REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 179 guests
You are here: HomeForumRick → View All Posts

View All Posts: Rick

12345678910 ... ... 659660661662663664665666667668669

» The Assassin (Go to post)11-01-2007 @ 17:47 
No, it seems to be viral. After I logged off I suddenly got cold, and not even multiple layers of clothing and a fan heater trained on me could stop me shivering. That passed around 3:30am, when I suddenly woke up far too hot and had to shed two pairs of pyjamas (not entirely surprisingly, I was wrapped up like a mummy).

Today I have no symptoms other than some gastric distress - but I am s**tting frequently and liquidly, and feel bloody awful.

Very much doubt I'll be training tomorrow. Not even sure I'll be at work.

For f**k's sake.
» Hip Flexor/Ab Work Discussion (Go to post)11-01-2007 @ 17:45 
Originally posted by Rob...
Hip Flexor stretching, ab exercises which don't involve the hip flexors too much (i.e. pulldowns, hanging leg raises, hanging crunches, ab rolls). Definitely not the classic crunch!

I'm with Jonny on this - it seems to me that you've listed all the ones that involve the hip flexors most, here.
» The overtraining bible: a complete guide (Go to post)11-01-2007 @ 17:39 
Originally posted by littlegirlbunny...
no bad back pain Grin

Outstanding Grin.
» The Assassin (Go to post)10-01-2007 @ 19:19 
I'm going to work on the insomnia theory; I'm about to log off, whereupon I shall bath, eat something, and go to bed in my warmest pyjamas. (It's pissing freezing in here; the drawback of ~15ft ceilings is that the rooms are almost impossible to really heat.)

As any statistician knows, random events tend to clump in groups of two and three; so, hopefully, this is my lot for being sick and weak(er) for the next year or two.

Either that, or (judging from the state of the rest of teh forum) we've all got plague.

f**k.
» Living in a City (Go to post)10-01-2007 @ 19:15 
I love cities, especially this one. I grew up in a village of about 100 houses, two miles from the nearest shop (the post office in the next village) and less than a mile from Cannock Chase; I could walk out of the door and be among the trees in ten minutes.

We spent our holidays sailing, mostly along the basically-uninhabited west coast of Scotland.

It had its beauties, but cities - real cities, of which there aren't too many in Britain - are ALIVE. And this one... this one is mine. I knew it from the first day I arrived. I love it here.
» The Assassin (Go to post)10-01-2007 @ 19:01 
Oh for f**k's sake.

Slightly nauseous, headache, everything hurts. No way at all I'm squatting today.

Hopefully this is the upshot of a few days of pretty severe insomnia rather than the onset of ANOTHER f**kING VIRUS. It came on pretty suddenly after lunch (tuna salad).

Assuming so, I hope to be in on Friday to squat and latwork.

f**k.
» BWLA Rules (Go to post)09-01-2007 @ 20:05 
Yeah, they've just changed the rules (for IPF). Now the feet have to be flat on the floor, soles down, and cannot move at all; and, as Olly says, there's going to be a press command for pause.

As Rob says, you can put your feet up on a platform if you want, and indeed Jim Blanchflower, one of BWLA's biggest (in every conceivable sense) benchers does do this - several inches about floor level, in fact.
» Prehab Friday (Go to post)09-01-2007 @ 20:02 
The only prehab I have is a really thorough s**t to avoid disaster on heavy compound lifts.
» Purple Paul Naturally (Go to post)09-01-2007 @ 20:00 
BLOODY well done!
» Purple Paul Naturally (Go to post)08-01-2007 @ 21:19 
Nice benching!

I think you made the right choice to abandon what you thought was causing the BP rise (based on what you wrote on MT). Good on yer.
» concept 2 rowing times (Go to post)08-01-2007 @ 21:08 
Today, first attempt, flat out, 1:47 and a bit. This *will* improve, I have a feeling my technique sucks. I learned to row actual non-racing boats many many years ago, which is probably not helpful *at all*.

I know exactly what Jonny means - my ballbag is definitely in the way when rowing.
» The Assassin (Go to post)08-01-2007 @ 21:03 
Monday 8/1

The first in a series of attempts at 500m sprint interval rows. Managed the first one in 1:47, second one in 1:58 (well, I really only managed 460m of it, as for the last 40m I was rowing with just my arms. These are bas***d hard when you're not used to them). I suspect my technique sucks.

I would have done a third one, but I'm not ready to die yet. 10 minutes s-l-o-w-l-y on the elliptical to clear out the fatigue poisons, 20 minutes or so of stretching, and home.

Plan is to do these at least once/week and hopefully twice, non-training days only, building up fairly quickly to somewhat less sucky times and more rows - hopefully get to four/five fairly soon. Target for next time is three under 1:50, 2:00, 2:10 respectively, I think. I should hopefully improve pretty quickly since I don't do any sprint work at all atm.

Others who do these: how long are you resting between sprints? And what's the proper technique when you're rowing (eg, does one extend legs and then pull, or both together, that sort of thing)?
» The Assassin (Go to post)07-01-2007 @ 21:56 
Sunday 7/1

Wide Pulldowns 70x12

Bench 20x8, 60x5, 80x3, 100x1, 110x1, 120x2 (all paused), 100x10x2.

Only the second time I've managed to finish the second set, so pleased with that.

Incline DB Press 37.5x10,8

Only the second time I've got 10 out on those (the last being 8 months ago, after 100x6x2 on the bench!) I really wanted the second ten, but it wasn't going.

Wide Pulldowns 70x8, 91x10x2.

Wide Seated Rows 98x10x2

25 minutes on the elliptical, stretching.

Rather pleased with this, all in all.
» concept 2 rowing times (Go to post)07-01-2007 @ 00:07 
I'm thinking of starting doing 500m interval sprints, so "maybe".
» The Gay Injuries Thread (Go to post)06-01-2007 @ 19:52 
I agree entirely with Tokar's last post.

Joni - I didn't encounter this usage at all until I went into schoolteaching and started spending more time around much younger people. I think we have to recognise that to people around ten years younger than us - like Rob and Ollie - this word has a different meaning and context than it does to us. Language shifts.

12345678910 ... ... 659660661662663664665666667668669

You are here: HomeForumRick → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions