REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 198 guests

AMH's training log. Goal, 800+ Raw @100kg.

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

12345678910 ... ... 2324252627282930313233

kyleIcon...15-04-2014 @ 09:13 
Member 5278, 94 posts
SQ 170, BP 132.5, DL 220
522.5 kgs @ 84kgs UnEq
Freakin' awesome. As I looked at all your vids. I was a mix of bitter, jealous and completely blown away. Awesome strength. You show very well and I still haven't found any flaws. I'd give my left n*t to look like that. Look forward to more vids and hopefully some progress pics. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.
AMH_PowerIcon...15-04-2014 @ 09:15 
we ride at dawn
Member 4363, 1442 posts
SQ 310, BP 250, DL 320
880.0 kgs @ 104kgs UnEq
tz1127 said:Being in the army, do you have to do s**t loads of conditioning as well?


Well, we have annual fitness tests which we must achieve...
1) 8 mile in two hours carrying a rifle and 15kg bergan (or 25kg depending on role)
2) 1.5 mile / 2.4 km run in 10:30, although it's frowned upon to scrape a pass, so you need to be 09:30 to 10:00 ideally.

As a senior (and ex PT Instructor) I'm left to my own training, so I'll usually just sit on a rower or something, maybe do the odd 100m sprint session to keep base fitness up. I don't believe in long distance running, it's bad for male hormones, bad for your knees/hips and should be left to women and calorie deficient types!

So my base fitness work can be done in work hours 1-3x a week, and then I do my own training on evenings and weekends.
AMH_PowerIcon...15-04-2014 @ 09:20 
we ride at dawn
Member 4363, 1442 posts
SQ 310, BP 250, DL 320
880.0 kgs @ 104kgs UnEq
kyle said:Freakin' awesome. As I looked at all your vids. I was a mix of bitter, jealous and completely blown away. Awesome strength. You show very well and I still haven't found any flaws. I'd give my left n*t to look like that. Look forward to more vids and hopefully some progress pics. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.


Erm if this a genuine post and not a sugden rape, I'm presuming you mean 'lift like that' and not 'look like that'...

Don't think anyone would want to look like me mate, I'm a touch porky, not too tall, and would give a pitbull a run for it's money in a staring contest!

But thanks anyway haha....
brownbearIcon...15-04-2014 @ 09:23 
Avatar
Morrisons - rump - 7
Member 2206, 11578 posts
SQ 228, BP 150, DL 260
638.0 kgs @ 98kgs UnEq
v strong, will follow
EllD90Icon...15-04-2014 @ 09:58 
Avatar
Member 4522, 1898 posts
SQ 222.5, BP 152.5, DL 245
620.0 kgs @ 120kgs UnEq
4 rep warm up to working sets lol, I like it!
HeavySingleIcon...15-04-2014 @ 12:30 
Member 5226, 180 posts
SQ 310, BP 205, DL 345
860.0 kgs @ 167kgs UnEq
Haven't been on this forum overly long but the time I've spent here you have had some of the most interesting things to say regarding training and programming. Will be following closely and maybe dropping a few questions a long the way.

Good luck with the goals mate
AMH_PowerIcon...15-04-2014 @ 12:49 
we ride at dawn
Member 4363, 1442 posts
SQ 310, BP 250, DL 320
880.0 kgs @ 104kgs UnEq
HeavySingle said:Haven't been on this forum overly long but the time I've spent here you have had some of the most interesting things to say regarding training and programming. Will be following closely and maybe dropping a few questions a long the way.

Good luck with the goals mate


Thank you mate, really appreciate the kind words.
SimeonIcon...15-04-2014 @ 16:39 
Avatar
tight in the hole
Member 2057, 3121 posts
SQ 205, BP 140, DL 260
605.0 kgs @ 95kgs UnEq
AMH_Power said:
kyle said:Freakin' awesome. As I looked at all your vids. I was a mix of bitter, jealous and completely blown away. Awesome strength. You show very well and I still haven't found any flaws. I'd give my left n*t to look like that. Look forward to more vids and hopefully some progress pics. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.


