REGISTER
 

a little interested in training

12345678910 ... ... 1920212223242526272829

BoarIcon...20-05-2009 @ 19:15 
Avatar
Nothing left in the tank.
Member 5, 25597 posts
Administrator
11 rep PB EAT MY GOAL !!

and as for the puking thing ! two thumbs up !

southport is a bit flat , but the sand dunes up toward ainsdale would make for a MURDEROUS session !!
RobIcon...23-05-2009 @ 19:25 
Avatar
Does f*ck all for SugdenBarbell.co.uk
Member 1, 7174 posts
SQ 182.5, BP 110, DL 205
497.5 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
Administrator
23rd May, The Cellar

Close Grip Bench Press
20 x 10 x 2
40 x 5
55 x 3
70 x 3
80 x 3
85 x 3
90 x 6
77.5 x 9

Low Shin Deadlift
20 x 10 x 2
60 x 5 x 2
80 x 5
95 x 1
110 x 1
125 x 4

.. some ab stuff.

Run
1 mile, sharpish pace for the first 2/3s.

Thought I'd lost the sixth rep of the top set on bench, was already wondering what to scream for help, somehow made it though.

No more in the low shin deads at 125, double overhand grip was struggling too. I don't think these would have been much higher when I was at my deadlifting peak though, I remember struggling to do 130x5 beltless off the floor when I was doing 177.5x5 with a belt.
RobIcon...23-05-2009 @ 19:27 
Avatar
Does f*ck all for SugdenBarbell.co.uk
Member 1, 7174 posts
SQ 182.5, BP 110, DL 205
497.5 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
Administrator
Boar said:
southport is a bit flat , but the sand dunes up toward ainsdale would make for a MURDEROUS session !!


They're bad enough just to walk on never mind running!! Went there with the dog a few months ago and we got a bit lost, ended up walking miles around some marshes and then going through a field full of rams to escape.
BoarIcon...23-05-2009 @ 19:29 
Avatar
Nothing left in the tank.
Member 5, 25597 posts
Administrator
I dont want to die under less than 100kg !! someone come and slip 2x5kg plates on !! or get this thing off me !


good stuff rob, u feelin fitter ?
MrSmallIcon...23-05-2009 @ 19:29 
Gone and easily forgotten.......
Member 331, 22298 posts
SQ 185, BP 100, DL 230
515.0 kgs @ 85kgs UnEq
Belt adds 40kg?
The f**k kinda belt is that!!!!!!!!

Splendid benching, however, Rob!
RobIcon...23-05-2009 @ 19:36 
Avatar
Does f*ck all for SugdenBarbell.co.uk
Member 1, 7174 posts
SQ 182.5, BP 110, DL 205
497.5 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
Administrator
Fitness is definitely increasing Jon, but I find that it comes really quickly with not so many sessions, definitely a lot easier than strength gains!

Cheers Big C, hopefully keep the benching close to this level while I lose a bit more weight. With my deads, it wasn't that the belt gave me 40kg as such, it was just that I got so used to pulling in that I created a real bad weak point when I wasn't wearing it.
MrSmallIcon...23-05-2009 @ 19:39 
Gone and easily forgotten.......
Member 331, 22298 posts
SQ 185, BP 100, DL 230
515.0 kgs @ 85kgs UnEq
but where are the HEAVY SINGLES?
TommyIcon...23-05-2009 @ 20:07 
The Original Power Belly
Member 544, 357 posts
SQ 170, BP 115, DL 210
495.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
Nice benching Rob. Nothing quite like that feeling of grim desperation when you're failing on bench with no spotter and contemplating whether it would be better to shriek like a girl for help or just accept your imminent demise like a man.
LukeCIcon...23-05-2009 @ 20:10 
Avatar
The one in the guns and roses teeshirt.
Member 171, 2462 posts
SQ 272.5, BP 140, DL 245
657.5 kgs @ 80.2kgs Eq
MrSmall said:
Belt adds 40kg?
The f**k kinda belt is that!!!!!!!!

Splendid benching, however, Rob!


Belt aka suit. Tongue

I think Rob is afraid of heavy singles these days. Tongue
RobIcon...23-05-2009 @ 21:34 
Avatar
Does f*ck all for SugdenBarbell.co.uk
Member 1, 7174 posts
SQ 182.5, BP 110, DL 205
497.5 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
Administrator
Thanks Tommy, quite right too, I hope I don't die.

It's well known that I'm not a big suits fan young Luke Grin Heavy singles are for REAL LIFTERS!! I'm just dabbling!
AlexIcon...23-05-2009 @ 23:45 
Avatar
Picca Boo
Member 16, 1204 posts
SQ 140, BP 130, DL 200
470.0 kgs @ 77kgs UnEq
Heavy singles are overrated, Rob knows real men bench lots and with high reps Grin
RobIcon...26-05-2009 @ 21:31 
Avatar
Does f*ck all for SugdenBarbell.co.uk
Member 1, 7174 posts
SQ 182.5, BP 110, DL 205
497.5 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
Administrator
Nice to see you in here Alex, hope you're well mate. You entered the world of work yet or are you still studying?



25th May, Southport

Sprints/Run - "The Lamp-post Course" again.


26th May, The Cellar

Close Grip Bench Press
20 x 10 x 2
40 x 5
55 x 5
70 x 5
80 x 1
90 x 1
95 x 1
75 x 8
70 x 8

Yates Row
40 x 10
50 x 10
55 x 10

Strength is up and down like a yo-yo at the minute.
BoarIcon...26-05-2009 @ 21:41 
Avatar
Nothing left in the tank.
Member 5, 25597 posts
Administrator
nice lamp posting rob !
mikeypIcon...26-05-2009 @ 22:31 
Avatar
bollocks to global warming
Member 475, 1735 posts
SQ 200, BP 125, DL 235
560.0 kgs @ 115kgs UnEq
Rob said:
Nice to see you in here Alex, hope you're well mate. You entered the world of work yet or are you still studying?



25th May, Southport

Sprints/Run - "The Lamp-post Course" again.


26th May, The Cellar

Close Grip Bench Press
20 x 10 x 2
40 x 5
55 x 5
70 x 5
80 x 1
90 x 1
95 x 1
75 x 8
70 x 8

Yates Row
40 x 10
50 x 10
55 x 10

Strength is up and down like a yo-yo at the minute.


Think the running will take it's toll on the recovery Rob 'till you get used to it.
MrSmallIcon...30-05-2009 @ 13:13 
Gone and easily forgotten.......
Member 331, 22298 posts
SQ 185, BP 100, DL 230
515.0 kgs @ 85kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 30.05.2009 @ 13:13 PM by MrSmall
Put the crackpipe down and could I have my avatar back please!
I don't actually have it on my pc.
Or should I find another.

12345678910 ... ... 1920212223242526272829

© Sugden Barbell 2026 Privacy - Terms & Conditions