Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsThe Final Countdown

The Final Countdown

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Closed This thread has been closed by a moderator. Replies are no longer possible.

Nice wind up there.

Have you seen the solstice challenge? If so are you in?
That must be pleasing. Imagine if you did 'bust your balls' - you'd have smashed it.

What's your best 10k? (I know I could look on the C2 thread but I'm mid-post here and being shouted at by with wife to come down for my tea.) It's a hard life...
38:15 is my best 10km , I semi-ignore my old PB's so I think sub 39 would be good for me at the moment , i am slowly getting used to more time on the rower

i have a planned bike ride next weekend , but if that doesnt pan out, i may just do the summer solstice challenge JT
every time I read your journal title I get that f**king awful song from the 80's in my head!
Ed, We're leaving together,
But still it's farewell
And maybe we'll come back
To earth, who can tell?

Crossfit WOD called 'acid bath'

5:11 total time ...'roughly' 5:45 with transitions as i wasnt as slick as i could be.

the WOD was done just to see what it was like, and it was pretty horrid , i could probably go a bit faster on all 3 but it was really unpleasant.I think i may have been ok at crossfit had it come along when i was a 20 somthing.
What do you think you could do max effort 500 on the rower?

I agree about the crossfit would of been good 25 years ago or so, my shoulder starts hurting just thinking about a chin up
Mabie 1:35-1:37 ? i seem to short on raw power

next week I am looking at a 1500 at race pace and may try for a 500m too

also, i have booked 2 days off work just so I am not knackered for the race

cracknell missed a sub 2:30 marathon today by 40 seconds ....he held the pace but you could tell once it wandered over in the last 5-6k , he wasnt getting it back
Boar said:Mabie 1:35-1:37 ? i seem to short on raw power

next week I am looking at a 1500 at race pace and may try for a 500m too

also, i have booked 2 days off work just so I am not knackered for the race

cracknell missed a sub 2:30 marathon today by 40 seconds ....he held the pace but you could tell once it wandered over in the last 5-6k , he wasnt getting it back

wowser 7.082k x21 some going that.
Post Edited: 15.06.2020 @ 12:07 PM by Boar
edited the wrong post !!

Leaving your wife for a younger bird hhhhmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnn!

How does one verify a ranking piece? Do you have to have the inter wobble?

I have been soundly smashed from No1 spot on the 1K a little fella 6'5'' 3.02
did you have an old mrs JT that you left for the lovely current mrs ?

thats an upgrade by anyones standard.

there is a verification code on the monitor that you input into the C" log , your monitor doesnt need connecting to the internetz

I know a 7:08 has been mentioned, but at this time i am pacing at 7:10 , which i will be delighted with !! snipping away at that 1;45 split....

https://i.ibb.co/vB9TKQ0/6-x-500-15-june-2020.jpg
That's a top session!

There must have been some serious sweating going on there??
I had my soiled blue dabbing towel on hand ! it lives in the shed.

finished early from work and was feeling pretty good and 6 x 500 is one of my fave sessions, always gives me a good idea how everything is going
Well things definitely seem to be going well.
Cheers Jm , as you know , i enjoy competing and there are a few rowing comps coming up and the virtual races are getting more common - the worlds is 'online' next Feb

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsThe Final Countdown
Return to top View Desktop Site