have ever had is when a taxi driver ran into the rear bumper of my mum's car that i was driving right in front of the police. he got out shouting and swearing at me, i had just past my test and thought it was my fault. but the police man came up and basically told the taxi driver he was going to nick him for dangerous driving, breach of the peace, criminal damage and for have a broken head light, bald tires and no road taxi. the damage to the car i was in was a crack in the bumper so he told the taxi dickhead that he would have to pay for the damage to the bumper since his insurance was void with it having no tax. to say i was trying not to piss myself laughing as the taxi guy face just dropped every time the police man talked i really wish i had a camera with me that day.
Martin1956Icon...11-07-2008 @ 11:08 
Old Age Presser
Member 75, 7745 posts
SQ 0, BP 200, DL 200
400.0 kgs @ 105kgs Eq
Post Edited: 11.07.2008 @ 11:10 AM by Martin1956
Island driving is great. In Stornoway, a 'traffic jam' is a 12 car tailback to get onto the roundabout; in the country it's having to slow down if there's sheep on the road. Downside is the police love hiding in bushes with their radar guns and ticketing pensioners rushing to church doing 32. Upside is bushless straight country roads and not a fixed camera on the whole island.

And Martin Johnson does have a scary head, doesn't he? The shape, the size, and how high up it is.
ThingIcon...11-07-2008 @ 11:38 
Member 89, 31706 posts
SQ 260, BP 220, DL 290
770.0 kgs @ 142kgs UnEq
Martin1956 said:
Island driving is great. In Stornoway, a 'traffic jam' is a 12 car tailback to get onto the roundabout; in the country it's having to slow down if there's sheep on the road. Downside is the police love hiding in bushes with their radar guns and ticketing pensioners rushing to church doing 32. Upside is bushless straight country roads and not a fixed camera on the whole island.

And Martin Johnson does have a scary head, doesn't he? The shape, the size, and how high up it is.

island driving is great nice twisty roads and so nice straight too. your only traffic jam is at half 4 on a friday when the council finishes in the town lasts 5 to 10 minutes

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitRoad Rage
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions