Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training VideosBest foot/feet position for leg drive in bench

Best foot/feet position for leg drive in bench

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Shaun
I've always struggled on the bench, but I've never really considered technique all that much on it - certainly not foot positioning.

So what's your opinions? Feet flat on the ground or on toes? Spread out wide or close? Etc.
feet flat and use heels to drive
GettinFatStrong
varies from person to person, some people put feet under to make bigger arch but i find that makes me wobble/less stable.
Shaun
Okay thanks guys I'll try both of your suggestions.

I also can't seem to arch that well either.
I always found arching your back (to decrease range of movement) and tucking your feet UNDER the bench so you are on your toes as the best position, but as already stated, each person is different, you will need to experiment a little..
Shaun said:I've always struggled on the bench, but I've never really considered technique all that much on it - certainly not foot positioning.

So what's your opinions? Feet flat on the ground or on toes? Spread out wide or close? Etc.

lots and lots of technique to bench if you've never considered it. I'd suggest you look at some tutorials by dave tate on elitefts
Is it really "drive", or is it just a case of getting into a better position?
Wayne_Cowdrey said:Is it really "drive", or is it just a case of getting into a better position?

watch Malanichev benching and you'll see how much difference leg drive can make. Not that you care, haha...
Shaun
Simeon said:
lots and lots of technique to bench if you've never considered it. I'd suggest you look at some tutorials by dave tate on elitefts

Yeah I'll have a look at those, thanks mate. Particularly Dave's Youtube bench videos which I've heard are very good.
Riain said:I always found arching your back (to decrease range of movement) and tucking your feet UNDER the bench so you are on your toes as the best position, but as already stated, each person is different, you will need to experiment a little..

For strongman purposes reducing the range of movement would be a bad idea surely?
Terminator said:
For strongman purposes reducing the range of movement would be a bad idea surely?

why do bench at all for strongman purposes?
Simeon said:
why do bench at all for strongman purposes?

Benching will give a significant carryover to overhead lifts.
Wayne_Cowdrey said:Is it really "drive", or is it just a case of getting into a better position?

Bench should be mostly legs and lats then chest triceps and delts
MrSmall
Terminator said:

wha
Steve
Do you compete/want to compete at powerlifting?

Some powerlifting feds require your feet to be flat on the floor

You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training VideosBest foot/feet position for leg drive in bench
Return to top View Desktop Site