REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 413 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.

Macca's Log of Power!

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

12345678910 ... ... 471472473474475476477478479480481

RodgerIcon...11-03-2016 @ 13:17 
Avatar
salad dodger *missing*
Member 1805, 10371 posts
SQ 215, BP 121, DL 240
576.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
BigMacca said:
Yeah, my favourite brand.
They do all sorts of different products available in different shops.
I get most of my stuff from the local quality save, but you can get their posher offerings in Sainsburys etc


I have a bit of an addiction with them of late. Sorry I couldn't get the link to work but you obviously know which ones I mean, juts the bog standard scratchings Cool
BigMaccaIcon...11-03-2016 @ 13:21 
Avatar
Member 798, 9531 posts
SQ 260, BP 150, DL 272.5
682.5 kgs @ 82.5kgs UnEq
Rodger said:
I have a bit of an addiction with them of late. Sorry I couldn't get the link to work but you obviously know which ones I mean, juts the bog standard scratchings Cool

These are the ones I get most often.


http://therealporkcracklingcompany.com/shop/cracking-pork-crac...

http://therealporkcracklingcompany.com/shop/golden-pork-crunch...

http://therealporkcracklingcompany.com/shop/pork-crackling-5-f...
BigMaccaIcon...14-03-2016 @ 13:06 
Avatar
Member 798, 9531 posts
SQ 260, BP 150, DL 272.5
682.5 kgs @ 82.5kgs UnEq
Thursday 10th March 2016 - Classic Squats and Component Deads @ Middlewood

Training with Padawan Jon - Running late so we are in a rush

My back is still a bit sore from twinging it on Monday, but I think I'll be able to squat.

Week 10 - Classic Squats and Component Deads

Squats (Beltless up to 225kg)
  • bar x 10
  • 65kg x 10
  • 105kg x 10
  • 145kg x 5
  • 165kg x 5
  • 175kg x 3
  • 195kg x 1
  • 205kg x 1
  • 225kg x 1

  • 262.5kg x 3

      Very easy

Deadlifts
  • 60kg x 10 (DOH)
  • 100kg x 5 (DOH)
  • 140kg x 3 (DOH)
  • 165kg x 1 (Hook Grip)
  • 185kg x 1 (Hook Grip)
  • 205kg x 1 (Hook Grip)

  • 235kg x 2 @ RPE9 (Hook Grip)
  • 220kg x 2 @ RPE7 (Hook Grip)
  • 220kg x 2 @ RPE7 (Hook Grip)

Ballistic Deads
  • 150kg x 3
  • 150kg x 3
  • 150kg x 3

Weighted Chins
  • 7.5kg x 8 (wide grip)
  • 7.5kg x 8 (Medium Grip)
  • 7.5kg x 8 (Narrow Grip)

No so bad.

My back was hurting when breaking the floor on deadlifts which meant that I had to be pretty careful during the initial pull.
235kg was ok, but I decided to drop the weight a little just so I didn't visit Snap City Grin

Squats are still moving well and my knee has not been bothering me at all for the last couple of weeks Cool

Macca

xxx
BigMaccaIcon...14-03-2016 @ 17:08 
Avatar
Member 798, 9531 posts
SQ 260, BP 150, DL 272.5
682.5 kgs @ 82.5kgs UnEq
Saturday 12th March 2016 - Classic Bench / Assistance @ Middlewood

Training solo for a qucik late afternoon session

Week 10 - Classic Bench

Bench Press (touch and go)
  • 20kg x 10
  • 60kg x 10
  • 80kg x 5
  • 100kg x 3
  • 115kg x 2
  • 130kg x 1
  • 145kg x 1

  • 160kg x 3

      Pretty comfortable today with another rep there if needed Cool

Strict Press
  • 87.5kg x 5
  • 87.5kg x 5
  • 87.5kg x 5
Weighted Dips
  • 30kg x 8
  • 30kg x 8
  • 30kg x 8
Fat Man Rows
  • bw x 8
  • bw x 8
  • bw x 8

    I also did some side and rear lateral raises

Took just over an hour.

Pretty happy with the session to be honest, bench is moving very well at the moment!

