Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumNutritionProtein Intake on an average day

Protein Intake on an average day

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

mishima said:
I find it funny how one simple thing like a barbell can lead to so many different paths.
Most unclued people will think of this "tanned muscles growing garden man" as the ultimate goal for us while we dont actually give a toss.Confused

lol

theres this guy at y uni gym who cant seem to work this out

he keeps telling me to go to failure and do assisted reps and more reps per set

do'h
Baz

I get that sometimes too, other day I was squating sharing the rack with someone and he said 'so how many reps do you do' I said im doing 5 by 5, '5? thats too low isn't it? you should do higher' I said im interested in getting strong, 'and low reps will do that?' yea i said even doin 3, 2 or single reps will get you strong, 'sounds too dangerous to me'.... What do you say to that?Confused
Baz said:

'sounds too dangerous to me'.... What do you say to that?Confused

Use your french and freak him out or make him die laughing

Grin
Baz
Use your french and freak him out or make him die laughing

ok next time i'l say,

Je ris face au danger
Baz said:

I get that sometimes too, other day I was squating sharing the rack with someone and he said 'so how many reps do you do' I said im doing 5 by 5, '5? thats too low isn't it? you should do higher' I said im interested in getting strong, 'and low reps will do that?' yea i said even doin 3, 2 or single reps will get you strong, 'sounds too dangerous to me'.... What do you say to that?Confused

I'm constantly amazed at the level of ignorance of strength training in my gym - in the staff, let alone the punters. They look at my routines as if they are sorcery.

A lad of 18-19 who trains at my gym and seems interested in strength training asked me for a routine to try. I wrote some out for him but recommended a 5 X 5. A couple of days later, one of the trainers said he was going to try the 5 X 5 as well. So I was surprised to see him doing curls, triceps pushdowns etc. It turns out that he's doing the 5 X 5 in the morning and then the rest of his muscles in the evening. Roll-Eyes He's a nice guy, but it reminded me why I stopped writing routines for people.
Beginners often tend to buy protein supps and end up with a diet thats far too protein heavy in relation to carbs.
Baz
lol Paul is that you steering the thread back to protein Happy
Here's a question for you (or anyone)then, how much is too much? Not in relation to performance but a health thing. Ultimately too much protein and you could poison yourself but how much do you think you would need to eat to get there? Could you actually do it or is it extremely unrealistic?
I am not sure you'd poison yourself as protein can be used for energy all be it not the prefered source of fuel. I think by increasing protein massively you'd have a big imbalance as your carbs and/or fat intake would have to drop. Your micronutrient intake would also suffer due to this imbalance
Baz
lol Paul is that you steering the thread back to protein Happy
Here's a question for you (or anyone)then, how much is too much? Not in relation to performance but a health thing. Ultimately too much protein and you could poison yourself but how much do you think you would need to eat to get there? Could you actually do it or is it extremely unrealistic?
Not if you ate plenty of fruit and veg and good fats. Lots of carbs done't contain all that many micronutrients e.g. rice, pasta, potatoes. How much is too much - no answer.
How many micronutrients are in chips?
little_a said:

little_a said:

plenty in microchips

Happy
Carl said:
little_a said:

per chip or per portion? Surley it's more if they're cooked in Traxx?
no, a chip is a chip

4 macros per portion

You are here: HomeForumNutritionProtein Intake on an average day
Return to top View Desktop Site