Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitRicks Film Review Thread

Ricks Film Review Thread

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

I don't do it. If I want to see it and I couldn't get to a cinema for it, I wait for the DVD. But a clear majority of my friends do it. *shrug* I understand why, I guess.
scruffmcbuff
I watched "the drop" with tom hardy and some other famous people starring.

It was good.
You should watch it.

Thats how i like my film reviews. heres another one

I also watched that one where leonardo dicaprio gets f**ked up by a bear.

It was slow.
It was boring.

Dont waste your time.
I enjoyed the drop also

the revenant was a cinematic masterpiece !

just watched green room - superb
I watched an old 1973 film the other day called 'Westworld'.

It was OK.

I saw a couple of days later they have done a modern day take on the film in the form of a series starring Anthony Hopkins which looks far more sinister than the film did. Unfortunately it is on Sky Atlantic which I do not have.
scruffmcbuff
If im not mistaken you can get sky atlantic on NowTV, may be worth a go?

Boar, Everyone else said the same thing. It comes very highly praised.
I just found it so boring!
CAJ said:I watched an old 1973 film the other day called 'Westworld'.

It was OK.

I saw a couple of days later they have done a modern day take on the film in the form of a series starring Anthony Hopkins which looks far more sinister than the film did. Unfortunately it is on Sky Atlantic which I do not have.

i liked the original and the sequel futureworld made a few years later.
another good michael crichton adaptation from around that time is the andromeda strain (1971 iirc)
I did read someone describe it as the greatest film I will never watch again - its on sky movies and i have no plans to put it on

I can understand why its seen as slow and boring, but i watched it in super sonic mega expensive cinematic vision and it was just magnificent
I very rarely watch films, but...

Did anyone see the David Brent film? I didn't get the chance, but would like to see it in the future. Big fan of that character.
Post Edited: 03.01.2017 @ 19:21 PM by CAJ
Watched 'Interstellar' last night.

Was a long haul at 2h 50 and a little confusing at times but all made sense by the ending which was somewhat beautiful.

Pretty sure a few sugdeners would find it interesting as it revolves around the 4th and 5th dimensions and plays heavily on the concepts of time and relativity.

8/10 from me, decent way to waste a few hours.
Great great film for me until the ending which I felt was rushed. Brought it down to a 7/10 from an 8.5.
I love films.
JohnGym said:Great great film for me until the ending which I felt was rushed. Brought it down to a 7/10 from an 8.5.
I love films.

I thought ending was good, very intense and emotional but can definitely see how it could be perceived as rushed in proportion to the rest of the film.

*Spolier Alert!*

The bit where he figures out it's actually him communicating with his daughter via the bookcase really got me in the feels Roll-Eyes
******SPOILER********

It's a long time since I've seen it, but I remember being disappointed at how little time he spent with his daughter after the considerable effort he went to to get back to her.
I only have one child. A daughter. I felt it was unrealistic to turn up and piss off. (I may be misremembering slightly). I'd have stayed until the bitter end.
John
Ok the latest Blair witch instalment...more of the same hand held done to death s**te.
il give it 1 crossfitter.

Assassins creed pretty good as it goes..kids loved it,is based on the game lots of nods to that. I'm gonna give That 3 power bellies Happy
Interstellar was incredible I thought, it's my 4th favourite film however i doubt I will ever watch it again, at least not for years. Because I saw it at the cinema in Imax and the scale was so epic which a long with the score was so complimented by the cinematic experience I think it might be ruined for me if I watched it on a tv.
scruffmcbuff
Im no rhetorician so ill keep this short and sweet.

Bridge of spies with Tom Hanks is a f**kin excellent film. I reccomend it.

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitRicks Film Review Thread
Return to top View Desktop Site