REGISTER
 

stop being a whiney bitch

12345678910 ... ... 4445464748495051525354

nicoIcon...09-09-2007 @ 09:26 
Avatar
just smoked Ed and Neil - EAT MY GOAL
Member 120, 1583 posts
weigh in today 96.8kg down 0.8
nicoIcon...09-09-2007 @ 10:53 
Avatar
just smoked Ed and Neil - EAT MY GOAL
Member 120, 1583 posts
bench 102kg
5
5
4 Bollox!!!!! I was trying really hard to get set up properly (arch etc) and by the 3rd set this was knackering me (especially the back). the 5th rep may have gone up but without a spotter or a cage I didn't want to risk it. Arse.

flyes 12kg
20
20

db shoulder press seated 12kg
20
20

db laterals 7kg
20
20
nicoIcon...12-09-2007 @ 14:34 
Avatar
just smoked Ed and Neil - EAT MY GOAL
Member 120, 1583 posts
squat 116kg wraps and back support
5
5
5 heavy but solid. Better than 114kg last time. Sat back much better

deads 155kg back support
5 heavy but never in doubt (honest!) I don't think number 6 would have gone up mind.

chins
3 shoulders sore
2 shoulders still sore!
2 as above

After this I was supposed to do some board presses and close grip. But after squat/dead I was tired. I don't know why shoulders hurt on chins. I also started warming up for board presses and they were still sore so I wisely (I think) called it a day.
nicoIcon...15-09-2007 @ 11:39 
Avatar
just smoked Ed and Neil - EAT MY GOAL
Member 120, 1583 posts
I couldn't find my journal because I now have a picture next to it! Not sure how this happened, but thanks if someone did it.

squats 118*5 wraps
5 here is the vid: http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=gNxFXIWjtVw
5
5

felt very solid

box squats 70kg
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2
2

front squats 40kg conditioning really. i just took a breath or 2 between sets (maybe 30secs and got on with it. I didn't lock out either. I was breathing like a train after a couple of sets.
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8

calf raise 0kg
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
RobIcon...15-09-2007 @ 11:53 
Avatar
Does f*ck all for SugdenBarbell.co.uk
Member 1, 7174 posts
SQ 182.5, BP 110, DL 205
497.5 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
Administrator
Yea I added a little icon of the prison cell Wink

By the way, up at the top where all those links are on the right hand side - there is one saying "Your Journal" - just click on that and it will take you straight to it from anywhere on the forum!
JoniIcon...15-09-2007 @ 12:00 
Avatar
left the country satisfied
Member 10, 19241 posts
SQ 240, BP 150, DL 270
660.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
squats looked comfy enough to me!
nicoIcon...16-09-2007 @ 09:26 
Avatar
just smoked Ed and Neil - EAT MY GOAL
Member 120, 1583 posts
cheers rob, i hadn't realised there was a direct link to my journal!

Joni, cheers. It felt pretty solid-better than 114 and 116 in fact. Still a fair bit of work to go though: i think I will need something like a 170 single for a 500 total.

Weigh in today was 97.5kg which is up 0.7kg. I'l be back later with a bit of benching.

Some DOMS today from the 8*8 stuff.
BoarIcon...16-09-2007 @ 09:37 
Avatar
Nothing left in the tank.
Member 5, 25597 posts
Administrator
keep goin big fella, could handle more on them squats for sure !!
nicoIcon...16-09-2007 @ 11:43 
Avatar
just smoked Ed and Neil - EAT MY GOAL
Member 120, 1583 posts
The look easier on the vid than they were really, i promise! I'm trying to just keep working up gradually to keep my trechnique nice and solid. hopefully by the end of the year i should have a weight worth videoing!
nicoIcon...16-09-2007 @ 15:25 
Avatar
just smoked Ed and Neil - EAT MY GOAL
Member 120, 1583 posts
cheers mate; I love training there; I'm moving in a couple of months so it will be goodbye to it soon[Unhappy]....however, in my new house there is something similar[Grin]

today:

weigh in 97.5kg up 0.7

bench 102kg
5
5
5 (last rep paused)

YESSS, C'MON! Pleased with this; first set felt hard (perhaps my warm up wasn't good enough), but afterwards it was fine. On the last set, I felt good so decided to pause the last one. It didn't exactly fly up, but wasn't a complete grinder either.

flyes 12kg (gironda style)
8
8
8
8
8
8

d/b press seated 12kg
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8

d/b laterals 6kg
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8

The 8*8 stuff is because I like doing this, it is hard work and gives me conditioning work, and also because I'm vain and like staring at my pumped up pecs in the mirror afterGrin
nicoIcon...19-09-2007 @ 15:45 
Avatar
just smoked Ed and Neil - EAT MY GOAL
Member 120, 1583 posts
Terrible stuff today.

My mind was on other stuff. i wanted to train at lunchtime, but i had to wait in for someone; started doing some research for something and got pissed off with not making any headway then trained pissed off (but in a bad way)

Started squatting, everything felt sore, but especially groin and upper back.

did 120kg
5
5
5

By the end my back was very sore. It has beening hurting for a few months now but it currently feels like I have a stake driven through my chest from front to back with shooting pain in my shoulder and arms.
I will stop putting off my trip to the physio i think.

I ruled out deads, and decided to do chins; After one chin it was time to stopUnhappy

I'll update when I've seen the physio.
ThingIcon...19-09-2007 @ 15:56 
Avatar
a large fingered spastic that demolishes plant
Member 89, 31706 posts
SQ 260, BP 220, DL 290
770.0 kgs @ 142kgs UnEq
not so good bud get to the physio or chiroprator
JoniIcon...19-09-2007 @ 18:59 
Avatar
left the country satisfied
Member 10, 19241 posts
SQ 240, BP 150, DL 270
660.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
fingers crossed it wont hold you back for long mate!
nicoIcon...23-09-2007 @ 10:11 
Avatar
just smoked Ed and Neil - EAT MY GOAL
Member 120, 1583 posts
cheers for the replies. My physio seems to have gone on holiday, so I'll try to get him when he's back; Pain has dropped off to a steady uncomfortable feeling (pretty much more normal physical state). I am on a diet of anti-inflammatories and pain killers and I'm not going to train now until Tuesday and then see how I feel.

Weigh in today was 98.7 kg (up 1.2kg) so weight is still going on nicely.
nicoIcon...23-09-2007 @ 19:42 
Avatar
just smoked Ed and Neil - EAT MY GOAL
Member 120, 1583 posts
forgot to mention that I also have a cold!

12345678910 ... ... 4445464748495051525354

© Sugden Barbell 2026 Privacy - Terms & Conditions