Who's Online - 3 members and 269 guests

COMMONWEALTH POWERLIFTING CHAMPIONSHIPS

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

throwerIcon...06-11-2011 @ 21:30 
percy
Member 384, 353 posts
SQ 250, BP 162.5, DL 287.5
700.0 kgs @ 88kgs Eq
Final date for confirming nominations and entries is the 23rd November.Any programme changes and a list of final entries will be available as soon as possible after this date.
Hotel rooms are now limited at the Village.Bournemouth has a large number of hotels and many offer rooms at reduced rates at this time of year.Early booking is advisable though, as pre xmas parties will be in full swing at this time and room availability may become more limited in the coming weeks.
The Championship Presentation Banquet is likely to get sold out soon so book early if you can.I do not want anyone to miss out and be disappointed.
Contact me directly if l can be of any help.
Regards to all,
Paul
01202 770894 paulrees@bournemouthbarbell.co.uk
www.bournemouthbarbell.co.uk Commonwealth Championship Coordinator
throwerIcon...17-11-2011 @ 21:36 
percy
Member 384, 353 posts
700.0 kgs @ 88kgs Eq
Not long now to the close of final entries with a list of lifters including any called up reserves and changes in bodyweight finalised.No changes to an elected bodyweight after this date(23rd November) may be made under IPF rules l believe.
Now finalising lists of spotters and loaders as well.Held a meeting at the Uni. yesterday with volunteer helpers ready to meet and greet and provide courtesy support.
The European College of Ciropratic Medicine(part of the Uni) will be manning a sports massage service as well for a small charge from anyone in need.
Parking on the Talbot Campus is free.All visitors to the competition will be allowed through security and will be able to park in a special area in the large car park at the rear of the campus.
Dylans, the student union restaurant/bar will be open from 8am until late each day and the Uni.shop will also be open from early hours.
Look forward to seeing as many of you as possible at the Championships.
Regards to all,
Paul
www.bournemouthbarbell.co.uk
throwerIcon...23-11-2011 @ 11:41 
percy
Member 384, 353 posts
700.0 kgs @ 88kgs Eq
Confirmation of entries close today.Richard Parker will be getting out the full list of final entries as soon as possible afterwards.Remember actual entries as against no of lifters could exceed 300.
Apparently there are more lifters from outside the home nations than from within.
Up to 80 rooms booked most days at the Village Hotel.Large groups and National Teams also staying at the Hotel Royale and the WOODCROFT TOWERS.
Transport plan is being finalised for transfer from hotel to venue and back for those needing it( small charge each way).Timetable/Programme to be published later this week (waiting on closing entry confirmation)
This is set out with Powerlifting starting each day at 10am -unequipped men-- Then ladies from early afternoon
and mens equipped starting at around 4pm.Finishing at 8.30.pm.Details out by weekend all being equal.Any concerns or further questions please do not hesitate to contact me directly.THREE WEEKS to go.!
Regards to all,
Paul
throwerIcon...26-11-2011 @ 11:24 
percy
Member 384, 353 posts
700.0 kgs @ 88kgs Eq
Richard is close to finalising the entries following closure of final nominations at midnight on Wednesday.The full lists of weightclasses/team lists will go up on the CPF web site and the EPA site as soon as possible.
Numbers still look very strong.We are currently organising the transport of a large number of people from the main Hotels.THE VILLAGE--ROYALE and WOODCROFT.
Probably a shuttle service starting at 7.25am(for those lifting first each day) on 53 seater coaches.
Timetable now finalised and it will be published with the entry .
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further advice.
Although all 80 rooms at the VILLAGE are being used certain one or two night occupancy is still available.Contact Carol Parker for futher information.
One of the biggest challenges faced by visiting teams is getting visas and clearing their and our immigration procedures.We have less than three weeks to go.
Regards,
Paul
cannings07Icon...27-11-2011 @ 18:30 
such a bitch
Member 797, 303 posts
SQ 225, BP 147.5, DL 237.5
610.0 kgs @ 80kgs UnEq
final nominations, programme, hotel details and bus timetable from Heathrow to Bournemouth are now on the club website. 328 Entries so I am told

