| David | BWLA Rules | 09-01-2007 @ 15:28 | |
I ♥ Dr. Gillian McKeith Member 17, 742 posts SQ 0, BP 180, DL 0180.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq | On the bench press do you have to keep your feet completely flat on the ground or can you lift your heels up and push on your toes? And how long is enough to be paused? | ||
| Cuddles | ... | 09-01-2007 @ 15:43 | |
Eat.Cycle.Sleep.Win Member 2, 12511 posts SQ 190, BP 150, DL 280620.0 kgs @ 99kgs UnEq Administrator | Well there's now a press command (load of bo***cks if you ask me), so I wouldnt worry too much about the pause, just practice with a command. Your feet cant move. You are allowed to build yourself a little platform, ie put them on a plate or something, but they cant move at all during the lift. | ||
| Rob | ... | 09-01-2007 @ 15:44 | |
Does f*ck all for SugdenBarbell.co.uk Member 1, 7174 posts SQ 182.5, BP 110, DL 205497.5 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq Administrator | The whole of your sole is supposed to be on the floor. Jim Blanchflower kind of got around this at the bench press meet by putting his feet on blocks (Rick was there so can tell more about this). The new rule this year is that the pause ends when the referee claps - I think about a second is enough in most cases, there's no time amount per se... just "distinct and visible" as far as I know. | ||
| mike_martin | ... | 09-01-2007 @ 15:46 | |
Member 14, 79 posts SQ 200, BP 150, DL 250600.0 kgs @ 128kgs UnEq | aye i think flat feet, the tip toe method allows the feet to get further back.which helps if you can do it. i sometimes do it when benching. when im feeling a bit weaker | ||
| Rick | ... | 09-01-2007 @ 20:05 | |
I am a bench-only guy Member 3, 10068 posts SQ 185, BP 175, DL 235595.0 kgs @ 140kgs UnEq Administrator | Yeah, they've just changed the rules (for IPF). Now the feet have to be flat on the floor, soles down, and cannot move at all; and, as Olly says, there's going to be a press command for pause. As Rob says, you can put your feet up on a platform if you want, and indeed Jim Blanchflower, one of BWLA's biggest (in every conceivable sense) benchers does do this - several inches about floor level, in fact. | ||
| David | ... | 19-01-2007 @ 13:52 | |
I ♥ Dr. Gillian McKeith Member 17, 742 posts SQ 0, BP 180, DL 0180.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq | Cool cheers everyone. Are knee wraps allowed in unequipped? | ||
| Cuddles | ... | 19-01-2007 @ 14:06 | |
Eat.Cycle.Sleep.Win Member 2, 12511 posts SQ 190, BP 150, DL 280620.0 kgs @ 99kgs UnEq Administrator | Im afraid not mate. Although I think you might be allowed knee sleeves. Dont quote me on that though! | ||
| Rick | ... | 19-01-2007 @ 22:59 | |
I am a bench-only guy Member 3, 10068 posts SQ 185, BP 175, DL 235595.0 kgs @ 140kgs UnEq Administrator | I'm almost completely certain that you're not. Although of course I may well be wrong! | ||
| Rob | ... | 19-01-2007 @ 23:16 | |
Does f*ck all for SugdenBarbell.co.uk Member 1, 7174 posts SQ 182.5, BP 110, DL 205497.5 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq Administrator | Doc D and Jonny Mills discussed this on MT a while back. The conclusion was that they aren't allowed. | ||