Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitHow much can YOU bench??

How much can YOU bench??

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

My brother in-law is qualified as a personal trainer and it is a discussion we had over the weekend. They actually call a partial squat a proper squat and believe that "real squats" are bad for you and not necessary.
Dont surprise me mate, a lad i know in my gym says he doesnt go ass to grass coz he couldnt get up Confused

I got told today i cheat coz i eat eggs and drink supplements Confused

Just proving most norms are ignorant and thick as pig s**t
Namonster said:My brother in-law is qualified as a personal trainer and it is a discussion we had over the weekend. They actually call a partial squat a proper squat and believe that "real squats" are bad for you and not necessary.

what about the holy grail, box squats
Eek
BOX SQUATS.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_AXp_wunFm5I/SeiMepCtRNI/AAAAAAAAAE4/...

DO THEM
bignige1986 said:I got told today i cheat coz i eat eggs and drink supplements Confused

Are you sure it was because of the eggs lol?

"Norms", or infidels as I thought you would refer to them.
Namonster said:
Are you sure it was because of the eggs lol?
"Norms", or infidels as I thought you would refer to them.

lolz
Duncan said:
what about the holy grail, box squats
Eek

A what?
jrepp
Most guys I speak to say they don't squat or deadlift because they have bad knees or a bad back.They seem to be ok to train through a bad shoulder injury or elbow problem tho.
jrepp said:Most guys I speak to say they don't squat or deadlift because they have bad knees or a bad back.They seem to be ok to train through a bad shoulder injury or elbow problem tho.

Ha ha, yes, I agree whith this. They are everywhere. Sat rubbing their sore shoulder after bench and telling me they cant deadlift because of their back.

The bench thing is most likely what others have said. Its not as hard as squats and deadlifts, so more people do it. It is also a lift that most people who rarely train will do, and the one that teenagers will do in their bedroom with their cheap plastic coated York weights (or was that just me?)

Recently though it I have gotten more of "How much can you lift" which I never really know how to answer. Is it ok to give them my 20" rack pull with straps number? Happy
Because it's probably the lift most people who lift weights have in common.
Post Edited: 09.03.2011 @ 19:10 PM by Frio3535
A child squats ATG to pick up something.

Personal trainer < child
Post Edited: 09.03.2011 @ 19:19 PM by JamesH
Duncan said:
its the better chest developer. all the mass, no hardworkGrin
thats what i would be doing if i was a bb

I think a few have taken that approach and found it lacking, like this guy...

Disclaimer: I am not for any tiny fraction of a moment equating him with an actual bodybuilder.

None of the hard work, none of the mass and, quite frankly , deluded.

Still, he says the chicks dig him.
just say you can bench 150kg and the asker will probabley tell you about his mate benching 200. or not beleive you, but who cares. whats he gonna d ask you for a video? Embarassed
jrepp
shaunclegg said:just say you can bench 150kg and the asker will probabley tell you about his mate benching 200. or not beleive you, but who cares. whats he gonna d ask you for a video? Embarassed

When I was asked what I benched the guy who asked me replied that his big brother benches 220kgs in his bedroom.I asked what kind of weights and bench he had and it was those plastic weights and crappy bench that you get when your a kid lol.

All they care about is bench numbers tell them you bench 4 plates and they think your a monster but tell them you deadlift 400k and they look bored.
Frio3535 said:A child squats ATG to pick up something.

Personal trainer < child

My 3yr old son squats like Dimas when he's picking his toys up off the floor. Cute as f**k. I don't want him to grow up. Unhappy

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitHow much can YOU bench??
Return to top View Desktop Site