Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsBig v's log

Big v's log

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

East Midlands strongest man u80

I had to cut a little weight for this comp and it kind of threw me off I felt very lethargic and kind of spaced out I wasn't going to compete at all this year and focus on getting fit and strong again although I feel good I'm still around 65-70% so not great I was very aware I had injurys going into this company and was very cautious with my performance

Overall the u80' s had about 16 guys turn out with some guys taking a lighter option which was good for the guys who didn't fancy the heavier weights

Event 1 max axle deadlift off mats no straps

240 good lift
260 good lift

Won this event with my second lift had a token crack at 280 for s**ts n giggles but never committed to the lift ,anywhoo had a little tweak in my left erector foam roller

1st place

Second event log for reps

I was last up and saw I needed 7 to tie and 8 to win did 8 easy one motions with time to spare

1st

Arm over arm into prowler push 20m each

I knew this was a s**t event for me anyway so I just tried to limit the damage as it happened my f**king shoe fell off and cost me the event win

3rd

I was really in pain with my back cramping at this point and light headed ness

Event 4 keg carry and lift

This was basically carry a keg 15m and then press it carry it back and press it as many times as possible harder than it sounds to be fair the leader was 6 which basically with the setup was the max realistically I cud get but if we drew the points would have gone to him cos he was lighter the lighter man got priority on ties so I did 4 easy ones and took 2nd it was pointless doing 2 more for 0 points

2nd

Event 5 yoke into tyre flip

Yoke 20m 230kg into 5 flips of a 300 kg tyre picking the yoke up caused a huge cramp in my back got to the tyre and one flip in my shoe popped off again f**k OFF shoe 2 more flips and same again ffs I completed the last flip about 0.5 seconds out of time and had to settle for a tie with 3rd which with the bw calculations relegated me to 5th

5th

Event 6 120kg farmers 20m

Fine on the pickup back cramped about 3m from the line which saw me loose time but still solid at 10.01

2nd

Overall I'm happy I was by far strong enough but s**t foot ware by me and the bw rule saw me drop too many points to make up on the last event but I'm happy to be injury free and second isn't so bad considering so onwards was a fun friendly comp super strict reffing lot the fire abit now I won't do any major comps this year but maybe Afew smaller ones like today's Happy

2nd overall
Vids tomorrow
Well done mate, really good to see you back at it!

Comp seems good too. Farmers seem heavy to rest of the comp, same weight as in Arnold's Cool

Hope you can get back to full fitness mate and really smash up the u80 scene.

What was the weight on the log if you don't mind me asking?
Flash said:Well done mate, really good to see you back at it!

Comp seems good too. Farmers seem heavy to rest of the comp, same weight as in Arnold's Cool

Hope you can get back to full fitness mate and really smash up the u80 scene.

What was the weight on the log if you don't mind me asking?

Cheers mate yeah I thought the farmers were a step above the rest of the comp aswell

Tbh I'm not sure on the log weight tbh I didn't ask before hand but I the guy was saying it was 80 but I have the same log at home and unless I miscounted it was loaded to 90 we did have some no reps so I'm edging towards 90 but I could be wrong I must say it felt heavier but that could be because I was feeling crap anyway

Thanks for stopping by dude GOOD LUCK !!!!!! For England
fctilidie
Well done goats. Your axle without straps is crazy strong. I always struggled to get over 200 without straps.
nice mate!!! well done. onwardsCool
Just doing my compound movements this week to help recover a little from Sunday

Deadlift

60 x 5
90 x 3
120 x 1
160 x 1
180 x 6
180 x 3 x 3

Quite hard but my lower back is fatigued glad to get some reps in tho on 180 still moving forwards with the weights Happy happy going to change up my movements to help bring along my strongman and fitness iv noticed at my current state the fitness isn't matching or anywhere near my strength level which isn't good enough so here's my plan

Day 1

Sets -reps

Squat 5 x 3 or 2 x 6 + 1 x 3
Power cleans 5 x 3
Strict press 5 x 3
Bent over rows 3 x 10
Chin ups 3 x failure

Day 2

Deadlift 5 x 3
Push press 5 x 3
Sled sprints 5 x 20m
Abs

Day 3

Front squat 5 x 5
Cgbp 5 x 3
Log 3 x 3
Curlz 3 x 10
Triceps 3 x 10

Day 4

Yoke 3 x 20m
Medleys 3 run thrus
Farmers 3 x 20m
Endurance event max reps for time or carry

Any thoughts would be appriciated I think it's pretty sound I between do mobility work and recovery purchase a foam roller !!!
looks like a decent plan.

personally id do 5x5 on strict press as ur doing 3's on push press n log. thats just my preference tho.
DomRedshaw said:looks like a decent plan.

personally id do 5x5 on strict press as ur doing 3's on push press n log. thats just my preference tho.

I did wonder on that myself big dom I thought about doing 5x3 on log or il probably shuffle em about Happy

Today just bench cg

Bar x 10
40 x 5
50 x 5
60 x 3
70 x 3
80 x 3
90 x 3
100 x 5
110 x 1

Not bad used Sanger for some sets 90 and above I love that thing it's going to sound daft but I really want to up my overhead power because I do t think it's good enough which is abit funny seen as in my last 3 comps iv won the overhead events lol which were a max a medley and reps so it can't be that bad lol
deleted2_20210523
deleted
vausie said:

good job! Also, dat song loal
DAT STRAPLESS AXLE!Eek

I remember Shane mentioning to mea few years ago it was best to do 5x5 strict and triples on log too.
I cant really find a place to currently add that though into what im doing.

Well done again on the comp big VCool
That's it then 5x5 on strict and 3's on log boom I knew I'd get some helpful feedback Happy

I don't see grip as a limiting factor on anything especially axle mate I honestly think if I was in better shape and strong enough I cud go over 280 without straps easy
Let me expand on the grip thing I use a thumbless grip so I'm not relying on my actual grip strength more the maintaining of hand and finger position I can get more surface area onto the axle to stop it turning and slipping I just use my hands as hooks
Great video! Happy

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsBig v's log
Return to top View Desktop Site