REGISTER
 

Pagan - Starting Strongman Training For Mini Viking U90K

12345678910 ... ... 4546474849505152535455

JoniIcon...11-07-2009 @ 15:28 
Avatar
left the country satisfied
Member 10, 19241 posts
SQ 240, BP 150, DL 270
660.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
well, i am a forest workers son, and used to work in the forrest. And apparently people who work in the forrest are good deadlifters.

But i am still s**t at it Grin

In all seriousness - its great to find some strongman events where you are good straight off the bat. And if it is some bread and butter event like farmers, all the better!
BoarIcon...11-07-2009 @ 16:16 
Avatar
Nothing left in the tank.
Member 5, 25597 posts
Administrator
i knew it !!

a f**king RINGER !!!!
PAGANIcon...15-07-2009 @ 15:31 
Avatar
I took about £4 out of Sooty's bottom
Member 685, 8719 posts
SQ 225, BP 150, DL 290
665.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
For the record , I am not suggesting I am any good at farmers , it's just that it's one of my better events Roll-Eyes

Flat Bench
60kx6
80kx6
100kx6
105kx3
120kx2
130kx2
140kxF - Should have been a PB but my tp has spotting tourets

Incline DB
32kx6
44kx6
55kx4

Oly Bar Push Press -first rep cleaned
60kx3
70kx3
80kx3
90kx3
100kxFF cleaned ( badly) but failed to press twice.

Incline Close Grip Bench
60kx6
80kx6
90kx4 - 80kx2 - 60kx2 Triple drop set


Been night shift last two nights and not slept well on the mornings so I was a bit fried.
BoarIcon...15-07-2009 @ 15:35 
Avatar
Nothing left in the tank.
Member 5, 25597 posts
Administrator
shift work must play havoc with training mate !!

2 months left to train then were both having a big rest and im gonna have a can of cider !!
PAGANIcon...15-07-2009 @ 15:55 
Avatar
I took about £4 out of Sooty's bottom
Member 685, 8719 posts
SQ 225, BP 150, DL 290
665.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
Somedays when I'm nightshift can get up after 4 hrs sleep and have a good session , other days I'm just cant get going. I'm on shutdown for best part of 4 weeks after tonight so I want to get some solid training in combined with some solid sobriety. Most times when I'm off I just drink every f**king night.
little_aIcon...17-07-2009 @ 13:28 
Avatar
still a devious weightlifting bastard
Member 43, 14379 posts
Mmmmmmmmm. Just lookingWink
PAGANIcon...17-07-2009 @ 15:58 
Avatar
I took about £4 out of Sooty's bottom
Member 685, 8719 posts
SQ 225, BP 150, DL 290
665.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
little_a said:
Mmmmmmmmm. Just lookingWink


Erm you could at least have had the decency to put something different to what you put in JamieA's journal ....in which I too was 'just looking'

Grin
little_aIcon...17-07-2009 @ 19:31 
Avatar
still a devious weightlifting bastard
Member 43, 14379 posts
As I said in there mate paying young Mark a tenner ensures you get more traffic on your logGrin

I'll be just looking for the next couple of months or soWink
PAGANIcon...18-07-2009 @ 07:13 
Avatar
I took about £4 out of Sooty's bottom
Member 685, 8719 posts
SQ 225, BP 150, DL 290
665.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
How the f**k am I going to sleep the night before the Olympic Dragons comp if I cant sleep the night before my normal weekend sessions !? I liked the fact that I was excited about training again at first but now it's getting on my tits.I could have stayed in bed till lunchtime but instead I was wide awake at 6am mulling over wether I should do double or triple deads today

Angry
little_aIcon...18-07-2009 @ 08:44 
Avatar
still a devious weightlifting bastard
Member 43, 14379 posts
Make it work for you mate and earn your place on that listWink
JoniIcon...18-07-2009 @ 08:53 
Avatar
left the country satisfied
Member 10, 19241 posts
SQ 240, BP 150, DL 270
660.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
PAGAN said:
How the f**k am I going to sleep the night before the Olympic Dragons comp if I cant sleep the night before my normal weekend sessions !? I liked the fact that I was excited about training again at first but now it's getting on my tits.I could have stayed in bed till lunchtime but instead I was wide awake at 6am mulling over wether I should do double or triple deads today

Angry


aye man, i am the same Grin

But its not really about training, the smallest things keep me awake. I have learned a lot of little techniques and tricks to try to clear my head and calm down before going to bed.

but mate, its a tradition to have a s**t nights sleep on the night before the comp Grin Thats why they invented caffeine.
little_aIcon...18-07-2009 @ 09:02 
Avatar
still a devious weightlifting bastard
Member 43, 14379 posts
Joni said:
I have learned a lot of little techniques and tricks to try to clear my head and calm down before going to bed.


Masturbation???
SparrowIcon...18-07-2009 @ 09:03 
Avatar
always lookIng for the extra UT2 work.
Member 9, 18279 posts
SQ 255, BP 167.5, DL 330
752.5 kgs @ 103kgs Eq
Joni said:
PAGAN said:
How the f**k am I going to sleep the night before the Olympic Dragons comp if I cant sleep the night before my normal weekend sessions !? I liked the fact that I was excited about training again at first but now it's getting on my tits.I could have stayed in bed till lunchtime but instead I was wide awake at 6am mulling over wether I should do double or triple deads today

Angry


aye man, i am the same Grin

But its not really about training, the smallest things keep me awake. I have learned a lot of little techniques and tricks to try to clear my head and calm down before going to bed.

but mate, its a tradition to have a s**t nights sleep on the night before the comp Grin Thats why they invented weed


I'm sure many would agree mate...
little_aIcon...18-07-2009 @ 09:04 
Avatar
still a devious weightlifting bastard
Member 43, 14379 posts
Sparrow said:
I'm sure many would agree mate...


I doGrin
CuddlesIcon...18-07-2009 @ 11:10 
Avatar
Eat.Cycle.Sleep.Win
Member 2, 12511 posts
SQ 190, BP 150, DL 280
620.0 kgs @ 99kgs UnEq
Administrator
Weed was invented for the night before a strongman comp?

Weed was invented for the night before a morning.

12345678910 ... ... 4546474849505152535455

© Sugden Barbell 2026 Privacy - Terms & Conditions