REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 449 guests

How the hell do i put a message under my avatar??

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Closed This thread has been closed by a moderator. Replies are no longer possible.

edstudhamIconHow the hell do i put a message under my avatar??16-04-2010 @ 15:35 
like Ed, but more of a stud
Member 948, 140 posts
SQ 220, BP 145, DL 240
605.0 kgs @ 111kgs UnEq
Ive been looking everywhere to write a message under my avatar pic............Its driving me mad now! Anyone know how to put one on there?
LukeCIcon...16-04-2010 @ 15:36 
The one in the guns and roses teeshirt.
Member 171, 2462 posts
SQ 272.5, BP 140, DL 245
657.5 kgs @ 80.2kgs Eq
Only the admins choose what to put under your avatar.

Some peoples change a lot. Some, like mine, remain pretty constant.
youngyIcon...16-04-2010 @ 15:37 
crushed the generals chance of 6th place
Member 588, 5477 posts
SQ 200, BP 100, DL 200
500.0 kgs @ 84kgs UnEq
Lol not another one of these.
PeteHodgsonIcon...16-04-2010 @ 15:38 
Has little understanding of the sugden
Member 677, 11338 posts
SQ 165, BP 125, DL 220
510.0 kgs @ 80kgs UnEq
Either say something stupid/brilliant/embarrassing and it will most likely end up under your avatar. Grin
MattGriffIcon...18-04-2010 @ 00:30 
Member 194, 3976 posts
1: Play on peoples insecurities
2: Upset the general mood
3: Point out mods doing what they accuse you of doing
4: Dare to suggest that when people are consistently not placing well they review their methodology or actually adapt some of the techniques their peers use to supplement their strengths and minimise their weakness.

There are many options for this, my personal fav is numero three, nothing like conformation that you have bothered a mod enough for them to have to do that for their pride I assume, more so when they can't actually answer what you post (or they could but will not in public, and they probably agree but prefer sitting on fences and taking cheap shots from the admin position) or demonstrate what they accuse you of time and again - it is the best one for amusement by far.
youngyIcon...18-04-2010 @ 00:46 
crushed the generals chance of 6th place
Member 588, 5477 posts
SQ 200, BP 100, DL 200
500.0 kgs @ 84kgs UnEq
LOL ^

Smooth Matt Grin
EDCLARKEIcon...18-04-2010 @ 09:03 
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 10989 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
MattGriff said:1: Play on peoples insecurities
2: Upset the general mood
3: Point out mods doing what they accuse you of doing
4: Dare to suggest that when people are consistently not placing well they review their methodology or actually adapt some of the techniques their peers use to supplement their strengths and minimise their weakness.

There are many options for this, my personal fav is numero three, nothing like conformation that you have bothered a mod enough for them to have to do that for their pride I assume, more so when they can't actually answer what you post (or they could but will not in public, and they probably agree but prefer sitting on fences and taking cheap shots from the admin position) or demonstrate what they accuse you of time and again - it is the best one for amusement by far.

just out of interest why would you want to do numbers 1 and 2?
BoarIcon...18-04-2010 @ 09:15 
Nothing left in the tank.
Member 5, 25563 posts
Administrator
im a textbook fence sitter

some people enjoy rocking the boat , some dont.
MattGriffIcon...18-04-2010 @ 10:45 
Member 194, 3976 posts
EDCLARKE said:
just out of interest why would you want to do numbers 1 and 2?

It is a method I use to work out how people function primarily; I have studied psychology and have an interest in the subject.

Simply put the internet is not the best tool for ‘knowing’ someone, but it can have its uses. If it is suspected that someone has an insecurity about something – and these can be vast and varied from people just doing work on what they are good at in the gym, trying to aggressive in advice giving to others and so on (there are many options here) – a simple subtle question or statement will quickly expose the said weakness to me giving me a better understanding of that person and how they work and ultimately will perform in a competition.

You can see it quite clearly in some people that there are worries about upsetting a few, even if they may agree with something I say for example. The courage to not back up what you actually know to be fact will expose certain psychological traits about that person.

