Who's Online - 1 member and 301 guests

Poundstone 750lb Deadlift

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

VinnyfromCustardLandIcon...17-08-2009 @ 21:02 
JEDWARD
Member 454, 980 posts
SQ 225, BP 170, DL 275
670.0 kgs @ 106kgs UnEq
I find form usually flies out the window when doing touch and go DL's.

Which brings me to another point why touch and go when your never going to be aloud to do it in a comp. Don't get me wrong it's impressive but purely an ego thing isn't it. I mean he couldn't have done that amount if every rep came to a dead stop. Maybe I'm missing something.

Like I said in an earlier post today I think he's a cock, which might also be clouding my judgement.
MrSmallIcon...17-08-2009 @ 21:25 
Gone and easily forgotten.......
Member 331, 22298 posts
SQ 185, BP 100, DL 230
515.0 kgs @ 85kgs UnEq
touch and go has its place, same thing as doing rack DLs to get you stronger on the full lift, touch and go, do more reps there, ultimately do more reps paused.
nathanIcon...17-08-2009 @ 21:26 
no longer sugdens strongest man
Member 455, 1336 posts
LukeC said:
JC said:
LukeC said:
Thats some impressive strength but I dont get all these strongmen with big deadlifts with god awful form. Makes me wonder what they could do if they improved it.

How many deadlifters have 'great' form when heavily fatigued/at max weight?

Not a high percetage I would imagine!

You are right JC, very few lifters have 'great' form when really pushing it. However there is a difference between using 'great' form and form good enough so its not likely to injure you.

i think derek would know what technique he should use to deadlift considering he f**ked his back up major a couple of years ago deadlifting so to be honest i think that form suits him and his back.

just my opinion

dr_hazbunIcon...17-08-2009 @ 21:36 
tabbouleh and fattoush salads were very refreshing
Member 267, 8548 posts
SQ 220, BP 165, DL 250
635.0 kgs @ 90kgs Eq
LukeC said:
I dont get all these strongmen with big deadlifts with god awful form. Makes me wonder what they could do if they improved it.

The answer to that question would be not any more.

Good form or bad, these guys are beasts. I really don't think they need tips on form when they've managed to get to that level of strength with the form that they have.
lil_leeIcon...17-08-2009 @ 22:00 
anti-social, except when needs help to put suit on
Member 607, 2803 posts
slightly dissapointed Unhappy amazing strength tho!

i dnt know wat i was expecting but the touch and go killed it for me then the last hitch... im not sure how it was possible! Grin
FatHubbleIcon...17-08-2009 @ 22:48 
a.k.a. Kick Ass Show Joe
Member 526, 1071 posts
Post Edited: 17.08.2009 @ 22:48 PM by FatHubble
Touch and go yes, last reps hitched yes. unknown with what training he had done before this set, Only belt and straps ( none of this deadlift suit s**te)..
340kg Deadlift for 10 reps...

In my opinion f**kin awesome!!!Grin
MrSmallIcon...17-08-2009 @ 23:02 
Gone and easily forgotten.......
Member 331, 22298 posts
SQ 185, BP 100, DL 230
515.0 kgs @ 85kgs UnEq
lil_lee said:
slightly dissapointed Unhappy amazing strength tho!

i dnt know wat i was expecting but the touch and go killed it for me then the last hitch... im not sure how it was possible! Grin

he did that in wsm 08 with the deadlift frame
nathanIcon...18-08-2009 @ 07:25 
no longer sugdens strongest man
Member 455, 1336 posts
FatHubble said:
Touch and go yes, last reps hitched yes. unknown with what training he had done before this set, Only belt and straps ( none of this deadlift suit s**te)..

i agree dont care how he did it he did it. just goes to show how strong he is. shame he's american though. and i love the poster of marius and him in the wsm stones final. good inspiration for him
andysmilesIcon...18-08-2009 @ 08:03 
naughty !!
Member 642, 2482 posts
SQ 204, BP 142.5, DL 260
606.5 kgs @ 86kgs UnEq
great video! proper power!
terryhollandsIcon...18-08-2009 @ 08:36 
9x WSM finalist!
Member 662, 3372 posts
Post Edited: 18.08.2009 @ 08:37 AM by terryhollands
I know the reps were 'bounced' but I can only judge it compared to what I can do! I would probably get 8 with 340 and my deadlift is very strong at the minute! It would take some serious doing 340 for 10.

FatHubble said:

On another note about the suit, I would rather see it in a suit with no straps to be honest! Deadlift suits don't give you hardly anything! I get 10kg out of mine if I am lucky! I get more than 10kg out of using straps!
FatHubbleIcon...18-08-2009 @ 08:51 
a.k.a. Kick Ass Show Joe
Member 526, 1071 posts
terryhollands said:
I know the reps were 'bounced' but I can only judge it compared to what I can do! I would probably get 8 with 340 and my deadlift is very strong at the minute! It would take some serious doing 340 for 10.

FatHubble said:

On another note about the suit, I would rather see it in a suit with no straps to be honest! Deadlift suits don't give you hardly anything! I get 10kg out of mine if I am lucky! I get more than 10kg out of using straps!

Suppose its all down to personal preference when it comes to what equipment to use when training. ive never tried a deadlift suit myself but when it comes to straps, for me, i could pull the same weights with or without them. Each to there ownGrin
terryhollandsIcon...18-08-2009 @ 08:57 
9x WSM finalist!
Member 662, 3372 posts
FatHubble said:
terryhollands said:

FatHubble said:

Suppose its all down to personal preference when it comes to what equipment to use when training. ive never tried a deadlift suit myself but when it comes to straps, for me, i could pull the same weights with or without them. Each to there ownGrin

A deadlift suit is nothing like a squat suit! It won't give you anywhere near as much! You could even pull the same number of reps and when hitching like Derek did??
FatHubbleIcon...18-08-2009 @ 09:04 
a.k.a. Kick Ass Show Joe
Member 526, 1071 posts
Post Edited: 18.08.2009 @ 09:04 AM by FatHubble
terryhollands said:
FatHubble said:
terryhollands said:

FatHubble said:

A deadlift suit is nothing like a squat suit! It won't give you anywhere near as much! You could even pull the same number of reps and when hitching like Derek did??

Why would you wear it if you would do the same reps as if you was raw..
Not trying to start an argument or out like that. jus curious to why?
terryhollandsIcon...18-08-2009 @ 09:11 
9x WSM finalist!
Member 662, 3372 posts
FatHubble said:
terryhollands said:
FatHubble said:
terryhollands said:

FatHubble said:

Why would you wear it if you would do the same reps as if you was raw..
Not trying to start an argument or out like that. jus curious to why?

that wasn't what I said?? I said I get about 10kg out of my suit! I asked you if you could pull the same number of reps without straps as with them and especially when doing huge hitches like Derek did?? I personally find it is much easier to hitch a deadlift when you have straps on.
TonyIcon...18-08-2009 @ 09:15 
Is partial to the odd bender.
Member 6, 10239 posts
SQ 280, BP 192.5, DL 317.5
790.0 kgs @ 102kgs Eq

At last someone who agrees with me!

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions