Man Made Global Warming !

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

MarkCleggIconMan Made Global Warming !21-04-2012 @ 20:01 
knock knock !! who's there ?? OLD SCHOOL SUGDEN
Member 212, 11439 posts
SQ 325, BP 212.5, DL 370
907.5 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 21.04.2012 @ 20:07 PM by MarkClegg
This is an interesting subject I've followed for some years .. Interested in hearing your views in wether you beleive that man made global warming is causing climate change or wether you beleive otherwise .,

I've watched two documentaries one on BBC 1 which was by David attenbourgh(sp) showing us were all f**ked and channels 4's "Great Global Climate Swindle" (similar name) conflicting the the first one and these aren't alternative media these are main stream ..

I've seen reports that 100s of scientist want to sue Al Gore over his report into global warming not telling the whole truth of the report .

We live in a country where nobody really cares I feel .. If we've all got to pay emission tax and carbon tax then shouldn't it be proven beyond doubt .. Or does it just not matter ?

I could rant like a mother f**ker for pages but I won't :-)

I would urge everyone to watch both documentarys but of course the BBC won't have released there's anywhere for free viewing but the great global warming swindle is on YouTube ...
brocerslrdIcon...21-04-2012 @ 20:04 
Conan likes to listen to music
Member 1155, 3461 posts
SQ 150, BP 110, DL 210
470.0 kgs @ 88.8kgs UnEq
I believe climate change is a natural thing. Maybe we have accelerated it but it would happen one way or another
bertieIcon...21-04-2012 @ 20:05 
I work as a boner
Member 3115, 490 posts
SQ 240, BP 140, DL 300
680.0 kgs @ 132kgs Eq
I've not seen any of these documentarys. What part of the truth did Al Gore not tell us about?
IainKendrickIcon...21-04-2012 @ 20:08 
some nice relaxing jazz.
Member 77, 12599 posts
SQ 265, BP 165, DL 280
710.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
From talking to friends in related fields that actually know any of this, with a degree of expertise, it dose appear that there is solid evidence of aman made impact to global warming. The extent to which is debatable.

Further than that I couldn't comment and wouldn't presume to think I know much about the topic. Unlike many people whom either scream denial or think the opposite. Many of whom may post below?
mikex101Icon...21-04-2012 @ 20:09 
never too old
Member 637, 760 posts
brocerslrd said:I believe climate change is a natural thing. Maybe we have accelerated it but it would happen one way or another

I pretty much feel the same way.

global warming/climate change is, imo, just another excuse for the powers that be to bend us over.
rossphillipsIcon...21-04-2012 @ 20:09 
Get to a kyro mate.
Member 2268, 4659 posts
SQ 250, BP 190, DL 272.5
712.5 kgs @ 104kgs Eq
It would happen anyway, methane from every living creature causes more damage than we do burning fuels ,so I have heard anyway
MarkCleggIcon...21-04-2012 @ 20:09 
knock knock !! who's there ?? OLD SCHOOL SUGDEN
Member 212, 11439 posts
SQ 325, BP 212.5, DL 370
907.5 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 21.04.2012 @ 20:12 PM by MarkClegg
bertie said:I've not seen any of these documentarys. What part of the truth did Al Gore not tell us about?

In his major report he said that Weather was directly affected by CO2.. The truth on the other hand is that CO2 is directly affected by the weather ..

Slight difference but one brings in slightly less revenue than the other in the Global Warming industry .
shortandmightyIcon...21-04-2012 @ 20:11 
Aiming for a 250 squat by the end of 2012
Member 1989, 3168 posts
SQ 240, BP 140, DL 270
650.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
You've hit a very touchy subject to me. I have seen many documentaries and read several conflicting reports on this subject.
My interpretation is that while there is irrefutable proof that man has impacted the environment in many ways, there is no conclusive proof that we as a race have done anything to influence or change global warming. History teaches us that the world has gone through cycles of warming and cooling over millions of years. In my opinion it's more an opportunity to generate income for governments and large corporations, whilst scaring the mass public. Oh and as for all this 'carbon neutral and carbon offsetting', what a load of s**t!!
bertieIcon...21-04-2012 @ 20:17 
I work as a boner
Member 3115, 490 posts
SQ 240, BP 140, DL 300
680.0 kgs @ 132kgs Eq
MarkClegg said:
In his major report he said that Weather was directly affected by CO2.. The truth on the other hand is that CO2 is directly affected by the weather ..
Slight difference but one brings in slightly less revenue than the other in the Global Warming industry .

So basically what you're saying is this is just another way of taxing us more. This boils my piss, we pay so much tax its a discrace. I wouldn't care so much if it did us any good, but they'd rather send our money overseas to places thats got feck all to do with us. Why not invest it in our country and make us a great nation again.
Luke27Icon...21-04-2012 @ 20:46 
lets get learning !!!
Member 1598, 723 posts
SQ 210, BP 130, DL 200
540.0 kgs @ 83kgs UnEq
Whilst I only studied geology and geography at a level it was clear that the earth has expierence rapid cooling and heating before. Whilst I think humans havnt really made that big an impact, I do believe that the way we treat this planet, especially destruction of rainforests and other animal habitats. So whilst I think the reasoning. Behind taxes are wrong I think that any awarness of the damage we do to our world in many other areas if allways a good thing.
Ross_HarkinsIcon...21-04-2012 @ 20:52 
Cleverer than YOU
Member 1228, 1046 posts
shortandmighty said:You've hit a very touchy subject to me. I have seen many documentaries and read several conflicting reports on this subject.
My interpretation is that while there is irrefutable proof that man has impacted the environment in many ways, there is no conclusive proof that we as a race have done anything to influence or change global warming. History teaches us that the world has gone through cycles of warming and cooling over millions of years. In my opinion it's more an opportunity to generate income for governments and large corporations, whilst scaring the mass public. Oh and as for all this 'carbon neutral and carbon offsetting', what a load of s**t!!

This! Think about it was there not more poisonous gases, smoke and ash when the earth had more volcanoes on every continant before there was sufficient oxygen in the atmosphere before man?!

Would also the quantity of pollutants of comparable gases caused by man on this scale be negligible in comparison to that produced by all of the volcanoes that existed!!

Global warming pull the other one, Al Gore is a liar he left out vital information in his ahem report and misled a lot of people unfortunately a lot of people are sheep and believe everything politicians and the media and government scientists tell them. Why was this ground breaking research not given independently?

Another reason they 'the global elite' want us to believe we are all going to fry is that there is too much money at stake, the government are giving millions in grants to universities to carry out research to justify global warming as well as to justify another way to tax us if it was disproved on the main stream media is there are jobs at risk if the government funding stopped!

There is no global warming the ice caps at the poles have actually increased in height each year! Lots of info including this easy to find if people do their own research and spend a bit of time.

I'll never give the BBC the time of day as it is quite simply the media mouthpiece of the government and there is also evidence that can be found that they admit the government have the power to/have done and continue to censor what they deem as 'news worthy' lol! Channel 4 is a bit better at least!
VanillaGorillaIcon...21-04-2012 @ 21:08 
the UK's leading expert in bio mechanics
Member 1973, 7379 posts
I studied geography at uni, and have a more than passing interest in the environment. I also, obviously, know folk that are more knowledgable than I.

My belief / opinion:

Cyclical climate change is occurring.
Cyclical climate change has occurred since the dawn of the planet.
Cyclical climate change will continue as long as the planet exists.

These three statements are irrefutable fact as far as I am concerned.

As is this statement: Human life (agriculture, manufacturing, transport, pollution etc) is a contributory factor to the current trend of climate change.

Now for the opinion... I think the effect of humans is negligible. In so far as without human life the current trend would not be perceptively slowed on a geological timescale. Furthermore I believe that were the current cyclical climate change pattern on a downslope, current levels of human activity would not be sufficient enough to slow 'global cooling' let alone halt it.

I've reached these opinions through years of study and reading, I'm not going to get drawn into a debate, the internet isn't for that haha, but it is based on various studies. There's enough evidence out there to show this in my opinion.

Needless to say some studies and stats will suggest otherwise, but most of the papers I've read are based on a very short timeframe and are ultimately of little use. (a similar example would be a study on sea level rising which showed sea levels rising by 1.7cm per year, I think, based on a 10 year study. Yet a 40 year research string showed that due to tectonic activity and eustatic change, predominantly glacial weight, the average land mass elevation over the same period averaged exactly the same change...)

I suppose you can prove anything with science Roll-Eyes
shortandmightyIcon...21-04-2012 @ 21:13 
Aiming for a 250 squat by the end of 2012
Member 1989, 3168 posts
SQ 240, BP 140, DL 270
650.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
To add to my previous post, is it even plausible, that in the relatively minute amount of time that humans have been on the planet, possible that we can have caused such a massive change to an entire global climate system.
BillwestIcon...21-04-2012 @ 21:23 
Member 541, 4899 posts
SQ 192.5, BP 120, DL 222.5
535.0 kgs @ 92.8kgs UnEq
shortandmighty said:To add to my previous post, is it even plausible, that in the relatively minute amount of time that humans have been on the planet, possible that we can have caused such a massive change to an entire global climate system.

Errr... Yess!
BillwestIcon...21-04-2012 @ 21:30 
Member 541, 4899 posts
SQ 192.5, BP 120, DL 222.5
535.0 kgs @ 92.8kgs UnEq
VanillaGorilla said:My belief / opinion:

Cyclical climate change is occurring.
Cyclical climate change has occurred since the dawn of the planet.
Cyclical climate change will continue as long as the planet exists.

These three statements are irrefutable fact as far as I am concerned.

As is this statement: Human life (agriculture, manufacturing, transport, pollution etc) is a contributory factor to the current trend of climate change.

Now for the opinion... I think the effect of humans is negligible.

I Agree with most of what you say about cyclical climate change Dave, to me it is the speed that cjange is occurring that is of most concern.

I don't see myself as an extremist or anything (too old and boring for that) but much of science opposing the idea is manmade is funded by organisations such as oil companies that would like to show it is natural.

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions