REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 326 guests

Macca's Log of Power!

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

12345678910 ... ... 471472473474475476477478479480481

JamesIcon...19-07-2010 @ 19:23 
Avatar
Worlds Strongest Man u90kg
Member 1137, 2099 posts
SQ 285, BP 170, DL 312.5
767.5 kgs @ 89kgs UnEq
well done macca solid work with the stones!
BoarIcon...19-07-2010 @ 19:29 
Avatar
Nothing left in the tank.
Member 5, 25588 posts
Administrator
frigginhell .... what ever you have on the stones ..lend me a bit .... gonna nail these on thurs .... and when i say NAIL !!!


..i mean hopefully do the 135
shanejerIcon...19-07-2010 @ 19:45 
Member 1307, 14110 posts
SQ 355, BP 240, DL 370
965.0 kgs @ 102kgs UnEq
HUGEEEEEEEEE session and NICE 160!! where is the 40" platform in OSG?? or am i blind
BigMaccaIcon...19-07-2010 @ 20:01 
Avatar
understanding of the sport, little he has.
Member 798, 9946 posts
SQ 260, BP 150, DL 272.5
682.5 kgs @ 82.5kgs UnEq
Cheers Lads,

Shane - the 40" platform is in the dungeon. It's a little box that you can move around (I think it's 40" anyway....)
BigMaccaIcon...19-07-2010 @ 23:22 
Avatar
understanding of the sport, little he has.
Member 798, 9946 posts
SQ 260, BP 150, DL 272.5
682.5 kgs @ 82.5kgs UnEq
Monday 19 June 2010
Boar Inspired Tabata


Cross Trainer - 10 rounds of 20 seconds

Boar, your now on my list for putting this stupid tabata balls in my mind!!!
I used your little timer by the way - good stuff as I had no idea where I was past the 1st round Grin Grin Grin


Abs

Hanging Knee Raises

2 x 20
1 x 10 to either side

Crunches
1 x 20
1 x 15

Ab Roll Outs
1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Hard stuff tonight, tabata is a mother f**ker to be sure!

Macca
shanejerIcon...20-07-2010 @ 08:29 
Member 1307, 14110 posts
SQ 355, BP 240, DL 370
965.0 kgs @ 102kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 20.07.2010 @ 08:32 AM by shanejer
Mental!!

You enjoying this strongman shiz more than powerlifting mate? Or is powerlifting your main goal, i guess they do kinda compliment each other...
BigMaccaIcon...20-07-2010 @ 10:42 
Avatar
understanding of the sport, little he has.
Member 798, 9946 posts
SQ 260, BP 150, DL 272.5
682.5 kgs @ 82.5kgs UnEq
shanejer said:Mental!!

You enjoying this strongman shiz more than powerlifting mate? Or is powerlifting your main goal, i guess they do kinda compliment each other...


Hello Shane mate,

My main focus is the WDFPA world championships in November, so Powerlifting is still my no 1 priority at the moment.

Having said that, I'm absolutely loving strongman Grin Grin Grin

But I've decided that I can't go balls out for both (like I was doing building upto the u90's England's) as I was constantly getting niggles / knackered and not really getting anywhere.

I think I've got the strength to be a force in the u90's scene, but I need lots and lots of events training. So my plan is one solid strongman session a week and try to improve slowly.

By next year I should be a mini strongman beast!!!!!!!!

Grin
shanejerIcon...20-07-2010 @ 10:53 
Member 1307, 14110 posts
SQ 355, BP 240, DL 370
965.0 kgs @ 102kgs UnEq
BigMacca said:
Hello Shane mate,
My main focus is the WDFPA world championships in November, so Powerlifting is still my no 1 priority at the moment.
Having said that, I'm absolutely loving strongman Grin Grin Grin
But I've decided that I can't go balls out for both (like I was doing building upto the u90's England's) as I was constantly getting niggles / knackered and not really getting anywhere.
I think I've got the strength to be a force in the u90's scene, but I need lots and lots of events training. So my plan is one solid strongman session a week and try to improve slowly.
By next year I should be a mini strongman beast!!!!!!!!
Grin


You do have a insane foundation for strongman and you can move with weight and are fit, all the makings of a beast...

I think though that once a week events are best.. Things like yoke can give you little niggles here and there and as long as you keep them up once a week / fortnight you will always be improving at the same rate you improve in your gym lifts!
hixxy1985Icon...20-07-2010 @ 12:33 
Avatar
www.grahamhicks.co.uk
Member 994, 9594 posts
SQ 330, BP 250, DL 405
985.0 kgs @ 135kgs UnEq
some very strong training going on in here mate - keep it up.
BigMaccaIcon...21-07-2010 @ 10:50 
Avatar
understanding of the sport, little he has.
Member 798, 9946 posts
SQ 260, BP 150, DL 272.5
682.5 kgs @ 82.5kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 23.07.2010 @ 11:23 AM by BigMacca
Tuesday 20th July - Push Session


DE Bench - Using Blue Woody Bands
  • 85kg x 3
  • 85kg x 3
  • 85kg x 3
  • 85kg x 3
  • 85kg x 3
  • 85kg x 3
  • 85kg x 3


Strict Press
  • 80kg x 4
  • 80kg x 4
  • 80kg x 3
  • 80kg x 3
  • 80kg x 3


Closegrip Bench
  • 115kg x 4
  • 115kg x 4
  • 115kg x 3
  • 115kg x 3
  • 115kg x 3


I've got a couple of irons in the fire training wise at the moment and I think my workouts are going to get a huge overhaul.
Just stuck a little push session in tonight as it was late (10:30 start) and I was tired.

Macca
BigMaccaIcon...21-07-2010 @ 22:45 
Avatar
understanding of the sport, little he has.
Member 798, 9946 posts
SQ 260, BP 150, DL 272.5
682.5 kgs @ 82.5kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 23.07.2010 @ 11:20 AM by BigMacca
Wednesday 21st July - Squat and Deadlifts

Big news for my training - After finally accepting that I need to train more like a powerlifter I've sorted out training with the best - Big Andy Bolton! Grin Grin Grin

Tonight was my first session at Ralls with the big man and I'm genuinely excited about where this is going to take my lifting. Andy is also a really sound bloke!


Squats
  • 180kg x 5
  • 180kg x 5
  • 180kg x 5

    With reverse bands
  • 200kg x 5
  • 220kg x 5

All snappy

Deadlift

    From blocks
  • 160kg x 5
  • 210kg x 3
  • 210kg x 3
  • 210kg x 10

    From the floor
  • 185kg x 3
  • 185kg x 3


Solid session and I'm feeling good about where things might go from here, there's a great crew down a Ralls and I feel pretty privileged to be training with them!

I need to work on my deadlift speed as any illusions I may have had about being snappy off the floor where completely shattered when I saw Andy go for it! I don't think I can stand up without any weight as fast as he rockets up with a few hundred kg's Eek Eek

Assistance work tomorrow (hark at me - I'm a proper powerlifter now Happy)

Macca
LukeCIcon...21-07-2010 @ 23:14 
Avatar
The one in the guns and roses teeshirt.
Member 171, 2462 posts
SQ 272.5, BP 140, DL 245
657.5 kgs @ 80.2kgs Eq
BigMacca said:

Hard stuff tonight, tabata is a mother f**ker to be sure!

Macca


Tabata looks totally mental. Im pretty sure it would kill me!

Awesome news about you coming to Ralls, ive started training there too. I will see you there sometime soon, depends when I get back to training after the Brits. Happy
JamesIcon...22-07-2010 @ 07:59 
Avatar
Worlds Strongest Man u90kg
Member 1137, 2099 posts
SQ 285, BP 170, DL 312.5
767.5 kgs @ 89kgs UnEq
awesome squats there mate!!
bryceIcon...22-07-2010 @ 11:27 
Avatar
Juice loose aboot this hoose
Member 1401, 3962 posts
SQ 160, BP 107.5, DL 210
477.5 kgs @ 88kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 22.07.2010 @ 11:28 AM by bryce
BigMacca said:Wednesday 22nd July - Squat and Deadlifts

Big news for my training - After finally accepting that I need to train more like a powerlifter I've sorted out training with the best - Big Andy Bolton! Grin Grin Grin

Tonight was my first session at Ralls with the big man and I'm genuinely excited about where this is going to take my lifting. Andy is also a really sound bloke!


Squats
  • 180kg x 5
  • 180kg x 5
  • 180kg x 5

    With reverse bands
  • 200kg x 5
  • 220kg x 5

All snappy

Deadlift

    From blocks
  • 160kg x 5
  • 210kg x 3
  • 210kg x 3
  • 210kg x 10

    From the floor
  • 185kg x 3
  • 185kg x 3


Solid session and I'm feeling good about where things might go from here, there's a great crew down a Ralls and I feel pretty privileged to be training with them!

I need to work on my deadlift speed as any illusions I may have had about being snappy off the floor where completely shattered when I saw Andy go for it! I don't think I can stand up without any weight as fast as he rockets up with a few hundred kg's Eek Eek

Assistance work tomorrow (hark at me - I'm a proper powerlifter now Happy)

Macca


Well done on going to Ralls mate. Its brill there (robbo also goes there). Where u live? Im in Wakefield and will be going to Ralls this evening. Look for the guy with the knees covered in scars.Grin
BigMaccaIcon...22-07-2010 @ 11:44 
Avatar
understanding of the sport, little he has.
Member 798, 9946 posts
SQ 260, BP 150, DL 272.5
682.5 kgs @ 82.5kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 22.07.2010 @ 11:44 AM by BigMacca
bryce said:
Well done on going to Ralls mate. Its brill there (robbo also goes there). Where u live? Im in Wakefield and will be going to Ralls this evening. Look for the guy with the knees covered in scars.Grin


Hello Mate,

I'm training with the big man on Monday's and Wednesday's - I'll also be in on the odd Saturday morning for Grip and Core work.

Macca

12345678910 ... ... 471472473474475476477478479480481

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions