REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 418 guests
You are here: HomeForumBlackKnight → View All Posts

View All Posts: BlackKnight

» I saw Brian Shaw today (Go to post)17-05-2014 @ 13:25 
John said:I saw Brian Shaw in the flesh today.I always knew he was a big guy but in the flesh he a giant by god lol also shook hands with Mark Felix as he took my hand and it dissapeard lol.massive hand .

I took my lad to the Expo yesterday too. Met Brian and he was happy to sign a t-shirt and pose for a pic with him. Seems like a nice guy and he's one seriously big unit! Terry Holland did the same as well.
» No longer fat but still a gay, Scottish all round cunt (Go to post)17-08-2009 @ 09:19 
Not a happy day today, my little staff is clearly suffering and its come to the point I was dreading. Going to have to take her to the vets one final time.

Going to try and get the whole day off work to spend with her.

Gutted for you, Tony. Ive been through the same thing a few times over the years. Even though you know its the only option they are always very difficult circumstances to deal with, especially when you have kids too. I think its great you're going to spend some time with her.Unhappy
» The BIGapes Quest (Go to post)16-08-2009 @ 18:59 
b15ape1 said:
Hello readers sorry no posts this week have been away camping for the week in Anglesey should of posted this before i left but was rushing around like a blue arsed fly and forgot!!

We were caravanning near Trearddur Bay same week, where were you pitched?
» The Assassin (Go to post)07-08-2009 @ 20:17 
Huge pb on the bench-fantastic!
» Chris's Strongman Journey (Go to post)07-08-2009 @ 19:23 
Paul_D said:
Just a minor slip up mate, 220kg will be pulled soon, then 250kg for the comp! Grin . Just rest a bit man (few days, chillax).

Paul

Yeah-what he said!
» Tales from the stable..... (Go to post)07-08-2009 @ 17:30 
Post Edited: 07.08.2009 @ 17:30 PM by BlackKnight
Friday 8/8
Really not very good at all. Its hardly worth recording but for the integrity of this as an accurate training journal......
Deadlift
Warmed up with the bar for ages then,
60x5x5. Not moving well at all-dont know why?!
100x5-These should fly up-I can clean more than this but it feels sloooooww
130x2
150x1
170x1-wtf, feels like lead!
Thinks.. I'll drop down again
150x5-No better
170x feels welded to the floor!
Bin it.
However, this was supposed to be the last session for a week or so (we're off to Anglesey on Sunday). I dont want to end on a bum note so Im going to try again tomorrow....ever the optimist
» A doctor's routine (Go to post)06-08-2009 @ 22:25 
dr_hazbun said:
thanks for the ring suggestions lads! Kept it on today!

Conventional deads (these are part of the 'plan')

100x8
100x8
100x8
140x8
170x8

Feedback on these: apparently I sink too low at the start position ie hips are too low at the start ie I try to half squat the weight off the floor. I know why I do this, it's because I'm paranoid about using too much back . In fact I'm told by sinking too low I'm likely to use more back because the hips just shoot straight back up again before the bar moves. I'll film some convos and post them here for you guys to comment on them. I think they're ok, just need to start from a slightly higher position.

Bench:
warmups then 110x8x3sets

Pull-ups:
4 sets of 6

Hmmm, interesting analysis re the conv deads-its something that im guilty of at times too-look forward to seeing the vids for comparison.
» Tales from the stable..... (Go to post)06-08-2009 @ 12:03 
Finch said:
Nice log and a good read.
Good luck, I look forward to reading about your progress.

Cheers, ta!
» Tales from the stable..... (Go to post)05-08-2009 @ 22:29 
Wednesday 5/8
Bench
Warmed up with pressups, then:
bar x lots
60x5,5,5
80x3
100x2
120x1,1 Shoddy
130x3-Hit the target reps but not very convincingly
120x5 Loads better
100x12 reptastic-not sure where this came from, I would have been v.happy with 10

Military press
50x5
60x3,3,8,8,6,5. Lost the plot a bit here. Think I'll stick to higher weight and lower reps from now on-3's ought to do it.

Close grip chins
B/Wx4x8
Struggling by the last couple-aim for 4 sets of 10 over the next few weeks.

On reflection I think I should spend more time warming up thoroughly before the working sets. The experience with the bench tonight and in other instances in the past leads me to think that Im short changing myself sometimes when I reach pre-determined working weights befor Im ready for them. We'll see.Roll-Eyes
» Tales from the stable..... (Go to post)04-08-2009 @ 22:12 
richards9876 said:
Sounds similar to me - i am planning on doing them 3-4 times per week to work on conditioning and fitness.

Hoping that kettlebell training will also help me get a bit leaner.

When I was really into them I found double snatches (24kg per hand) and thrusters, again with 24kg per hand) were the daddy for intense workouts.
» Tales from the stable..... (Go to post)04-08-2009 @ 18:21 
richards9876 said:
How do you find kettlebell training?

Ive got a 16kg kettlebell on the way that should be here this week - i plan on doing 3x50 swings and turkish get ups but havent decided how many times per week yet.

I enjoy it which I suppose is good enough reason to use them.
I've used them more extensivley in the past for conditioning and fat loss-sure beats regular cardio for me.
I need to find a way to incorporate them which wont interfere with recovery from weights but which will help with general fitness and improving core strength.
» Tales from the stable..... (Go to post)04-08-2009 @ 18:08 
Tuesday 4/8
Core & conditioning
3x20x24KB Swings
6x20x32KB

3x8 Kneeling ab wheel rollouts-still sore from last week.

1x12 per sidex24KB side bends
3x12 per sidex32KB side bends

I've decided to tweak the weights sessions to a simple Squat day, Bench day and Dead day template from now on.
Same set/rep scheme and same targets-namely to regain lost strength in the short-medium term.
So Monday will be concentrating on Back squat with some front squat as assistance. Wednesday will be Bench with some Military press and chins and Friday will be Deads with power cleans as assistance. Still incorporate KB/core at some point. Keeping it simpleCool
» raw is power (Go to post)04-08-2009 @ 10:02 
ianshaw said:
yes i can
i do 3 - 4 days a week i train at 7pm until 9pm . i do chest and triceps on monday , legs on wednesday, back on friday.

chest day i do bench 5 sets start with 8 reps and when it gets heavy do 3 reps
do dumbell incline and flat then finish of with band training 5 sets of 5 reps

leg day squats start light to warm up on then do 5 sets of 5 reps with a 80% weight
then do leg press 5 sets of 5 reps
and ham strings and calves

back day deadlifts 5 sets of 5 reps
dumbell pulls and lat pulls

Appreciate that Ian. Sometimes you mix Bench in with legs and back-any reason for that?
» raw is power (Go to post)03-08-2009 @ 22:06 
If you dont mind Ian could you explain how you organise your training, routine, sets/reps etc?Happy
» The BIGapes Quest (Go to post)03-08-2009 @ 21:43 
dr_hazbun said:
b15ape1 said:

Angry doesnt work for everyone but it does for me

I get angry too - sometimes I bark out loud. love it.

Barking? Must try it!Cool

You are here: HomeForumBlackKnight → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions