Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitAlcohol and training

Alcohol and training

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Similiar answer to Fatsam.

From running clubs/bars for 4-5 years, when I'm relaxing I prefer to do it with some mates, some lps and maybe some dutch help but rarely booze.

Saying that I will still have a go at getting hammered for special occassion, 2 or 3 times a year but the heavier I got the harder that became. My irish liver plus 150kg was a barmans and my bank balance worst nightmare.
Steve
shaunclegg said:
Budweiser makes you pull snatches an inch higher.

I think most of the best weightlifters have drink problems
shaunclegg said:

If that's the case so will stale piss... and I'd rather drink the later.
i dont drink often and when i do its usially just a few pints.

when i went to spain last year i spent the whole week drinking (morning to night every day) and when i got back in they gym after i was weaker. that was when i was enjoying mong gains aswell and my strength was generally going up all the time very quickly.

i think its over reted anyway
shaunclegg said:

That's a good thing. I've always liked tall women Grin
BeastWithin
Alcohol is good for you. f**k science and reason. Drinking good scotch, prior to or after training, is good for you; slightly detrimental to be drinking it during training, but so be it, it'll put hair on your chest.

Shots of vodka or tequila will add kg's to your lifts. Fact.

Moderation is good, and makes perfect sense, in just about all aspects of life, but adherence to this sensibility is the oppression of the borderline insanity that is a testosterone fueled outlook on life - which, is one of your primary tools in achieving anything noteworthy.

If alcohol is detrimental to your health, it's not the drink that's the problem, it's your use of it. The problem is your mind.
Strong first post!

Did a good 4 years of not drinking. Don't drink often now and when I do it's rarely more than 2/3 pints unless it's a special occasion.
What is this alcohol your speaking of? Don't think I've ever had it! Roll-Eyes
I'm f**king hungover Unhappy
BeastWithin said:Alcohol is good for you. f**k science and reason. Drinking good scotch, prior to or after training, is good for you; slightly detrimental to be drinking it during training, but so be it, it'll put hair on your chest.

Shots of vodka or tequila will add kg's to your lifts. Fact.

Moderation is good, and makes perfect sense, in just about all aspects of life, but adherence to this sensibility is the oppression of the borderline insanity that is a testosterone fueled outlook on life - which, is one of your primary tools in achieving anything noteworthy.

If alcohol is detrimental to your health, it's not the drink that's the problem, it's your use of it. The problem is your mind.

I suspect this is an old friend who has come back to visit us.
I can't remember what it feels like to train on a Saturday morning without a hangover.

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitAlcohol and training
Return to top View Desktop Site