It is also good to spot the pack mentality of many, a simple one I used in the past was questioning the PL numbers given the rule states no hitched deadlifts – not one of the admins actually had the bo***cks to say ‘Well yes it does actually state no hitched deadlifts, you were banned for ‘misuse’ that wasn’t in the rules but those blatant rule breakers we will do nothing about. And we are wrong to do that’ because when I suggested that people were putting up bulls**t numbers it upset many, who quickly jumped and supported each other in attacking me. Now the issue I don’t actually care about, but what it did show was who can identify the truth and what is actually right above conforming to the ‘mob mentality’.
It was a simple one, the rule is there in black and white and anyone with half a brain can see what I was saying was factually correct – yet so many were so quick to jump together in defiance of someone they saw as a common foe.
As suspected the said individuals are always extremely nice and pleasant to me in person often even asking advice, but with the mob mentality you can see how much their balls grow.
It suggests a lot about someone’s character if they on an internet forum cannot stand against the tide, even if they know the target many are against is actually right. This in turn tells me how they will react to personal pressure in such situations as, oh, I don’t know – Competition

It is no great surprise that the said people who jump quickly on this bandwagon do not do so well in competitions be they PL or strongman (interestingly the WL never bite, must be the Lemon fresh attitude of knowing they out sexy everyone). It will often be the case they will have a weakness etc, but rather than really focusing on it as they should they will follow the mob in training and do what others are doing – an while training with a few is great, this is a solo sport and they do not demonstrate indavidual mental strength to deal with it, as such from simple interactions I can pretty much know who will not be any kind of threat, not nessisarily due to lack of strength (althouth again this can tend to be the case with this group, expeptions are present though) but due to thier head dropping under pressure when they become out on thier own. This methodology is by no means conclusive and there must be a level of crossover with strnegth - fo e.g if Tel was to bite, well he is going to own me anyway due to the current strength difference - this is where common sense is applied really.

Then you get the flip side, those that do no expose Psychological weakness - such people as Col Austin, Littler and Clegg – again you can tell this when you speak to them in person as well. Those with a sharper wit will notice that if one or t’other of the above group adding myself to the mix will never rise to each other across the forum.

There you go, I have given you more than I ususally would. Not that it matters on here anymore, I have everyones ticket I need to be aware of now anyway Wink
Thanks for your help Grin
BoarIcon...18-04-2010 @ 10:56 
Nothing left in the tank.
Member 5, 25563 posts
Administrator
Post Edited: 18.04.2010 @ 10:56 AM by Boar
im not sure what catagory i fall into - i dont have the confidence to offer any solid advice or bollock anyone, but in 'real' life i think i can hold my own

and littler has a weakness - not turning up to my house for a kettlebell thrashing.
EDCLARKEIcon...18-04-2010 @ 11:12 
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 10989 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
MattGriff said:
It is a method I use to work out how people function primarily; I have studied psychology and have an interest in the subject.
Simply put the internet is not the best tool for ‘knowing’ someone, but it can have its uses. If it is suspected that someone has an insecurity about something – and these can be vast and varied from people just doing work on what they are good at in the gym, trying to aggressive in advice giving to others and so on (there are many options here) – a simple subtle question or statement will quickly expose the said weakness to me giving me a better understanding of that person and how they work and ultimately will perform in a competition.
You can see it quite clearly in some people that there are worries about upsetting a few, even if they may agree with something I say for example. The courage to not back up what you actually know to be fact will expose certain psychological traits about that person.
It is also good to spot the pack mentality of many, a simple one I used in the past was questioning the PL numbers given the rule states no hitched deadlifts – not one of the admins actually had the bo***cks to say ‘Well yes it does actually state no hitched deadlifts, you were banned for ‘misuse’ that wasn’t in the rules but those blatant rule breakers we will do nothing about. And we are wrong to do that’ because when I suggested that people were putting up bulls**t numbers it upset many, who quickly jumped and supported each other in attacking me. Now the issue I don’t actually care about, but what it did show was who can identify the truth and what is actually right above conforming to the ‘mob mentality’.
It was a simple one, the rule is there in black and white and anyone with half a brain can see what I was saying was factually correct – yet so many were so quick to jump together in defiance of someone they saw as a common foe.
As suspected the said individuals are always extremely nice and pleasant to me in person often even asking advice, but with the mob mentality you can see how much their balls grow.
It suggests a lot about someone’s character if they on an internet forum cannot stand against the tide, even if they know the target many are against is actually right. This in turn tells me how they will react to personal pressure in such situations as, oh, I don’t know – Competition
It is no great surprise that the said people who jump quickly on this bandwagon do not do so well in competitions be they PL or strongman (interestingly the WL never bite, must be the Lemon fresh attitude of knowing they out sexy everyone). It will often be the case they will have a weakness etc, but rather than really focusing on it as they should they will follow the mob in training and do what others are doing – an while training with a few is great, this is a solo sport and they do not demonstrate indavidual mental strength to deal with it, as such from simple interactions I can pretty much know who will not be any kind of threat, not nessisarily due to lack of strength (althouth again this can tend to be the case with this group, expeptions are present though) but due to thier head dropping under pressure when they become out on thier own. This methodology is by no means conclusive and there must be a level of crossover with strnegth - fo e.g if Tel was to bite, well he is going to own me anyway due to the current strength difference - this is where common sense is applied really.
Then you get the flip side, those that do no expose Psychological weakness - such people as Col Austin, Littler and Clegg – again you can tell this when you speak to them in person as well. Those with a sharper wit will notice that if one or t’other of the above group adding myself to the mix will never rise to each other across the forum.
There you go, I have given you more than I ususally would. Not that it matters on here anymore, I have everyones ticket I need to be aware of now anyway Wink
Thanks for your help Grin

interesting answer ,i'm not sure i agree with everything in it, but as a theory it's certainly interesting. You do seem to come across a bit defensive though, which does'nt quite fit with the Matt Griff "I dont give a s**t" personna.
You could argue that your desire to expose weakness in other peoples characters may point to a weakness in your own character.
your used of words like "mob mentality" and "attacking me" is interesting,given the ammount of pisstaking and baiting you have taken part in,I'm suprised that you react so passionately, it is only the internet afterall. Have you considered that the people who disagreed with you genuinly did'nt agree with your post, and the supposed mob mentality was merely a concensus of opinion? Perhaps you should'nt take everything you read on the internet so seriously!
Wink

either way you seemed like an ok bloke in the flesh ,and as your an ex rugby player(albeit for a brum team) I'll give you the benefit of the doubt!Happy
JoniIcon...18-04-2010 @ 11:48 
left the country satisfied
Member 10, 19241 posts
SQ 240, BP 150, DL 270
660.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
interesting rationalisation for being a cock Matt, but in essense very weak and sounds like you think very highly of yourself.

You have been very succesful in your quest to piss people off, I give you that. But then again its not very difficult to do in front of a computer at home or work, anyone can do it and i think it shows weakness in character.

Your analysis of reactions is quite off the mark though, especially since many people who you probably think are "above" answering to your bites say stuff in real life about you which are much harsher you have ever read here. I dont think your name ever gets mentioned without some commentary on how you behave online.

I challenge you directly and with my own name (mostly because admins should react to bullies etc). I wish more people did, especially the people you seem to respect, so you might just understand what people think about, but like boar said, some people dont want to rock the boat.

End result is that you will continue your silly games and freeriding on the community.

Last time you got banned by another admin and you begged me to get back on i seem to remember we discussed online behaviour and I thought you would have grown out of it. If not, maybe you could set up another forum to do it in?
luke00Icon...18-04-2010 @ 11:55 
either Im a penis or Im not a penis
Member 722, 2977 posts
SQ 300, BP 220, DL 350
870.0 kgs @ 123kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 18.04.2010 @ 11:57 AM by luke00
I thought we were all c**ts, that's what I've been told anyway.
Grin
tonyjb72Icon...18-04-2010 @ 12:01 
abs by summer 2011? Experts opinions vary
Member 290, 2552 posts
just that some c**ts are more equal than others
TonyIcon...18-04-2010 @ 12:08 
Is partial to the odd bender.
Member 6, 10239 posts
SQ 280, BP 192.5, DL 317.5
790.0 kgs @ 102kgs Eq

Crock of s**t that really Matt.

Modding/being an admin on a forum sometimes has very little to do with your personal opinion or any impact of your pride

I have locked topics loads of times for things that I actually agree with, there are loads of reasons for this.

For example

A)they were going to cause massive conflict
B)I agree with the content of the post but the way in which the poster has expressed themselves breaks the rules
C)I may agree with the sentiments but they clearly break forum rules

Posting something simply to provoke a reaction isn't fishing, it's trolling. It should be moderated harshly otherwise you end up with a site like BB.com where any useful information is overshadowed by the massive ammounts of s**t.

Your without question a strong guy Matt and have a wealth of knowledge that would make a positive addition to any forum but the way in which you convey this information often comes across as rude and often very dissmissive of the person who is seeking advice.

Unfortunately many people will judge the real life Matt based solely on how you come across on the net which is a shame as away from the net your a sound guy.

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions