REGISTER
 

stop being a whiney bitch

12345678910 ... ... 4445464748495051525354

ThingIcon...06-11-2009 @ 15:21 
Avatar
a large fingered spastic that demolishes plant
Member 89, 31706 posts
SQ 260, BP 220, DL 290
770.0 kgs @ 142kgs UnEq
nico said:
Cheers Neil, I have started doing some ab rollouts and will probably add some planks in to get my core beyond pathetically weak. Seem to be when he does his rows, everything works (rather than just an arm/upper back exercise)?


i think thats the thinking behind doing heavy rows for reps. gets the whole upper body working rather than isolating the Lat with strict d/b rows
nicoIcon...06-11-2009 @ 17:58 
Avatar
just smoked Ed and Neil - EAT MY GOAL
Member 120, 1583 posts
I think you're right. I'll start doing them like this.
nicoIcon...08-11-2009 @ 16:28 
Avatar
just smoked Ed and Neil - EAT MY GOAL
Member 120, 1583 posts
squats today
superior size 46 on, straps down.
10/5
30/3
50/3
70/1
90/1
110/5
130/3
140/1
150/1
160/1 (belt on)
170/1
180/1 (straps up)
190/fail (wraps on)

A funny one this. 170 onwards felt like a ton to unrack on my back (probably because I never squat this heavy), but weren't really too hard to squat.

190 simply slipped down my back, but I have no doubt that I would have squatted it. I think if I could keep the bar in place and overcome the feeling of it being so heavy, I could definitely squat 200.

Unfortunately on dropping the bar I completely bent itUnhappy
nicoIcon...11-11-2009 @ 12:17 
Avatar
just smoked Ed and Neil - EAT MY GOAL
Member 120, 1583 posts
military
10/10
20/5
30/5
34/3
38/15

Chins
2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2=20 reps

dips
bw/7
bw+5/5,5,5,5,5

not a bad little session
40_plusIcon...11-11-2009 @ 12:40 
Avatar
and thats just his waistline
Member 391, 2799 posts
SQ 217.5, BP 152.5, DL 272.5
642.5 kgs @ 89.1kgs UnEq
nico said:squats today
superior size 46 on, straps down.
10/5
30/3
50/3
70/1
90/1
110/5
130/3
140/1
150/1
160/1 (belt on)
170/1
180/1 (straps up)
190/fail (wraps on)

A funny one this. 170 onwards felt like a ton to unrack on my back (probably because I never squat this heavy), but weren't really too hard to squat.

190 simply slipped down my back, but I have no doubt that I would have squatted it. I think if I could keep the bar in place and overcome the feeling of it being so heavy, I could definitely squat 200.

Unfortunately on dropping the bar I completely bent itUnhappy



You could practice your walkouts occasionally with heavy weights, it gets you used to having it on your back.
nicoIcon...11-11-2009 @ 21:15 
Avatar
just smoked Ed and Neil - EAT MY GOAL
Member 120, 1583 posts
Post Edited: 11.11.2009 @ 21:15 PM by nico
Aye, I might give this a try. anything I can walk out and hold i can squat at the minute and my knees are pretty sore as well, so I might mix this in with front squats.
Joseph_WaltonIcon...11-11-2009 @ 21:25 
Mighty young Joe
Member 675, 2271 posts
SQ 272.5, BP 180, DL 275
727.5 kgs @ 114.8kgs UnEq
About it feeling heavy on your back thats just a weak core, once the bars on the right part of my back it doesnt feel stupidly heavy but the walkouts fairly hard. if you dont use your belt straight away you'll build a strong core, only on light weights not all of your working sets, and remember that as you've got less support the weight you lift will drop accordingly.
nicoIcon...13-11-2009 @ 15:59 
Avatar
just smoked Ed and Neil - EAT MY GOAL
Member 120, 1583 posts
Joseph_Walton said:About it feeling heavy on your back thats just a weak core, once the bars on the right part of my back it doesnt feel stupidly heavy but the walkouts fairly hard. if you dont use your belt straight away you'll build a strong core, only on light weights not all of your working sets, and remember that as you've got less support the weight you lift will drop accordingly.


Cheers Joe-I've just read this now. I only use my belt on top sets, but my core is horribly weak. However, I've started to incorporate stuff to strengthen things a bit, so hopefully this will bear fruit. Fronties are more of a priority for me at the minute, but I think some walk outs will do me good.

Anyway, on to today.
Deads
50/4
90/2
110/1
130/5
144/3
162/7 (belt on)-quite pleased with this

ab rollouts
10,10,10

GHR
3,3,3
nicoIcon...15-11-2009 @ 10:43 
Avatar
just smoked Ed and Neil - EAT MY GOAL
Member 120, 1583 posts
bench
10/lots
30/5
50/3
70/3
82/5
95/3
104/5

pressups
15,12,12,7,7

db row
22/10
32,10
42,10
52,6
nicoIcon...21-11-2009 @ 12:20 
Avatar
just smoked Ed and Neil - EAT MY GOAL
Member 120, 1583 posts
in the middle of a week off. I did some light stuff today.
EDCLARKEIcon...21-11-2009 @ 14:52 
Avatar
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 11010 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
nice session mate! strong!Grin
nicoIcon...23-11-2009 @ 20:01 
Avatar
just smoked Ed and Neil - EAT MY GOAL
Member 120, 1583 posts
EDCLARKE said:nice session mate! strong!Grin


Cheers mate, I dominated those 20 kg overheads and 50kg frontiesGrin
nicoIcon...25-11-2009 @ 14:01 
Avatar
just smoked Ed and Neil - EAT MY GOAL
Member 120, 1583 posts
not too shabby today for a first session back.

military
10/10
20/5
28/5
32/5
36/16

deads
50/3
90/3
110/5
130/5
150/10 belt on

followed by a bit of biceps (sorry)

My nephew says he fancies coming to train with me. I don't know if he will stick with it, but if he does, it will nice to have someone to train with. I thought I'd get him started on a bit of 5/3/1. We'll see.
nicoIcon...27-11-2009 @ 16:02 
Avatar
just smoked Ed and Neil - EAT MY GOAL
Member 120, 1583 posts
changed (a little) what I was going to do because my nephew turned up to train. It made a pleasant change to train with someone else. When I train alone I work at least as hard (put the earphones on, go into my world) but I tend to do less. It will be nice to maybe do a bit more, although I don't know how long he'll stick with it.

Bench
10/10
30/5
50/5
70/7
85/5
95/8-still fairly disappointing.

High incline dbs
5*10

Chins
10 sets

Pressups
1,2,3,.....10,8,6,4,3,2,1

Curls

enjoyed it really
marcIcon...27-11-2009 @ 17:30 
Avatar
Dancing queenfeel the beat from the tambourine
Member 84, 2536 posts
SQ 225, BP 177.5, DL 275
677.5 kgs @ 103kgs UnEq
Your getting strong lad. good work

12345678910 ... ... 4445464748495051525354

© Sugden Barbell 2026 Privacy - Terms & Conditions