I've been just on 87.5kg for 5 reps on the strict press for a couple of weeks now - Going to up it to 90kg next week Grin

Macca

xxx
BigMaccaIcon...15-03-2016 @ 11:00 
Avatar
Member 798, 9531 posts
SQ 260, BP 150, DL 272.5
682.5 kgs @ 82.5kgs UnEq
Sunday 13th March 2016 - Component Squats and Classic Deads @ Middlewood

Park run with Mini Mac in the morning, heavy ass session in the afternoon!

Training with Padawan Jon

Week 10 - Component Squats and Classic Deads

Squats
  • 20kg x 10
  • 65kg x 10
  • 105kg x 3
  • 145kg x 3
  • 175kg x 2
  • 195kg x 1
  • 205kg x 1
  • 230kg x 1
  • 250kg x 1

  • 272.5kg x 2 @RPE9 - (PB)
  • 277.5kg x 2 @RPE9 - (PB)
  • 282.5kg x 2 @RPE9 - (PB)

      Errrm, what?

Ballistic Squats
  • 175kg x 3
  • 175kg x 3
  • 175kg x 3
Deadlifts
  • 60kg x 10 (DOH)
  • 100kg x 5 (DOH)
  • 140kg x 3 (DOH)
  • 185kg x 1 (Hook Grip)
  • 205kg x 1 (Hook Grip)
  • 220kg x 1 (Hook Grip)

  • 230kg x 3 (Hook Grip)
Box Jumps
  • bw x 8
  • bw x 8
  • bw x 8
Nordic Ham Curl
  • Bands x 5
  • Bands x 8
  • Bands x 8

    I also did some core work to finish

OK...

Well that just happened.

Squatting went extremely we today and I definitely had another rep in me at 282.5kg...
Not sure what to make of it really, maybe the big 300kg is one?

I'm pretty fatigued at the moment, so I should have a good bit more in me when I'm fresh.....

Macca

xxx
The_Lone_WolfIcon...15-03-2016 @ 11:13 
Avatar
I eat a lot of meat
Member 5124, 2641 posts
SQ 245, BP 130, DL 275
650.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
Firstly Macca, you're a savage! Some big numbers flying around here!

Secondly, I've just eaten a bag of those pork scratchings... Love them, 1 per 75g bag in asda and perfect for low carb days.
BigMaccaIcon...15-03-2016 @ 11:25 
Avatar
Member 798, 9531 posts
SQ 260, BP 150, DL 272.5
682.5 kgs @ 82.5kgs UnEq
The_Lone_Wolf said:Firstly Macca, you're a savage! Some big numbers flying around here!

Secondly, I've just eaten a bag of those pork scratchings... Love them, 1 per 75g bag in asda and perfect for low carb days.

Thank you kindly Sir!

The scratchings are lush, I've just had 50g with my coffee (I say coffee, it's 50% double cream really Grin )
The_Lone_WolfIcon...15-03-2016 @ 11:30 
Avatar
I eat a lot of meat
Member 5124, 2641 posts
SQ 245, BP 130, DL 275
650.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
BigMacca said:
Thank you kindly Sir!
The scratchings are lush, I've just had 50g with my coffee (I say coffee, it's 50% double cream really Grin )


Are you still using a modified carb nite/carb back loading approach these days? I remember reading the thread on here about it ages ago and you was one of the main contributors and fans of the method.

I love double cream in my coffee, 10g of whey in there too just for a small protein burst but not too much to disrupt the cortisol fat burning window by raising insulin too high.
BigMaccaIcon...15-03-2016 @ 11:41 
Avatar
Member 798, 9531 posts
SQ 260, BP 150, DL 272.5
682.5 kgs @ 82.5kgs UnEq
The_Lone_Wolf said:
Are you still using a modified carb nite/carb back loading approach these days? I remember reading the thread on here about it ages ago and you was one of the main contributors and fans of the method.
I love double cream in my coffee, 10g of whey in there too just for a small protein burst but not too much to disrupt the cortisol fat burning window by raising insulin too high.

