REGISTER
 

stop being a whiney bitch

12345678910 ... ... 4445464748495051525354

nicoIcon...14-11-2007 @ 15:22 
Avatar
just smoked Ed and Neil - EAT MY GOAL
Member 120, 1583 posts
just read through it-maybe something similar.
NeilIcon...14-11-2007 @ 19:14 
Avatar
For Kettle, For Country!
Member 81, 1706 posts
SQ 182.5, BP 120, DL 227.5
530.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
nico said:
On another notr altogether, I've found a powerlifting club about an hour away. The guy said that there are three novive competitions each year; one has gone, one is next wekend so no good, but the third is in June. I will join up after christmas and train there every couple of weeks or so and aim for the comp in June as my first.

Great stuff. Where abouts? An hour closer to me or further away? Of course I won't be able to join the club cos that's still too far, but I would most likely be up for coming along and shouting you on on the day and taking videos etc. on your first comp in June!
nicoIcon...17-11-2007 @ 20:22 
Avatar
just smoked Ed and Neil - EAT MY GOAL
Member 120, 1583 posts
sorry for the slow reply Neil. I've been busy decorating. It is in villefranche sur saone, next to Lyon. Have a look on mappy. It is still a big trip for you, but if I manage to join up and do this comp, all support/filming will be appreciated.
NeilIcon...18-11-2007 @ 18:28 
Avatar
For Kettle, For Country!
Member 81, 1706 posts
SQ 182.5, BP 120, DL 227.5
530.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
Just taken a look and yes it's nearly Switzerland! lol Looks like about 5 hours drive all told. But yes I'll do my damndest to come over if you are competing. I'll know nearer the time.
nicoIcon...23-11-2007 @ 20:31 
Avatar
just smoked Ed and Neil - EAT MY GOAL
Member 120, 1583 posts
just a quick health update. i'm having regular physio at the minute and things are slowly easing up. I'll be starting a couple of light sessions in a week or so. The aim is then to hit bench quite hard for a month to get a max for the sugden christlas extravanganza, and work back into squatting pulling at the sam time. Then after christmas go hard on all three for a couple of months, test maxes, rinse and repeat for as long as necessary.
nicoIcon...13-12-2007 @ 19:25 
Avatar
just smoked Ed and Neil - EAT MY GOAL
Member 120, 1583 posts
I'M BACK! Moved house on Saturday and just got internet back. Health wise, the neck (which is the cause of all other problems) is still f**ked but the physio is working on it and progress is slow.

On the good news, the gym is set up in the garage so training will be some much easier now. I can train pretty much whenever I'm at home even if I'm looking after the kids.

I did my first session for a month on Wednesday and it went like this:

bench: 30kg 15
30kg 15
50kg 8
60kg 5
70kg 3
80kg 3
84kg 2
88kg 1
92kg 1
96kg 1
100kg 1 (a bit ugly but is was a paused one and the first for a good month and longer really since I've been training properly).

d/B bench 22kg
15
15
15

lying tri extensions 20kg
8
8
8

just simple to get back training. I'll still be videoing next Saturday and 'll try for just a 110kg touch and go.
NeilIcon...13-12-2007 @ 21:08 
Avatar
For Kettle, For Country!
Member 81, 1706 posts
SQ 182.5, BP 120, DL 227.5
530.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
Good to see you back Nico!
mishimaIcon...14-12-2007 @ 07:11 
Avatar
pink french superstar beard
Member 26, 4030 posts
SQ 190, BP 0, DL 205
395.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
nice one mate
nicoIcon...15-12-2007 @ 15:53 
Avatar
just smoked Ed and Neil - EAT MY GOAL
Member 120, 1583 posts
cheers fellas.

Today was as follows:
squat
20kg/10
30/8
40/5
50/5
60/5
70/5
80/5,5,5
50/10

Glute ham raises -several appalling attempts at half repsGrin

This was, as is obvious from the weights used, a gentle reintroduction to squatting. I think the GH raises show just how weak my hammies are.

The programme now is as follows.

I'll be splitting things up 4 ways as follows:

Saturday: squat, GHR
Sunday; heavy bench or similar, triceps, shoulders and some sort of row

Tuesday: deads and assistance
Wednesday: light bench, tris and flyes (for the beach!)

If I can't do 3 days for some reason I'll just push everything back a day.

As you can see, I'll be doing bench 2 days a week and deads/squats only once. for me and my recovery this works well i think.
I'll be following Marcs advice on deads and squats and just keeping it simple trying to get stronger on 3s and 5s. On bench I'll be mixing it up more because I prefer it this way and it suits me better.

nothing is set in stone, but this should work all right. I need at some point to reintoduce a bit of cardio. at the minute all I'm getting is a 25 minute walk into work everyday.

Any comment and criticisms welcome.

I might put it up in training to get a bit more feed back.
nicoIcon...16-12-2007 @ 19:00 
Avatar
just smoked Ed and Neil - EAT MY GOAL
Member 120, 1583 posts
today:
bench 10kg/lots
30kg/10
40kg/8
50kg/6
60kg/4
70kg/3
80kg/3
88kg/3
94kg/2
100kg/1
105kg/1 no pause but nice and comfortable. At 90% single after the last couple of months is perfectly acceptable to me.

d/b extensions 10kg
10
10
10

Shoulder superset (10 reps rear/front/side)
10
10
10

tube row (red tube)
30

not too bad really. Back on Tuesday with some gentle deads/back
nicoIcon...22-12-2007 @ 20:46 
Avatar
just smoked Ed and Neil - EAT MY GOAL
Member 120, 1583 posts
tonight's videoed bench session was:
10kg/30
20kg/15
30kg/10
40kg/5
50kg/3
60kg/3
70kg/2
80kg/1
90kg/1
100kg/1
110kg/1

Happy to have done this regardless of the weight.
RobIcon...22-12-2007 @ 21:06 
Avatar
Does f*ck all for SugdenBarbell.co.uk
Member 1, 7174 posts
SQ 182.5, BP 110, DL 205
497.5 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
Administrator
Nice one mate, very good considering all the enforced deloading lately Grin
nicoIcon...22-12-2007 @ 21:15 
Avatar
just smoked Ed and Neil - EAT MY GOAL
Member 120, 1583 posts
Rob said:
Nice one mate, very good considering all the enforced deloading lately Grin


cheers mate, i really have been deloading so much I might have to give little_a something to shout about and take a deload from the deload

Grin

Sriously though, I am just looking forward to a few consistent months of training and nailing 500 before the summer.
nicoIcon...23-12-2007 @ 20:13 
Avatar
just smoked Ed and Neil - EAT MY GOAL
Member 120, 1583 posts
today was squats

30kg/10
20/10
30/5
40/5
50/5
60/5
70/5
80/5
84/5 5 5
50/20

nothing complicated (or heavyGrin )
NeilIcon...24-12-2007 @ 09:25 
Avatar
For Kettle, For Country!
Member 81, 1706 posts
SQ 182.5, BP 120, DL 227.5
530.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
So this is it, you're now set up again and back at it? Anymore news on that comp you were looking to do in June/July? Which federation would it be under? It was good to see your vids and hear the French voice in the background. And also yours! "C'est bon... one hundred and ten." Nothing beats a bit of Franglais!

12345678910 ... ... 4445464748495051525354

© Sugden Barbell 2026 Privacy - Terms & Conditions