http://bournemouthbarbell.co.uk/competitions/forthcoming-event...
throwerIcon...27-11-2011 @ 18:39 
percy
Member 384, 353 posts
700.0 kgs @ 88kgs Eq
Final nominations/entries,programme, will be posted on www.bournemouthbarbell.co.uk,EPA web site,Bournemouth "busport" University web site, and of course the CPF web site .
Entries appear to total 326.Obviously a few will drop out due to unforeseen circumstances(injuries-or visa problems etc) but the numbers involved are good.
We were prepared to handle 440 entries at BU.This positive entry does however allow us to only use one platform throughout.
Alister Cannings who has had to pull out due to injury will be posting the programme ,entry list,hotel info,and coach timetable from Heathrow to Bournemouth on the Bournemouth barbell site very soon.He should put a link on here.
Big thankyou to Richard Parker and Carol and the ever present work horse of our sport Fred Sterry for getting all this stuff ready.
Regards to all,
Paul
throwerIcon...27-11-2011 @ 23:33 
percy
Member 384, 353 posts
700.0 kgs @ 88kgs Eq
Steve Gibson makes it 332 entries and 254 individual lifters.I defer to his maths skills and welcome the number of lifters.We look forward to seeing all of them perform at the Championships in Bournemouth.
We will give any enthusiasts and fellow lifters who wish to spectate a warm welcome to Bournemouth University,Sport B.U.
Trade support will be present throughout the the 4 days of competition.Food and drink will be available at the University cafe and bar(DYLANS)from breakfast time (8am) each day until after 8pm.The on -site University shop will be open as well.
Regards,
Paul
throwerIcon...29-11-2011 @ 09:48 
percy
Member 384, 353 posts
700.0 kgs @ 88kgs Eq
The University Media School Student team are hoping to set up filming of the whole Championships.They intend to edit and publish soon after and make available via the University Web and on www.bournemouthbarbell.co.uk.We hope to post it on the EPA and CPF sites soon after.Live feed not possible for technical reasons(l am told?).
I have requested that the team put together a DVD of the Championships which will be put on sale after the event.
Championship programmes are about to be run off in the next few days by minutemanpress.Any volunteers or loaders or spotters wanting to be included please forward to me your details for inclusion.Criteria for acceptance of any offer to do these voluntary jobs has been laid out earlier.
Lots going on .Will try to keep you up to date on progress on the usual forums.
Regards,
Paul
paulrees@bournemouthbarbell.co.uk
throwerIcon...01-12-2011 @ 16:24 
percy
Member 384, 353 posts
700.0 kgs @ 88kgs Eq
Trade support for the Championships is looking good.LIFTBIG from London will be present on Saturday and Sunday.PULLUMSPORTS have booked 3 days (Thursday-Saturday) and offer a wide range of goodies for the serious powerlifter.They have supported www.bournemouthbarbell.co.uk events really well over the last few years.Thankyou.
SERIOUS SUPPLEMENTS will be present on all four days of the Championships.They offer ethical products of pharmaceutical grade.(They are the England and Championship main commercial sponsor.)
We anticipate another ,well known to Sugden fans ,supplier of strength training equipment(to be announced soon) will be involved.BLACKBURN DISTRIBUTIONS will provide a Tee shirt printing service (ie names) throughout.(personalised)
The University(aecc) Chiropractic practitioners will be available for SPORTSMASSAGE throughout also.They will be situated close to the warm up area.
Transport arrangements from the Hotels to and from the University will be published next week.
Regards,
Paul
throwerIcon...02-12-2011 @ 11:46 
percy
Member 384, 353 posts
700.0 kgs @ 88kgs Eq
Post Edited: 02.12.2011 @ 11:47 AM by thrower
Good news today.We WELCOME "STRENGTHSHOP" who will be offering a variety of strength items for sale at the event via a local agent.The will also be offering advice and guidance on their products and availability.
Richard Parker has made it clear to me that LIFTERS,REFEREES,OFFICIALS, TEAM MANAGERS AND OFFICIALS,and(NAMED)NATIONAL TEAM COACHES WILL TRAVEL FREE OF CHARGE TO AND FROM THE HOTELS AND UNIVERSITY if they decide to use the buses/coaches we will provide .
Spectators and fans and those not directly involved as above will be asked to pay a small charge each time they travel with us (probably £3)if there is space available(we are hiring 53 seaters ).
Local taxis(£12 for 4 people) and a regular bus service(£2 each way) operate to and from the locality of the Hotels and University from early morning every day.
First pick up by the Championship coaches/buses each day will be at 7.10am!!>>For those weighing in at 8am.Last morning coach will be at 10.30am.
Certified scales will be available for use in both THE VILLAGE HOTEL and the ROYALE HOTEL.
Official Programme being finalised this weekend now ready for printing on monday.
More info will follow.
Regards,
01202 770894
jtIcon...02-12-2011 @ 21:16 
old age traveller
Member 332, 7866 posts
I hope this is a great success

condensed programme (i think)

phil richard thursday

rob palmer and strong raw papua new guinea guy friday

dean bowring and ben banks saturday
throwerIcon...03-12-2011 @ 10:16 
percy
Member 384, 353 posts
700.0 kgs @ 88kgs Eq
Congress and Technical meeting will take place on Wednesday 14th December (late afternoon and evening).Setting up will take place on Wednesday evening.First weigh in on Thursday morning is at 8am.
Accreditation of GBPF/IPF affiliated coaches who wish to work with their lifters warming up MUST be requested from Fred Sterry,Richard Parker or Paul Rees at or before the event.
The warming up area may only be entered by Championship lifters,Officials,Coaches and University staff.BU security team will oversee this process and anyone not in the above criteria will be TOLD to leave the area in a FRIENDLY but firm manner.
I am sorry to cause anyone inconvenience regarding the above, but no exception may be made without permission from the named EPA officials.The process enables us to comply with insurance requirements for all parties involved in running the Championships and ensure the quality and safety of the warm up area for accredited lifters and coaches.
With 250 lifters involved with 330 or so individual entries you may understand the importance of this proceedure and practice.
We will appreciate your cooperation and support with this matter and I am sure we will not have to use the University security team (with appropriate help from the outside Authorities if needed) to help anyone not responding to our guidance on this matter.
We look forward to seeing as many of you as possible at this Championship in Bournemouth in ten days time.
Later next year we intend holding a Drug Free Ethos/Drug tested Strength and Power sports Festival at a near by very large facility and offer prizes(Cash and /or goods) to winners .
The sports involved should include Weightlifting-Powerlifting-Strong Man- Athletics Sprints 30M/Jumps/Throws Shotput.Natural bodybuilding.All round lifting ie.One arm challenge Snatch/C£J other arm/Deadlift -either left or right arm.Opportunities to do these activities are available or being developed at www.bournemouthbarbell.co.uk who hope to run this Festival.
More dtails to follow later in 2012( to take place after the Olympics).

Regards to everyone,
Paul
milsyIcon...03-12-2011 @ 17:33 
Ne n coner a fuickex .ay ouse part we .be
Member 1425, 4647 posts
SQ 340, BP 227.5, DL 335
902.5 kgs @ 125kgs UnEq
looks like its going to be an awsome comp who off here is going to be around and about on saterday as i am literally bricking it as im coming down and competeing on my own and dont know anyone lol
cooperpj01Icon...03-12-2011 @ 18:32 
ta-ra then
Member 564, 922 posts
SQ 220, BP 175, DL 285
680.0 kgs @ 74kgs UnEq
I'll be pal. Don't worry, we'll look after you!!
Carlin_Jones23Icon...03-12-2011 @ 18:38 
Member 2300, 126 posts
SQ 190, BP 150, DL 235
575.0 kgs @ 92kgs UnEq
I'll be around on the whole weekend I'm looking forward to 4days of lifting!

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions