REGISTER
 

stop being a whiney bitch

12345678910 ... ... 4445464748495051525354

nicoIcon...01-11-2009 @ 18:19 
Avatar
just smoked Ed and Neil - EAT MY GOAL
Member 120, 1583 posts
I took on the 100 kilo fronties challenge today and it was ok, but I don't think it is going to be enough.

Fronties
10/5
30/2
50/1
70/1
80/1
90/1
100/7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C88uEj9dhWM

squats
90/3
105/3
120/3
135/6
EDCLARKEIcon...01-11-2009 @ 18:41 
Avatar
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 11010 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
cant watch the vid because youtube is down but 7 reps is a solid effort mate.I shallbe doing my attempt tonight in about an hour!
EDCLARKEIcon...01-11-2009 @ 18:48 
Avatar
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 11010 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
just seen the vid excellent effort great depth, much deeper than mine will be!
nicoIcon...01-11-2009 @ 19:35 
Avatar
just smoked Ed and Neil - EAT MY GOAL
Member 120, 1583 posts
Post Edited: 01.11.2009 @ 21:33 PM by nico
EDCLARKE said:just seen the vid excellent effort great depth, much deeper than mine will be!


In that case, can I count my reps as doubleGrin

edit:spelling
EDCLARKEIcon...01-11-2009 @ 21:04 
Avatar
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 11010 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
you dont need to mate ,I managed 7 as well failed the 8th but the depth on mine was just in with a couple of dodgy ones so its a definite win for you! bas***d!Grin

only got 3 reps at 90% on my deadlift so you've a good chance on that one as well,but I dont care as I'm really f**king pleased with 3!

same again next week or do you want to pick something ,bearing in mind that I cant press or clean or do most rowing actions!
nicoIcon...01-11-2009 @ 21:38 
Avatar
just smoked Ed and Neil - EAT MY GOAL
Member 120, 1583 posts
EDCLARKE said:you dont need to mate ,I managed 7 as well failed the 8th but the depth on mine was just in with a couple of dodgy ones so its a definite win for you! bas***d!Grin

only got 3 reps at 90% on my deadlift so you've a good chance on that one as well,but I dont care as I'm really f**king pleased with 3!

same again next week or do you want to pick something ,bearing in mind that I cant press or clean or do most rowing actions!


7 as well-a dead heat-what about first one to 10? And I'm all the more impressed with your 5 sets of 5 at 100 the other day now-there's no way I could do that.

As for the deads, a true 90 percent for me would be 171 and I can't see myself getting a triple.

I can't work out why I'm relatively so poor at deads.
EDCLARKEIcon...01-11-2009 @ 22:05 
Avatar
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 11010 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
and yet freakishly good at benching despite your monkey long arms!Grin
nicoIcon...02-11-2009 @ 09:37 
Avatar
just smoked Ed and Neil - EAT MY GOAL
Member 120, 1583 posts
EDCLARKE said:and yet freakishly good at benching despite your monkey long arms!Grin


Yeah, it's strange, I don't think I should be able to bench as much really. It's not as if I've got some huge barrel chest either so I feel like the bar has to travel about 2 metres!
nicoIcon...02-11-2009 @ 16:24 
Avatar
just smoked Ed and Neil - EAT MY GOAL
Member 120, 1583 posts
a minimalist session today. I started off with good intentions, but when I started, everything felt rubbish, so I knocked it on the head.

Military
36/15
nicoIcon...04-11-2009 @ 17:29 
Avatar
just smoked Ed and Neil - EAT MY GOAL
Member 120, 1583 posts
Post Edited: 04.11.2009 @ 17:54 PM by nico
not too shabby today.

Deads
36/3
50/3
90/3
120/3
136/3
153/8

Fronties
30/1
50/1
70/1
90/1
100/1
110/1
122/1 pb

ab rolls
5,5,5

GHR
3,3,3
EDCLARKEIcon...04-11-2009 @ 18:10 
Avatar
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 11010 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
8 reps at 80% is good going mate,and a fronty pb to boot nice work!
nicoIcon...04-11-2009 @ 20:05 
Avatar
just smoked Ed and Neil - EAT MY GOAL
Member 120, 1583 posts
EDCLARKE said:8 reps at 80% is good going mate,and a fronty pb to boot nice work!


Cheers mate, I just hope I can get a 200kg dead out of it before the year is out!
nicoIcon...06-11-2009 @ 14:31 
Avatar
just smoked Ed and Neil - EAT MY GOAL
Member 120, 1583 posts
A bit strange today. I felt good all the way through and strong on the assistance stuff, but bench was disappointing.

bench
10/lots
30/3
50/3
70/3
77/3
88/3
100/7-this was the disappointing bit. I've had 11 here a couple of months ago, but couldn't even get 8 todayConfused

pressups
10 (chains balance on back), 12 (chains kept falling off so gave up on them),12,12,12

db rows
22/10
32/10
42/10
52/5

Next bench session is 104 for as many as possible, and I'll be pissed off with less than 7.
ThingIcon...06-11-2009 @ 14:40 
Avatar
a large fingered spastic that demolishes plant
Member 89, 31706 posts
SQ 260, BP 220, DL 290
770.0 kgs @ 142kgs UnEq
if your going down the kroc rows route make sure you make the core work to and take the strain off the lower back
nicoIcon...06-11-2009 @ 15:03 
Avatar
just smoked Ed and Neil - EAT MY GOAL
Member 120, 1583 posts
Thing said:if your going down the kroc rows route make sure you make the core work to and take the strain off the lower back


Cheers Neil, I have started doing some ab rollouts and will probably add some planks in to get my core beyond pathetically weak. Seem to be when he does his rows, everything works (rather than just an arm/upper back exercise)?

12345678910 ... ... 4445464748495051525354

© Sugden Barbell 2026 Privacy - Terms & Conditions