Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshithow do you know when your overtraining

how do you know when your overtraining

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

i have hit a point where somthing strange has happend i have always kinda understood the point of not over training but over last couple of months i have noticed that the harder i push my self and harder i "overtrain" my body i hit a point where i feel like stoping and cant walk properly cant sleep properly feel sick alot the same wieght feels heavier and heavier each session but then to my surprise i go train 1 time and the wieght starts feeling easier and so on each session

theres no chance i could lift my max in this state but if i take a week off and recover i come back a hell of a lot stronger than i was before

so heres the thing is it wise to push your body to the limit for 6 weeks solid and take 1 week off to recover ?

i know its a wierd way of thinking and goes against the grain but what are people thaughts
Don't take time off, just change the exercise or resistance curve of that exercise. e.g. change squats for box squats/ use a different kind of bar/ change amount of chains/bands used if you use them. For deadlift change to rack pulls, change stance (conventional, sumo) or do some deficits.
That point when it started getting easier again...you should've carried on going!
Rest is your friend.
MrSmall
When you really dread going to train.
No such thing as overtraining. Just under eating.
Tom_Martin said:That point when it started getting easier again...you should've carried on going!

i did for 4 weeks and i broke every rep pb i had ever done in the sqaut then i took 1 week off and added 20kg to my sqaut just wonderd if anyone else did this

i think im going to hit that point again soon i hope i do anyway
milsy said:
i did for 4 weeks and i broke every rep pb i had ever done in the sqaut then i took 1 week off and added 20kg to my sqaut just wonderd if anyone else did this
i think im going to hit that point again soon i hope i do anyway

When it happens again, try not taking the week off?
Tom_Martin said:
When it happens again, try not taking the week off?

i am dont worry going to see how far i can go i wont know until i try it
do you put your strength down to training this way?

the goal is a 300 raw sqaut in jnr got to add 23kg a year to do it suppose i gotta aim high
Post Edited: 16.12.2010 @ 20:50 PM by shaunclegg
Tom_Martin said: There is no such thing as over-training
just eat more food, you will feel strong again in no time.
i find just taking a day off and some good food on board does the trick plus a solid night sleep
milsy said:i have hit a point where somthing strange has happend i have always kinda understood the point of not over training but over last couple of months i have noticed that the harder i push my self and harder i "overtrain" my body i hit a point where i feel like stoping and cant walk properly cant sleep properly feel sick alot the same wieght feels heavier and heavier each session but then to my surprise i go train 1 time and the wieght starts feeling easier and so on each session

theres no chance i could lift my max in this state but if i take a week off and recover i come back a hell of a lot stronger than i was before

so heres the thing is it wise to push your body to the limit for 6 weeks solid and take 1 week off to recover ?

i know its a wierd way of thinking and goes against the grain but what are people thaughts

i 'm in the same situation, 6 weeks of pushing myself to the limit, not i feel like i need a week or two of easy weight BUT to keep the intensity i will add more volume.

But yeah, it's normal.

DONT TAKE A WEEK OFF!! Reduce intensity!
JohnC
cannings07 said:No such thing as overtraining. Just under eating.

And/or under sleeping.
think a few people have misunderstood what i was getting at think its me explaining it wrong

i feel that when i aim to put my body into a fatigued overtrained state i can do it to the point of wanting to give in but if i push through it somthing clicks and i start making progress in this state

just wanted to know if this was an advisable way of training because it goes against almost everything iv been told before

i know how not to overtrain and what to do diet wise and rest but i am actully aiming to "overreach" i think they call it a short period of sending your body into a sort of overtrained state as to bounce back stronger when you recover

You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshithow do you know when your overtraining
Return to top View Desktop Site