Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training Videosbrian shaw 446kg deadlift wat

brian shaw 446kg deadlift wat

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

brownbear said:
Quite possibly but the straps and hitch and extra weight isn't as easy an obstacle to overcome at that level as at a lower level per se.
I think there may be quite a gap between 445 straps and hitch versus 460 no straps no hitch.

I would call that a minimal hitch for strongman, and I highly doubt he would struggle to hang on to a million kgs without straps Happy
JackRevans said:snatch grip sumo? very strong

i think the grip is due to his own width lol but he does seem to have a rather wide stance... unless that's also just because of his unreal size lol. interesting though.
fong said:
i think the grip is due to his own width lol but he does seem to have a rather wide stance... unless that's also just because of his unreal size lol. interesting though.

he is a large gentleman
Amazing speed for a big guy.

Looking at these videos from London 2011 I think it's safe to say he has added around 25kg to his max (when you consider the quality of the 430kg 2011 to 448kg 2013) in two years.

At that level of development that is incredible progress in my eyes. If push came to shove I don't think he needed to hitch the 448, although I am the master of grinding through the lockout Grin
looks like he's added 25kg to his body weight too!
He's not human
LeedsMiniPower
brownbear said:
Quite possibly but the straps and hitch and extra weight isn't as easy an obstacle to overcome at that level as at a lower level per se.
I think there may be quite a gap between 445 straps and hitch versus 460 no straps no hitch.

Im with brownbear on this, pulling a clean lift strapless is completely different.

Still mega strong
LeedsMiniPower said:
Im with brownbear on this, pulling a clean lift strapless is completely different.
Still mega strong

Exactly, I mean let say he can do 420-425 to pl rules, that'd still be incredible
Huge lift, also I have always noticed how wide he stands now.
Compared to London 2011 there looks a good few more kgs there!
beza
Eek Eek Mental
Am I the only one thinking that he would benefit from a narrower stance and a much narrower grip? I know he's wide, but 'cmon
Its the most beastly, excellent pull with the most ungainly tech I have seen.

But dam it works for him and then some!

Cracking stuff.
Terminator said:Am I the only one thinking that he would benefit from a narrower stance and a much narrower grip? I know he's wide, but 'cmon

Yes

You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training Videosbrian shaw 446kg deadlift wat
Return to top View Desktop Site