Erm if this a genuine post and not a sugden rape, I'm presuming you mean 'lift like that' and not 'look like that'...

Don't think anyone would want to look like me mate, I'm a touch porky, not too tall, and would give a pitbull a run for it's money in a staring contest!

But thanks anyway haha....


Just a troll...
AMH_PowerIcon...16-04-2014 @ 11:13 
we ride at dawn
Member 4363, 1442 posts
SQ 310, BP 250, DL 320
880.0 kgs @ 104kgs UnEq
This mornings session:

Deadlift, no straps etc.

2 x 70kg
1 x 110kg
1 x 150kg

5 x 200kg
5 x 200kg
5 x 200kg
5 x 200kg
5 x 200kg

Struggled to differentiate between flu ache and gay ache. Training partner said my last set and rep was just as fast or faster than rest, so I'm putting the aches down to back end of this bug.

Cheers
93hopkinsonrIcon...16-04-2014 @ 16:00 
Avatar
Mr.Potato deadlift
Member 2675, 4628 posts
SQ 300, BP 200, DL 300
800.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
AMH_Power said:This mornings session:

Deadlift, no straps etc.

2 x 70kg
1 x 110kg
1 x 150kg

5 x 200kg
5 x 200kg
5 x 200kg
5 x 200kg
5 x 200kg

Struggled to differentiate between flu ache and gay ache. Training partner said my last set and rep was just as fast or faster than rest, so I'm putting the aches down to back end of this bug.

Cheers


Looking forward to seeing where this build up takes you
OxmanIcon...16-04-2014 @ 16:21 
Avatar
Likes tight rubber
Member 2981, 11067 posts
SQ 242.5, BP 192.5, DL 330
765.0 kgs @ 92.9kgs UnEq
Great stuff mate, especially considering illness.
AMH_PowerIcon...16-04-2014 @ 18:45 
we ride at dawn
Member 4363, 1442 posts
SQ 310, BP 250, DL 320
880.0 kgs @ 104kgs UnEq
Oxman said:Great stuff mate, especially considering illness.


Cheers mate, hopefully will be cleared by weekend
n3ver3nderIcon...16-04-2014 @ 20:08 
Avatar
next comp I want to enter the platform via zipwire
Member 4872, 992 posts
SQ 237.5, BP 142.5, DL 265
645.0 kgs @ 99kgs UnEq
AMH_Power said:
Struggled to differentiate between flu ache and gay ache.


More lube should sort that.

I liked the look of your programming from the training style thread, this is what I've morphed it into
http://i.imgur.com/70GbXmb.png
AMH_PowerIcon...16-04-2014 @ 23:03 
we ride at dawn
Member 4363, 1442 posts
SQ 310, BP 250, DL 320
880.0 kgs @ 104kgs UnEq
n3ver3nder said:
More lube should sort that.
I liked the look of your programming from the training style thread, this is what I've morphed it into
http://i.imgur.com/70GbXmb.png


Why? You are trying to increase two mutually exclusive attribute in the same taper, 8's and 10's...

If it's to do something that makes you feel good then by all means go for it, if it's to improve your main lifts then you'll struggle to while you are in and out of depleted ATP. You should slowly deplete it while negating the need to use it, hence the 4 week taper, smashing it every other session defeats the whole point of the routine.

Keep it simple, I don't understand the need to introduce complexity.
n3ver3nderIcon...17-04-2014 @ 06:20 
Avatar
next comp I want to enter the platform via zipwire
Member 4872, 992 posts
SQ 237.5, BP 142.5, DL 265
645.0 kgs @ 99kgs UnEq
The front squats, for example, are so far behind my back squat that it serves more as technique reinforcement than anything else. The extra back work is to address push/press balance and my mongy shoulders.
I've always trained squat/press/pull in every session, its not a new stimulus I'll need to adapt to.

12345678910 ... ... 2324252627282930313233

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions