REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 150 guests

Britain's Strongestman under 105 final

Users viewing topic: & 2 Guests

Competition database entry found for this thread: Britains Strongest Man Under 105Kg 2013 (21-07-2013)

12345678910 ... ... 1617181920212223242526

MarkIcon...03-07-2013 @ 23:41 
Member.
Member 2171, 1612 posts
Oh and Karl looked comfy because none of the static stuff was really testing him, might be different if he was hitting 90% and above of a new max Tongue
force10Icon...04-07-2013 @ 00:03 
Drugs cheat
Member 3860, 630 posts
SQ 335, BP 210, DL 330
875.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
Mark said:Great, go enjoy oly lifting and powerlifting. Strongman isn't just about perfect form and strength, it's about grit and sheer determination to complete a lift or an event. Seeing someone fight a battle, whether they get it or not, is just as pleasurable to watch. Knowing that no ounce of energy was left in the tank. Pure effort at its max.

It's not meant to be easy, no hitch would mean people doing less than their best (in many cases). I want to see people try their best.

Looks like iv rattled you slightly mate. hasnt anyone told you with good form your lift more if you trian it correctly.
the biggest deadlifts in the world were done with no hitching. mind you them guys weren't fighting a battle with the weight they were just going at 90% !!!
MarkIcon...04-07-2013 @ 00:08 
Member.
Member 2171, 1612 posts
Post Edited: 04.07.2013 @ 00:11 AM by Mark
Yep, all the strongman 400+ pulls are powerlifting perfect form. I agree with you...

You are talking about people who pull that way, to comp standard, so that it is drilled over and over again, over years and years of training.
That isn't the case in strongman and last I knew this was a strongman comp, not a powerlifting comp Happy
force10Icon...04-07-2013 @ 00:20 
Drugs cheat
Member 3860, 630 posts
SQ 335, BP 210, DL 330
875.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
Mark said:Yep, all the strongman 400+ pulls are powerlifting perfect form. I agree with you...

You are talking about people who pull that way, to comp standard, so that it is drilled over and over again, over years and years of training.
That isn't the case in strongman and last I knew this was a strongman comp, not a powerlifting comp Happy

Yep your right mate it is a strongman comp, and the promoter is implementing rules to stop hitching for safety of the athletes and in alot of people eyes it will also make the sport look more attractive like the athletes train the events correctly and lift properly instead of trying to lift more than they are caperble of doing, injuring themselves and looking a t**t shaking and jurking like a s**tting dog having a seizure and failing, then going home munching on 17 tramadol to take the pain away because they have put parts of thier back bone on the back of the moon !!!!
MarkIcon...04-07-2013 @ 00:23 
Member.
Member 2171, 1612 posts
Post Edited: 04.07.2013 @ 00:25 AM by Mark
Yep, all those comps with broken backs from hitching. See it all the time.
All those other events where you can injure yourself more, cause more damage, yet form on deadlift is in question lol.
force10Icon...04-07-2013 @ 00:34 
Drugs cheat
Member 3860, 630 posts
SQ 335, BP 210, DL 330
875.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
Mark said:Yep, all those comps with broken backs from hitching. See it all the time.
All those other events where you can injure yourself more, cause more damage, yet form on deadlift is in question lol.

Thing is I can only imagine you are moaning about the rule same with others because you cant deadlift without hitching. Its the same when people moan about strongmen doing splits on overhead events, or moaning about having togo deep on squats, its basicly the moaners cant do it and moan because they get beaten by a better athlete who trains in a better way.
Iv basicly had it with moany so called strongmen to be honest, go back to the gym and learn to lift properly please.
MarkIcon...04-07-2013 @ 00:41 
Member.
Member 2171, 1612 posts
Post Edited: 04.07.2013 @ 01:03 AM by Mark
I actually don't hitch, it feels horrible so your assumption makes an ass out of someone there.
You seem pretty aggrevated about this for some reason.

Strongman is generally blessed, and has been for years, with minimal technical rules. Nobody wants muddy water and ambiguity in these comps.
Nobody wants 3 judges and some lights judging the technicalities of each lift, or 2 judges that see things differently (we see enough of this already at some comps).

Lift an object from a to b, simple rule, why make it harder as it certainly won't make things more interesting.
Just look at naturals clean and press, that got the same objection on the no continental cleans side of it.
Ben_SomethingIcon...04-07-2013 @ 00:59 
The legendary Discus Ben
Member 1550, 476 posts
Post Edited: 04.07.2013 @ 00:59 AM by Ben_Something
force10 said:
Thing is I can only imagine you are moaning about the rule same with others because you cant deadlift without hitching. Its the same when people moan about strongmen doing splits on overhead events, or moaning about having togo deep on squats, its basicly the moaners cant do it and moan because they get beaten by a better athlete who trains in a better way.
Iv basicly had it with moany so called strongmen to be honest, go back to the gym and learn to lift properly please.

So what if he (or any other strongman) can't deadlift without hitching? As a strongman he's never needed to. Just because you deem a proper deadlift to be one which meets the standards required in powerlifting doesn't mean everyone else has to share the same opinion.

A hitch adds about 10KG to my max deadlift, I've never worried about my top lifts being hitched because every comp I've ever done (or heard about) until now has allowed it.

Why should I (or anyone else) just accept a sudden rule change that could potential impact on my performance and overall placing in a British final? People are perfectly entitled to question it, it's not moaning, the organisers invited others to express their opinions.

It would appear the vast majority (including competitors) would prefer a standard 'strongman' deadlift.
force10Icon...04-07-2013 @ 01:09 
Drugs cheat
Member 3860, 630 posts
SQ 335, BP 210, DL 330
875.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
Mark said:I actually don't hitch, it feels horrible so your assumption makes an ass out of someone there.
You seem pretty aggregated, maybe lessen the dose your taking.

Strongman is generally blessed, and has been for years, with minimal technical rules. Nobody wants muddy water and ambiguity in these comps.
Nobody wants 3 judges and some lights judging the technicalities of each lift, or 2 judges that see things differently (we see enough of this already at some comps).

Lift an object from a to b, simple rule, why make it harder as it certainly won't make things more interesting.
Just look at naturals clean and press, that got the same objection on the no continental cleans side of it.

Ok you dont hitch it feels horible, so you can hitch/ do hitch but dont want to admit to yourself you do it, ok, ok, why dont you prove you dont hitch post me a video up of your max deadlift.
Lifting an object from A to B doing it properly with no hiching and good form realy is the easy way not the hard way as you think. Iv tried hitching and f**k me it made it alot harder, you see the weight doesnt move the shortest route from A to B. It doesnt move smoothly. You dont keep the weight moving when hitching so on a simple rule of physics on movement hitching deffinately is harder.
MarkIcon...04-07-2013 @ 01:54 
Member.
Member 2171, 1612 posts
Post Edited: 04.07.2013 @ 01:56 AM by Mark
Stop being an ass. I do not hitch and cannot hitch. Why that matters means nothing and no, there is no need for a vid to prove it.
Do you not understand that many people, specifically people in strongman, can hitch more than they pull cleanly? You can't hitch so you pull less. Others train like that and pull more. What makes your way more valid in strongman?
unit94Icon...04-07-2013 @ 01:59 
what is everyone's fran time?
Member 3986, 10449 posts
SQ 340, BP 200, DL 400
940.0 kgs @ 129kgs Eq
force10 said:
Ok you dont hitch it feels horible, so you can hitch/ do hitch but dont want to admit to yourself you do it, ok, ok, why dont you prove you dont hitch post me a video up of your max deadlift.
Lifting an object from A to B doing it properly with no hiching and good form realy is the easy way not the hard way as you think. Iv tried hitching and f**k me it made it alot harder, you see the weight doesnt move the shortest route from A to B. It doesnt move smoothly. You dont keep the weight moving when hitching so on a simple rule of physics on movement hitching deffinately is harder.

Mate if hitching didn't help people wouldn't do it, so many pl pulls fail close to lockout and a little hitch would give them a good few kg's instantly.
joewillsIcon...04-07-2013 @ 07:11 
Has a sub 250 deadlift
Member 2761, 89 posts
SQ 225, BP 130, DL 280
635.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
force10 said:

I forgot that this guy was all about following rules. Isn't that how we got his tagline?
chaosIcon...04-07-2013 @ 07:26 
An amazing human being
Member 2047, 17156 posts
SQ 262.5, BP 170, DL 300
732.5 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 04.07.2013 @ 07:28 AM by chaos
Mark said:Great, go enjoy oly lifting and powerlifting. Strongman isn't just about perfect form and strength, it's about grit and sheer determination to complete a lift or an event. Seeing someone fight a battle, whether they get it or not, is just as pleasurable to watch. Knowing that no ounce of energy was left in the tank. Pure effort at its max.

It's not meant to be easy, no hitch would mean people doing less than their best (in many cases). I want to see people try their best.

Exactly! WHilst in us competitors eyes strongman is a sport BUT for the spectators and where it originated from strongman is a show! Its about putting on a performance to please the crowds! Powerlifting isn't! You want ot see somoen put a 150% into a lift, if its a clean pull then to be honest it looks to easy for them! The vast majority of spectators don't have a full understnading of what the weights are so can't judge the effort required in shifting it!

Again I reiterate the point at the top of our game hitching is allowed! (hitching was also allowed in majoirty of qualifiers and was certainly allowed last year and year before finals!).

Just to be clear we are STRONGMEN not powerlifters!
shortandmightyIcon...04-07-2013 @ 07:41 
Aiming for a 250 squat by the end of 2012
Member 1989, 3168 posts
SQ 240, BP 140, DL 270
650.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
Perhaps for the sake of any more arguments it might be worth the promoters putting up a sample video.of whatis accepted and what isn't and then at least competitors have a clearer idea.
MarkIcon...04-07-2013 @ 08:09 
Member.
Member 2171, 1612 posts
shortandmighty said:Perhaps for the sake of any more arguments it might be worth the promoters putting up a sample video.of whatis accepted and what isn't and then at least competitors have a clearer idea.

To be fair Martin says Kevin nee's latest pull is good even with his hitch.
I've no doubt Martin will be fair and consistent in his judging, it's just hard when you add more technicalities to a lift.

12345678910 ... ... 1617181920212223242526

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions