190kg x 4
190kg x 4
190kg x 5 amrap

Too tired for bent over rows
Few sets of biceps
Swinging on bar/grip work

Plenty stretching
» alternative we are (Go to post)27-07-2022 @ 13:21 
My dad kept complaining that he hasn't eaten cherries for 6 years, which is how long I was out of the UK for. I came back, netted it, suddenly we had cherries.

Pulled out some beetroot that didn't want to grow at all, then they suddenly grew and started to split. I'd bee watering them consistently, but I think the brocolli I pulled out had been soaking up all the moisture and blocking out the sunlight.

Put in a few runner beans and dwarf beans, but not too sure which ones are which so I guess we'll be finding out in a couple of weeks. One of them disappeared the day after I planted it, with just a stalk left. Snails, most likely.

Got more beetroots in trays, will plant them out in a couple of weeks. Found a fresh walnut from the front garden in one of my trays at the back. Mr Squirrel has been planting stuff again.
» Funky Monkey's big smelly log..... (Go to post)27-07-2022 @ 10:21 
Tuesday 26th July - 5 hours of very disturbed sleep, someone told me I was half asleep during the meeting with the CEO at work. Oops!

Back squat to 155 x 5, tough as boots. No more in the tank.

Sumo deadlift
187.5kg x 4 belted
187.5kg x 4 belted
187.5kg x 4 belted
Rest for 1-2 mins
190kg x 5

OH WG rows from floor
95kg x 6
105kg x 6
115kg x 6
120 x 6?

T-bar rows holding thicker end
40kg plus bar x 8r, 8l
50kg plus bar x 8r/8l. Right much harder

Hammer curls with fat grips
15s x 12
17.5s x 12
20s x 10

Monkey bars - there and back, fairly easy

Stretch
» Thor vs fury (Go to post)27-07-2022 @ 10:17 
Yet another payday for both. Fury's last purse against Wilder was guaranteed £4.4m. Fury does give a lot to charity, not sure if he donated his Wilder purse to fight homelessness. Even relatively smaller donations such as energy drinks to NHS staff. Financially not much to him, but it definitely shows his thoughtfulness towards key workers.
Thor will be ZERO issue for Fury with headwork and boxing skill. I'm sure Fury could end it within 30 seconds if he wanted to, including a ten count.
» Funky Monkey's big smelly log..... (Go to post)21-07-2022 @ 16:15 
Wednesday 20th July

Back squat to 155 x 5, tough, maybe another in the tank

Sumo deadlift, about 30 odd seconds rest between sets
185kg x 4 belted
185kg x 4 belted
185kg x 4 belted
Rest for 1-2 mins
185kg x 5 or 6 belted

OH WG rows from floor
95kg x 5
105kg x 5
115kg x 2-3, bicep felt funny

Few lat pulldowns, bicep felt dodgy

1 rep on bicep curl, 17.5kg, bicep felt dodgy

30mins of stretching, abs, swinging around monkey bars
» alternative we are (Go to post)18-07-2022 @ 10:34 
I noticed the price of milk crept up. I did a Google search and it said Tesco had 4 pints for £1.09! I clicked on it, and it brought me to Tesco's milk, priced at £1.45 per 4 pints.

Purple sprouting broccoli keeps bolting, pretty much not eating anything other than the stir-fried leaves. It's kept me occupied/entertained, but not fed. I think it' time to rip them out and throw them in the green waste bin. Beans can go in their place, and opens up room for the kohlrabi and beets. I could actually sow some more beets! Or I could save the space for a bit until my radishes that went to seed have fully matured seeds, that I can then plant in the broccoli space. Tough decision.
» alternative we are (Go to post)15-07-2022 @ 15:39 
Cucumber has starting growing fruits.
Courgette is also fruiting.
Carrots growing, still baby carrots but still.
Celery growing well, celeriac not getting so big.
Kohlrabi the size of eggs.
Purple sprouting brocolli keeps bolting - going from tiny to seed.
Planted 2 butternut squash seeds - might be a bit too late for them, but still
Planted more beetroot.
Rainbow chard still going strong
Lettuce growing well - cut about 1 head's worth of leaves and gave them to the neighbour
Waiting for black round spanish radish pods to dry seeds, so I can plant them in a month when it starts to get cooler
French string bean and dwarf bean seeds planted into modules a few days ago, still not seen anything germinate
» Funky Monkey's big smelly log..... (Go to post)14-07-2022 @ 10:04 
Think i hit a 155kg easy single the other day on squats, plus few sets of leg press, then did some other stuff which I've forgotten by now. Had a bicep/tricep session too.

Wednesday 13th July

Sumo deadlift, about 30 odd seconds rest between sets
180kg x 4 no belt or chalk
185kg x 5 belted

OH WG rows from floor
95kg x 8
105kg x 8
115kg x 8 UH grip

Seated rows
98.5kg x 8 with fat grips
98.5kg x 8 with fat grips
105kg x 5? 8?
Another set too?

Pullups with fat grips
8 - easy
8 - hard
5, plus another half
» World Deadlift Champs in one month - where's the hype? (Go to post)08-07-2022 @ 11:19 
Last year we had Asko Karu posting big numbers, Mehidipour (sp) hitting 470ish, Makarov hitting 490ish. This year, nobody has posted anything. WHERE'S THE HYPE?
» alternative we are (Go to post)07-07-2022 @ 05:53 
Dannyboy - I don't think you can freeze beetroot. I think the best method is to put them in boxes of sand. I'm sure you can steal some from work.

I've been offered a job that's 3 days a week, paying 24k a year. My current place offered me 26k for 5 days work. I might take the new job as it's only temporary, whilst looking for other work on the same hourly rate but full time. Need to get funds to retire early!
» Funky Monkey's big smelly log..... (Go to post)06-07-2022 @ 10:25 
Nothing logged for a month! Spent 11 days in Cyprus

Last week -
155kg x 5 back squat
170kg 4x4 deadlift 30 seconds rest
Bent over rows, no back or bicep pain
Seated rows
Hammers/triceps

This week
155kg x 6 back squat
175kg 4x4 deadlift maybe 60 seconds rest. Forgot chalk
Bent over rows
Seated rows to 90kg with fat grips
Hammers
Triceps
Kettlebell flips
» alternative we are (Go to post)05-07-2022 @ 14:14 
I was planning on having tons of gigantic beetroot pulled out of the ground months ago. I just thinned them out and pulled out the biggest ones, which still aren't as big as I would have liked. Will boil them up later, or maybe add with other veggies tonight to go with the roast chicken.

Pulled out the one lettuce I directly sowed at the back as it looks like it wasn't going to do much more with cut and come again, plus I have 10 more heads that I can start cutting leaves from in about a week.

Tomatoes have picked up again now I'm tickling the flowers to get them pollinated.

Might plant potatoes in buckets, or should I put the fennel in them?

About 10 celery plants in the ground now, chard coming to an end, will give them a couple more weeks of cutting then pull them out. I'll try daikon radish again, but will make sure the ground underneath is NOT hard. You could clearly see where the roots had hit the harder ground and looked like my gentleman's sausage when it's squished against my boxers.

Celeriac ready to get planted once I have the room, as is fennel.
» alternative we are (Go to post)29-06-2022 @ 09:33 
I was in Cyprus for 11 days. My Purple Sprouting Brocolli was just forming a head when I left. My dad claims to have watered my plants "once or twice" in those 11 days, and I made sure they were well watered before I left. I came back and it had flowered, and the ground probably drier than the dirt in Cyprus.

Tomatoes looking well - full of flowers that hadn't been fondled in order to get them to pollinate. The fruits that had set have grown nicely. Fed and watered them.

Daikon radishes barely grown - again, lack of water.

Rainbow chard - couple started to bolt - lack of water.

Beetroot not grown - lack of water.

Serves me right for going on holiday.
» alternative we are (Go to post)13-06-2022 @ 18:21 
dannyboy73 said:This whole working at home can only result is wages going down[

hope you get to get away with it though Wink

quote]Funky_monkey said:After looking at the daily growth of my daikon radishes, I've decided I won't be bothering with normal varieties any more. Tuesday last week they were the size of a cigarette butt, 6 days later they are the size of a large thumb, and lord knows how much is growing below the ground.

Might be going to Cyprus in the next couple of days - bit of time relaxing fishing, fixing the gym a bit (guttering and pouring some concrete for my gazebo underneath the grape vines). Have to see if I can convince my boss that I can work there, but there's no internet at mine so i might have to hang out at my neighbour's house and at my friend's house.

"My elderly gran has fallen over twice in the last week after an eye operation. Her vision is good in one eye so she has depth perception issues". İt's all true apart from the last week bit. She fell over twice in April. I'll be claiming about 5 hours work a day. Leaving Thursday night.

12345678910 ... ... 332333334335336337338339340341342

You are here: HomeForumFunky_monkey → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions