Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumNutritionguiness?

guiness?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

milsy said:
Haa I have heard the storys of a four pint postworkout session in the pub many a time along with lifters leaving a lit cig resting against the edge of the platform so they could ave a drag to recover from there set

That sounds awesome
Steve said:
But still good for you?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/3266819.stm

No, good for the group of dogs with a pre existing medical condition that were fed 24 fluid ounces of Guinness a day IN COMPARISON to the group of dogs with a pre existing medical condition that were fed 24 fluid ounces of lager per day.

Not a study I would give any weight whatsoever.
More nutritious than milk. FACT
GPs were one of their biggest customers for years due to the amount that was prescribed. Guinness used to produce special nursery rhyme books for GPs every Xmas as a thank you.
dr_hazbun
luke00 said:More nutritious than milk. FACT

Grin
luke00 said:More nutritious than milk. FACT

Even Mother's milk ?
I potentially have Haemochromatosis Guinness is a No No.
foxy
I've given blood numerous times back in Ireland, and there you will still have available to you bottles of guinness to help you recover, along with biscuits, crisps, chocolatey biscuits and lots of other s**te. Heaven forbid they offer an apple or some other toxic nonsense.
Even if every pint took a day off my life I doubt I would stop drinking it, love the stuff
mikiesb
it's true about guiness and pregnant women...

But how many have u have heard of nigerian guiness??

I am english.. but

http://www.drinksupermarket.com/guinness-nigerian-foreign-extr...

This stuff is less gassy, twice the strength, tastes better and gets me pissed quicker whilst having a good iron content !

Most nigerian drink this.. it is the real deal/not a wind up..
Is 20 pints of Guinness moderate Wink
A smart chap called Jordan Feigenbaum wrote an excellent series of articles about booze & lifting.

http://thefitcoach.wordpress.com/2013/06/03/booze-and-barbells...

I havent foudn time to read through it all yet, but I always wondered how exactly the calories in alcohol are metabolised.

But that is what it is, another energy source, and one that kind of behaves like carbs. Back in the old days, people used to eat poorly and suffered problems due to basic nutrition, just like you would find in somewhere like india now, back in victorian England people would have stunted growth and die early just because of basic nutrition issues.

Even in post war England food was a bit scarce for ages. I was talking to an older chap, and he was saying all the families had at least 10 kids back then, and it was typical for the only evening meal to comprise of bread with sugar sprinkled on top, jam was too much of a luxury.

In this world, any source of calories would do you plenty of good. Dont forget that carbs are protein sparing. If you have no energy source, you go into a catabolic state. Imagine being in that state for most of your life.
General_ill said:I potentially have Haemochromatosis Guinness is a No No.

No s**t. My brother has it, and I need to check if I may have it too.
VanillaGorilla said:
There's about 0.3mg of iron in a pint of Guinness. So about 30% of a single egg yolk.
The iron content of Guinness myth is just that. A myth.

What VG said - it's a load of s**t that idiots believe. "It's a meal in a glass." Fk off, there is next to no iron, the sugars are alcohol and it doesn't have protein, fats, vitamins or minerals in any substantial amount. It does taste nice with blackcurrant, which probably contains more nutritional value in 25ml as the pint of Guinness. It tastes nice, but that's about it.

In order to get enough of anything valuable from it, you'd have to drink quite a few pints, and so often that you'd end up with cirrhosis of the liver.

Have a pint of milk instead.
mikiesb said:it's true about guiness and pregnant women...

But how many have u have heard of nigerian guiness??

I am english.. but

http://www.drinksupermarket.com/guinness-nigerian-foreign-extr...

This stuff is less gassy, twice the strength, tastes better and gets me pissed quicker whilst having a good iron content !

Most nigerian drink this.. it is the real deal/not a wind up..

I actually have two Nigerian Export Guinness t-shirts.

You are here: HomeForumNutritionguiness?
Return to top View Desktop Site