Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training VideosDo oly shoes really make a difference?

Do oly shoes really make a difference?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Tommy said:
I got a pair of Ironworks 3s from Pullum Sports a month or so back. Great for overhead stuff and fronties, and I love deadlifting in them too although most normal folk don't. Haven't got to grips with them for back squatting at all though. High bar narrow stance feels great, but has anyone else had any problems squatting low bar with a wide(ish) stance in them?

im similar to you. use them for deads and highs, but for low bars the flat sole of my converse wins every time!
I bought a pair of Ironwork III's from Pullum's a couple of weeks back.I found the sizings quite awkward. I take an eight in a shoe -Ironwork size 8 were so small I could hardly get into them. The 9s I now are better but too long for me.

I think they are absolutely fantastic for front squats, it immediately felt like the whole movement worked as it should. Back squats also feel like a totally different movement compared to using my flat metal boots. I think I like them, though the walk out feels wobblier. No PB attempts in them yet, so I'm not sure if I'm actually better off with them.
Tommy
just_t said:
im similar to you. use them for deads and highs, but for low bars the flat sole of my converse wins every time!

I think I might try out my work boots for low bars then. Flat sole and sturdy as f**k.
I recently got a pair of IronWork III's from Sugar rays (not bad service for me). Really like them, good solid base. I got 8's (as it's my size) and they're pretty tight (I'd prefer this than too loose though, but I suppose thats your preferance).

Paul
spug_myers said:
Robbo said:
Think i will try yours before i splash out mate if thats ok. I wont run off in them, promise Grin

Be warned, Joni's have been altered so that the heel is EVEN HIGHER THAN NORMAL.

When Alan tells you to add some heel on, you just find yourself walking to the cobblers.
just_t said:
http://www.sneakerfreaker.com/sneaker-releases/Nike-Romaleos-2...

never seen anywhere to get the romaleos in the uk though.....

FWIW, ive only everr heard bad things about the Nikes. Although ive seen plenty of people slate ironworks too and I love mine.
WILLSAN said:
http://www.sports-shoes.net

always had good service from this company.

I got mine from here, they were a good price and arrived in 2 days so would definitely recommend them.
What Cuddles said.
http://www.sports-shoes.net/

Cant make my mind up on the II's or III's on the site above.

The II's in silver look Cool ,but can get the III's for around the same price from another site
BlackKnight
The Ironworks 3's are ace. I got the 11's, same as my shoe size and they are fine-snug but fine and I've got wide feet. Sourced of a guy on ebay, very fast service. I wear them for everything-well I havent tried shagging in them (yet) but everything weight related and love 'em.Cool
Ironwork III's have been ordered from sugarrays. They were the best price so fingers crossed they dont take forever.

Thanks for the input guys
III's look like golf shoes.Unhappy
triplejumper said:

going for the cross fit market.
triplejumper said:

II's look like bowling shoes!
fact of the matter is they all look s**t

You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training VideosDo oly shoes really make a difference?
Return to top View Desktop Site