Yeah, although I eat carbs most evenings

On a non training day I tend to skip breakfast, have coffee / cream / scratchings / salami from around 11:00, a bit pro / fat meal around 14:00 (today is beef stew with sausages and kale) then a normal meal around 20:00 with some sort of pudding followed up by a protein shake. If I'm still hungry before bed it's back to protein and fat.

Training days are the same except that I'll slam carbs a bit harder in the evening and be a little dirtier with my treats (maybe two puddings Happy )

I do 10g of whey with my morning coffee, but I just mix it separately (I'm not ruining a good cup of coffee with whey Grin ).

If I'm feeling a bit chunky, I'll drop to just protein and fat on non training days, but I've not had to do that for about 6 months now (I'm just happy being chunky Grin)

Macca
The_Lone_WolfIcon...15-03-2016 @ 11:48 
Avatar
I eat a lot of meat
Member 5124, 2641 posts
SQ 245, BP 130, DL 275
650.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
Sounds majestic mate.

Do you track intake at all calorie and macro wise?
BigMaccaIcon...15-03-2016 @ 11:50 
Avatar
Member 798, 9531 posts
SQ 260, BP 150, DL 272.5
682.5 kgs @ 82.5kgs UnEq
The_Lone_Wolf said:Sounds majestic mate.

Do you track intake at all calorie and macro wise?


LOAL
The_Lone_WolfIcon...15-03-2016 @ 11:54 
Avatar
I eat a lot of meat
Member 5124, 2641 posts
SQ 245, BP 130, DL 275
650.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
BigMacca said:
LOAL


I'll get me coat lol
JackRevansIcon...15-03-2016 @ 12:24 
Avatar
'There was also a sausage in my mouth.'
Member 2477, 16481 posts
SQ 190, BP 130, DL 235
555.0 kgs @ 83kgs UnEq
So much enjoyment here. Allow me to clarify:

-use of the word "loal"
-training
-diet habbits
-coffee
-general


I particularly find your diet extremely intriguing. I myself am trying to be like you in multiple ways, primarily I am wanting to maintain a similar bodyweight to you using a similar method which was partially inspired by you.

I do like the idea of bit tracking macros and just gullet pounding nothing but coffee/cream/pork scratchings until after training and then pounding the reduced bakery items. HOWEVER, I would feel too guilty not tracking macros since i have spent the last 1 year dieting strictly losing 18kg and becoming aesthetic.

No homo, semi homo
BigMaccaIcon...15-03-2016 @ 14:07 
Avatar
Member 798, 9531 posts
SQ 260, BP 150, DL 272.5
682.5 kgs @ 82.5kgs UnEq
JackRevans said:So much enjoyment here. Allow me to clarify:

-use of the word "loal"
-training
-diet habbits
-coffee
-general


I particularly find your diet extremely intriguing. I myself am trying to be like you in multiple ways, primarily I am wanting to maintain a similar bodyweight to you using a similar method which was partially inspired by you.

I do like the idea of bit tracking macros and just gullet pounding nothing but coffee/cream/pork scratchings until after training and then pounding the reduced bakery items. HOWEVER, I would feel too guilty not tracking macros since i have spent the last 1 year dieting strictly losing 18kg and becoming aesthetic.

No homo, semi homo


The_Lone_Wolf said:
I'll get me coat lol

Just to clarify, I guess I do track / adjust macro's / cals to some extent...

I know my body pretty well and I can feel when it's running like a Porsche and needs more food and when it's running like 1 litre Diesel hatchback and doesn't need quite so much and I adjust my intake accordingly.

Likewise, if I know what I've got a couple of massive sessions coming up I'll probably have shove some extra food down.

If on the other hand I know that I'm going to be inactive for a few days, I tend not to slam the puddings / sweets as much.

It's not completely foolproof of course, but it seems to work ok for me Happy
JackRevansIcon...15-03-2016 @ 15:16 
Avatar
'There was also a sausage in my mouth.'
Member 2477, 16481 posts
SQ 190, BP 130, DL 235
555.0 kgs @ 83kgs UnEq
That's a really good point I hadn't thought of that before. Like I track my macro intake but really I have no idea how many calories I'm using, I need or how much it fluctuates. Maybe a more flexible approach would be better

12345678910 ... ... 471472473474475476477478479480481

© Sugden Barbell 2019 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto