REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 148 guests

Falklands - here we go again?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

little_aIconFalklands - here we go again?26-10-2010 @ 10:27 
still a devious weightlifting bastard
Member 43, 14374 posts
GB - massive cuts in spending including defence as it's announced that Argentina has doubled their military budget. Wonder if they'll be buying any guns and stuff off the UK?
Pffft.
goodwinmIcon...26-10-2010 @ 10:35 
a PB is a PB !
Member 539, 1086 posts
little_a said:GB - massive cuts in spending including defence as it's announced that Argentina has doubled their military budget. Wonder if they'll be buying any guns and stuff off the UK?
Pffft.

Yeah we are going to be invaded soon.
nathanIcon...26-10-2010 @ 10:40 
no longer sugdens strongest man
Member 455, 1336 posts
all part of the master plan
china will be the superior country soon america have lost there power
PompyIcon...26-10-2010 @ 10:48 
My opinions have run their course
Member 694, 3112 posts
Post Edited: 26.10.2010 @ 10:48 AM by Pompy
All it will take is another military junta in power and it will happen.

The people of Argentina believe the Falklands belong to them, they support invasion. The military might have increased spending but they are still relatively unskilled.

Given how stretched the Royal Marines are in Afghan and the state of the Navy (trust me I can see half the surface fleet out of my window as I type!), we could be in the s**t.

By the start of the year there will be no working UK capability to deliver aircraft strike anywhere, at all. HMS Illustrious is in refit and doesn't even come out until February (never mind working up), HMS Ark Royal is being mothballed immediately. We could maybe drop a few thousand Royals on the Falklands but given how important the air/sea battle was last time, we might be f**ked.
GATESIcon...26-10-2010 @ 11:00 
What's your thoughts on one legged drills?
Member 1725, 4343 posts
SQ 250, BP 125, DL 272.5
647.5 kgs @ 111kgs UnEq
marines are coming out of afgan at the moment as 2 and 3 para go in
nathanIcon...26-10-2010 @ 11:00 
Member 455, 1336 posts
no one wud try and take our country because we aint got fook all just a bunch of footy mad beer drinking benefit cheats so why wud anyone want this place they can bomb it instead and it wud make it better

afganistan war was a load of bo***cks anyway what have we got from it apart from dead soldeirs that didnt need to die same as the irag war.

we were meant to help the country and instead we kill and rape there people and become worse than when sadam was in power.

sorry if im ranting but its all a load of bo***cks and i feel sorry for the soldiers who belive they are fighting for a cause.

9/11 was a load of bo***cks and no excuse to go to war
tz1127Icon...26-10-2010 @ 11:12 
Member 1419, 2281 posts
SQ 175, BP 105, DL 240
520.0 kgs @ 82kgs UnEq
nathan said:no one wud try and take our country because we aint got fook all just a bunch of footy mad beer drinking benefit cheats so why wud anyone want this place they can bomb it instead and it wud make it better

afganistan war was a load of bo***cks anyway what have we got from it apart from dead soldeirs that didnt need to die same as the irag war.

we were meant to help the country and instead we kill and rape there people and become worse than when sadam was in power.

sorry if im ranting but its all a load of bo***cks and i feel sorry for the soldiers who belive they are fighting for a cause.

What sort of A-rab or communist are you?
nathanIcon...26-10-2010 @ 11:18 
Member 455, 1336 posts
tz1127 said:
What sort of A-rab or communist are you?

i aint either
PompyIcon...26-10-2010 @ 11:22 
My opinions have run their course
Member 694, 3112 posts
Post Edited: 26.10.2010 @ 11:23 AM by Pompy
nathan said:no one wud try and take our country because we aint got fook all just a bunch of footy mad beer drinking benefit cheats so why wud anyone want this place they can bomb it instead and it wud make it better

hmmm...
i don't think anyone's suggesting someone wants to invade the UK, but I'd agree there's not a great deal to gain it's not like we're bursting with natural resource, neither are we a great tactical location.

I don't know that there is much evidence of HM Forces raping afghan/iraqi civilians. I'd agree it might be likely to have happened at some point I don't think it's viewed as a routine occurence by British soldiers/marines.

Soldiers don't believe they are fighting for a cause, they just fight for each other there is a massive difference (and obviously I'm generalising). But I don't believe a soldier 4 week into a patrol in Afghan is thinking about British foreign policy, more about keeping himself and his comrades alive.

9/11 wasn't a load of bo***cks.... but the war on Afghanistan was rushed afterwards and we are seeing the results or lack of now.

And to GATES there are 4 or 5 naval air squadrons in afghanistan now and yes I think the royal marines are winding down now.
nathanIcon...26-10-2010 @ 11:33 
Member 455, 1336 posts
Pompy said:
hmmm...

I don't know that there is much evidence of HM Forces raping afghan/iraqi civilians. I'd agree it might be likely to have happened at some point I don't think it's viewed as a routine occurence by British soldiers/marines.

it happened in vietnam and most wars it happens. theres a report out stating its happened in iraq and afganistan.

Pompy said:

Soldiers don't believe they are fighting for a cause, they just fight for each other there is a massive difference (and obviously I'm generalising). But I don't believe a soldier 4 week into a patrol in Afghan is thinking about British foreign policy, more about keeping himself and his comrades alive.

totally agree with this i suppose they are just doing there job and paying the bills some of them

Pompy said:

9/11 wasn't a load of bo***cks.... but the war on Afghanistan was rushed afterwards and we are seeing the results or lack of now.
And to GATES there are 4 or 5 naval air squadrons in afghanistan now and yes I think the royal marines are winding down now.

to many coincidences happened on that day of 9/11 and to many witness and videos stating it was a load of bo***cks and america did it to them selves to to justify the war on irag afganistan
Col_AustinIcon...26-10-2010 @ 11:33 
99.8 340/220/335 895
Member 1002, 1560 posts
nathan said:
no one wud try and take our country because we aint got fook all just a bunch of footy mad beer drinking benefit cheats so why wud anyone want this place they can bomb it instead and it wud make it better

If you feel that strongly, why don't you emigrate?
nathanIcon...26-10-2010 @ 11:34 
Member 455, 1336 posts
Post Edited: 26.10.2010 @ 11:37 AM by nathan
Col_Austin said:
If you feel that strongly, why don't you emigrate?

when i have the money i will and gotta convince the misses its better for the children education and welfare
GATESIcon...26-10-2010 @ 11:35 
What's your thoughts on one legged drills?
Member 1725, 4343 posts
SQ 250, BP 125, DL 272.5
647.5 kgs @ 111kgs UnEq
three of my mates just gone out to afgan last week there 3 para, i wish i was still in the forces
IainKendrickIcon...26-10-2010 @ 11:37 
some nice relaxing jazz.
Member 77, 12599 posts
SQ 265, BP 165, DL 280
710.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
nathan said:
to many coincidences happened on that day of 9/11 and to many witness and videos stating it was a load of bo***cks and america did it to them selves to to justify the war on irag afganistan

No there is too many people taling bo***cks on the internet.. as per normal.

I am just glad I am wearing my foil hat so the lizards won't get me!!! Tongue
nathanIcon...26-10-2010 @ 11:38 
Member 455, 1336 posts
IainKendrick said:
No there is too many people taling bo***cks on the internet.. as per normal.
I am just glad I am wearing my foil hat so the lizards won't get me!!! Tongue

lol thats david icke mate and its reptilians that will read ur mind

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions