REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 172 guests

help me diagnose this pain...

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

haydnwardIconhelp me diagnose this pain...06-01-2012 @ 10:26 
Member 3148, 473 posts
SQ 180, BP 145, DL 210
535.0 kgs @ 87kgs UnEq
ok, started on tuesday, when i did my log/ press session. my elbows ached like f**k when i was training, asif someone had been arm baring me for an hour on each arm. it got to the point where i had to stop training. it wasnt pain, but just the constant aching that made me stop. the pain went after 20 mins of the end of the session. im in no pain now: i can happily prod, poke and squeeze all on and around my elbow and extend/flex my arms with no problems. at work, i decided to test my arms, see how they feel, i tried to curl a 40kg bar just afew times to see what a reaction my body would give and it just felt like the bar was heavier, asif i was tying to curl a 70kg bar (if that makes sence?).

from what ive read if its tendonitis the pain will be ever present, especialy when i poke and prod my elbows. so does anybody have any ideas, overtraining, over sressed the joints, etc etc?

ive been wearing my elbow sleeves yesterday and today for afew hours to keep elbow joints warm, what could my problem be and what measures should i take - avoid press training for a week, usual r.i.c.e? any advice would be helpful, as im getting ready to compete last thing i want/need is serious problems when im competing in march. thanks in advance guys.
hifiloverIcon...06-01-2012 @ 10:29 
Member 3241, 2043 posts
SQ 1, BP 192, DL 255
448.0 kgs @ 136kgs UnEq
I get this a lot and have found that Glucosomine with Chondroitin REALLY helps

I take 4000mg on training days and 2000mg on non-training days

Helps with the recovery for tendons and ligaments and also helps control the inflammation

I get the pain predominantly with heavy bench and heavy tricep work but never with bicep work etc...
PeteHodgsonIcon...06-01-2012 @ 10:42 
Has little understanding of the sugden
Member 677, 11338 posts
SQ 165, BP 125, DL 220
510.0 kgs @ 80kgs UnEq
Icing works if you keep dong it. I had excruciating tendonitis before christmas, I could hardly move my right arm. I iced for about 20 minutes at a time as often as I could for 2 days and took anti inflammatories. In 2 days I was almost back to normal.
davycummingsIcon...06-01-2012 @ 10:48 
he's got betty davis eyes
Member 1684, 6001 posts
SQ 250, BP 186, DL 291
727.0 kgs @ 118kgs UnEq
Is the pain in the inside of your elbow or on the outside.

Does it feel like it follows the tendon down the inside of the elbow joint?

If so, I have a somewhat recurring problem with it. I found taking cissus and having a couple of massages on the area helped a lot. For the massage, just general friction work up and down the tendon, working up the bicep to the shoulder.

Used tiger balm and elbow sleeves to minimise the pain until the treatment worked. Took 2-3 weeks. Went from not being able to press warmups to hitting PBs during that time.
haydnwardIcon...06-01-2012 @ 10:55 
Member 3148, 473 posts
SQ 180, BP 145, DL 210
535.0 kgs @ 87kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 06.01.2012 @ 10:57 AM by haydnward
cheers guys for the responces.

the pain is inside the actual elbow - its not like on the outside of the elbow or inside the crease, but more the core of the actual elbow. ill get the glucosamine and the ciccus and ice see if that helps.

its was just wierd because it didnt actualy stop me from pressing, its was just in the rest periods the aching would be soo bad i just didnt know what to do, it was bizzare!!!!
richieallenIcon...06-01-2012 @ 14:12 
Member 1381, 1240 posts
SQ 280, BP 165, DL 317.5
762.5 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
a really common pain bud amongst us in the strength game lol. i suffered with this on and off for a lomg time. finally went to see a chiro who trained at the gym i was training at... he said that where your muscles are getting bigger the nerves that run in and around them sometimes dont grow or stretch as fast..(at the time i was on a s**t load of gear and HGH). So i few sessions with him (for free lol) he put me on a type of medevil rack type machine. i think he called it decompression.. my problem was with the ulnar nerve that runs from the top of your spine,near your trap, down your arm to your little, and marriage finger... are you waking with those fingers numb if so.. that is your issue..the ulnar nerve is the one you sometimes hit and f**kin kills...or the funny bone..aint f**k all funny about it though..

hope this helps bud.. my advice would be to go and see a chiropractor.. best thing i ever did..
shortandmightyIcon...06-01-2012 @ 18:45 
Aiming for a 250 squat by the end of 2012
Member 1989, 3168 posts
SQ 240, BP 140, DL 270
650.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
Sounds like this is really common, I've been suffering with virtually the same problem. Although my pain is when I try to do any sort of overhead work with a normal bar. If I use dumbbells or a frame with a neutral grip it's not so bad, but it id holding back my pressing progress.
haydnwardIcon...11-01-2012 @ 07:40 
Member 3148, 473 posts
SQ 180, BP 145, DL 210
535.0 kgs @ 87kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 11.01.2012 @ 07:42 AM by haydnward
richieallen said:a really common pain bud amongst us in the strength game lol. i suffered with this on and off for a lomg time. finally went to see a chiro who trained at the gym i was training at... he said that where your muscles are getting bigger the nerves that run in and around them sometimes dont grow or stretch as fast..(at the time i was on a s**t load of gear and HGH). So i few sessions with him (for free lol) he put me on a type of medevil rack type machine. i think he called it decompression.. my problem was with the ulnar nerve that runs from the top of your spine,near your trap, down your arm to your little, and marriage finger... are you waking with those fingers numb if so.. that is your issue..the ulnar nerve is the one you sometimes hit and f**kin kills...or the funny bone..aint f**k all funny about it though..

hope this helps bud.. my advice would be to go and see a chiropractor.. best thing i ever did..

cheers buddy. im not always waking up numb, however on 2 occasions since the aching has started, if i lay on my arm, the wedding finger and outside part of my hand to the pinky goes numb/ pins n needles, tho that could be because im getting a heavy bas***d now lol but that sounds exactly like what your saying!
but definatly that would make sence from what you've said, time to find me a chiropractor and offer them some free pt's for their help lol.

thanks once again, to all you guys, just glad its not just me lol
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions