Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitWhat's your dissertation on?

What's your dissertation on?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

adillon10
There must be students on here who are doing dissertations right now...

What's it on and what have you found? Has it been a total pain in the cock or have you had a good experience with it?
Post Edited: 05.03.2014 @ 15:59 PM by youngy
Done mine last year. Inter-rater reliability of two tests of football skill or some s**t!

Was a pain in the c**t.
dannyboy73
Post Edited: 05.03.2014 @ 15:32 PM by dannyboy73
This

youngy said:Done mine last year.
Was a pain in the c**t.

Testing recall from the time periods of adolescents and childhood amnesia: Total memories and emotionality ratings were compared between time periods and genders. Not that exciting but did get significant results
Gingy
Ultrasonic characterisation of a steel transmission rod.

Sigh...
6 years ago now but 'Simulation of adsorption and diffusion of carbon dioxide through mesoporous silica membranes' ie. carbon capture bo***cks
5 years ago now, it was some s**t about alternative dispute resolution in the construction industry - my mate who works in market research knocked me up a load of data and graphs and I wrote some utter bo***cks in a vain attempt to back up his awesome work, got 40%

Would have got a 1st if it wasn't for my abortion of a dissertation.
dannyboy73
This is the new geek threadGrin
dannyboy73
Good lord, thats tough mate
BenMac said:
Would have got a 1st if it wasn't for my abortion of a dissertation.

Eek
Post Edited: 05.03.2014 @ 16:49 PM by JNT
Critiquing rational choice within frameworks for understanding terrorism.

I love this stuff.
A few years ago now but did mine on "the influx of aztec gold/silver and its effect on the 16th century european economy". It was a riveting read.
Not doing a dissertation, but instead I am doing a teaching placement & presentations around education and a Literature review
My literature Review is 'How does Environmental change affects the structure of ecological networks?'
I do Biology, want to be a teacher so pointless lit review lol.
But it's pretty much looking into how different climatic factors affect food webs, species interactions etc. Pretty interesting though.
Benvie said:A few years ago now but did mine on "the influx of aztec gold/silver and its effect on the 16th century european economy". It was a riveting read.

I'd actually quite happily sit and read that paper.

As for dissertations, I've done two, cant remember exact titles, but something to the effect of:

The rise of the hoplite phalanx and its peak in the armies of Macedon.

Hearsay law and the right to confrontation under the European Convention of Human Rights and the 6th amendment.
A while back now, but it was 'The Rights of the Victim in the Criminal Justice System of Scotland'

What fun.....
ben66 said:A while back now, but it was 'The Rights of the Victim in the Criminal Justice System of Scotland'

What fun.....

Scottish people have rights ??
Killelay said:
Scottish people have rights ??

We class the Scottish as people??

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitWhat's your dissertation on?
Return to top View Desktop Site