» Sugden Barbell PB Chart (Go to post)20-08-2009 @ 12:40 
Carl said:
and the ironind axle is knurled

It's not knurled!!
» Poundstone 750lb Deadlift (Go to post)19-08-2009 @ 09:20 
nathan said:
Robbo said:
Tony said:

On another note about the suit, I would rather see it in a suit with no straps to be honest! Deadlift suits don't give you hardly anything! I get 10kg out of mine if I am lucky! I get more than 10kg out of using straps!

At last someone who agrees with me!

I do too! (now ive been converted to the way of the suit) Grin

obviously if you only getting just 10kg out your suit your not using your suit to the best of its performance so whats the point of putting it on.

id like to see if some people could do there equiped deadlift raw..

JUST MY OPINION

Simple answer really! the point in putting it on is to add the 10kg I spoke about! also it is not a tight suit as most deadlifts in strongman are for reps so you need to be able to breathe! I have enough trouble in my loose suit!

I'd never heard of anyone getting more than 20-25kg out of a suit so 10kg isn't that bad considering it is loose!

Shawn do you think it is more a confidence thing? maybe you could pull more without the suit just you feel much more confident with it on?
» WSM 09 (Go to post)19-08-2009 @ 09:13 
Right as far as I am aware the boat pull is like in 1999 when they did the boat up a ramp! I like the look of the events! just don't like it that there is no deadlift in the final! I think there should always be a deadlift or squat (obviously for me a deadlift being I am so s**t at squatting)

Muramets will be there! I heard a rumour he might be in my group!

It is in Valletta, apparently if you stay in Jullians bay which is nearby it is slightly cheaper!
» Carls Powerlifting Journal (Go to post)18-08-2009 @ 09:43 
Thing said:
terryhollands said:
Thing said:
interesting carl. wider grip than normal.

I would guess that is so he can keep the bar on his chest when he push presses!

would make sense in that case. i know that when i have the bar in that position with my normal grip its about and inch off the top of my chest.

I have been working hard on my flexibilty to try get it lower and have got it down to about an inch now! I used to be pressing from above my chin!
» Carls Powerlifting Journal (Go to post)18-08-2009 @ 09:31 
Thing said:
interesting carl. wider grip than normal.

I would guess that is so he can keep the bar on his chest when he push presses!
» Poundstone 750lb Deadlift (Go to post)18-08-2009 @ 09:24 
Tony said:
There is a deadlift suit taboo in this country in strongman and its crackers imo.

People are quite happy to use straps to get extra weight, cover themselves in tacky to lift bigger stones but if you put on a suit its cheating.

If you go abroad its pretty much the norm but over here they're rarely allowed. All were doing is handicapping our biys when they go abroad as they're not used to suited pulling.

I used to be VERY anti wearing suits when I first started strongman, then got to WSM in 05 and me, Kevin Nee and Dymek were the only 3 that lifted without them! I decided I was just hindering myself by not using one! If they are doing it in big internationals then why not in comps over here!

I think quite alot stems from Glenn banning them at UKSM but the only reason he did that is cause his body acts as a squat suit where he rebounds off himself.
» How far would you travel to train? (Go to post)18-08-2009 @ 09:15 
I do 40mins each way to train events twice a week! The rent is much cheaper down in Kent than up near London where I am! I would travel for at least 2-3 hours each way if it would help my training!!
» Poundstone 750lb Deadlift (Go to post)18-08-2009 @ 09:11 
FatHubble said:
terryhollands said:
FatHubble said:
terryhollands said:
I know the reps were 'bounced' but I can only judge it compared to what I can do! I would probably get 8 with 340 and my deadlift is very strong at the minute! It would take some serious doing 340 for 10.

FatHubble said:
Touch and go yes, last reps hitched yes. unknown with what training he had done before this set, Only belt and straps ( none of this deadlift suit s**te)..
340kg Deadlift for 10 reps...

In my opinion f**kin awesome!!!Grin

On another note about the suit, I would rather see it in a suit with no straps to be honest! Deadlift suits don't give you hardly anything! I get 10kg out of mine if I am lucky! I get more than 10kg out of using straps!

Suppose its all down to personal preference when it comes to what equipment to use when training. ive never tried a deadlift suit myself but when it comes to straps, for me, i could pull the same weights with or without them. Each to there ownGrin

A deadlift suit is nothing like a squat suit! It won't give you anywhere near as much! You could even pull the same number of reps and when hitching like Derek did??

Why would you wear it if you would do the same reps as if you was raw..
Not trying to start an argument or out like that. jus curious to why?

that wasn't what I said?? I said I get about 10kg out of my suit! I asked you if you could pull the same number of reps without straps as with them and especially when doing huge hitches like Derek did?? I personally find it is much easier to hitch a deadlift when you have straps on.
» UK's Strongest man (Go to post)18-08-2009 @ 09:00 
MattGriff said:
I don't think his deadlift was that good, he told me back in the forum in about 2007 (when did we train there jase?) that his best pull was 330.

For a 20+ stone bloke that is all over strongman as if he did something that is nay to much (not saying its a s**t pull) considering say Tels deadlift at a similar height.

Plus I know a few things about Frazer that most of you will not

I thought he was good for more like 350-360! which back then would've been really good. I'll take it back!! Yeah Frazer is a tiny bit taller than me!
» Poundstone 750lb Deadlift (Go to post)18-08-2009 @ 08:57 
FatHubble said:
terryhollands said:
I know the reps were 'bounced' but I can only judge it compared to what I can do! I would probably get 8 with 340 and my deadlift is very strong at the minute! It would take some serious doing 340 for 10.

FatHubble said:
Touch and go yes, last reps hitched yes. unknown with what training he had done before this set, Only belt and straps ( none of this deadlift suit s**te)..

Suppose its all down to personal preference when it comes to what equipment to use when training. ive never tried a deadlift suit myself but when it comes to straps, for me, i could pull the same weights with or without them. Each to there ownGrin

A deadlift suit is nothing like a squat suit! It won't give you anywhere near as much! You could even pull the same number of reps and when hitching like Derek did??
» Poundstone 750lb Deadlift (Go to post)18-08-2009 @ 08:36 
Post Edited: 18.08.2009 @ 08:37 AM by terryhollands

FatHubble said:

» cardio for strongman (Go to post)17-08-2009 @ 19:34 
anything that is maximum effort for 60-90secs is spot on, 500m on the rower abou 4-5 times, 400m sprints are great also as everyone said just run medleys!
» Poundstone 750lb Deadlift (Go to post)17-08-2009 @ 19:29 
I think that is one of the most impressive things I've seen from a strongman! I am praying he doesn't win this year though! I don't mind who beats him so long as someone does! Obviously I am hoping it is me

About the form thing I think most people generally lift the way their body allows them too! I am a poor squatter but have a very strong back and hamstrings so mine tend to be more stiff legged, I think it can be tweaked but generally you will lift it using your strongest area.
» UK's Strongest man (Go to post)17-08-2009 @ 19:21 
MattGriff said:
Nore does Frazer tranter - and he wasn't the best strongman either, or squatter, or deadlifter or anything really!!!!! How the hell he has gotten so involved or got so much cash from strongman is beyond me.

He was a pretty good deadlifter to be fair
» UK's Strongest man (Go to post)17-08-2009 @ 15:40 
VinnyfromCustardLand said:
MattGriff said:
Hmm I wonder if the 'comp for the fat irish blob, run by the fat blob, events by the fat blob and changes as per the blobs requirements' will take a turn for the better now the 'daddy' of Jabba the Hutt has had his kiester handed to him by a strongman who can actually walk rather than waddle around.

Wouldn't count on it! Didn't Terry win in 05? Nothing changed then.

I did and the following year the final was either bodyweight events or static! It will probably get much better or get much worse next year!

12345678910 ... ... 215216217218219220221222223224225

You are here: HomeForumterryhollands → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions