Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitHas anyone tried

Has anyone tried

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

SteBennett
The proposed 500kg routine used by Eddie hall in his build up.
Been thinking of using it to peak just wondering if anyone has had any success with it?
AdamT
SteBennett said:The proposed 500kg routine used by Eddie hall in his build up.
Been thinking of using it to peak just wondering if anyone has had any success with it?

I haven't but I know he alternates heavy with speed. I think it could definitely work for sure.

I'm doing Texas method now, instead of doing 1x5 with deadlift, I'm going to do his program.
Do you have a link to it please mate?
AdamT
The_Lone_Wolf said:Do you have a link to it please mate?

https://www.tmuscle.co.uk/threads/eddie-hall-training-program-for-h...
That's copied off my sudden thread!

http://www.sugdenbarbell.co.uk/forum/Eddie-Halls-Program-for-t...
mark_f1
I tried it last year before Yorkshire's and it brought my deadlift back up to my best - Although I kept failing the target wait (260) unfortunately but it got me close.

I found the 1st week the hardest, 3x10 was awful.
IrishMarc
looks like a decent routine, think alternating heavy and light weeks on deadlift is a great way of doing it
SteBennett
mark_f1 said:I tried it last year before Yorkshire's and it brought my deadlift back up to my best - Although I kept failing the target wait (260) unfortunately but it got me close.

I found the 1st week the hardest, 3x10 was awful.

I asked you the other day how you found it and you didn't answer you ignorant git haha
edi86
Followed it to a T last year and only got 10kg I found it not heavy enough but am not advanced lifter so can see why it would be good if based around an already big max with a lot of lighter weeks
SteBennett
edi86 said:Followed it to a T last year and only got 10kg I found it not heavy enough but am not advanced lifter so can see why it would be good if based around an already big max with a lot of lighter weeks

10kg over 8 weeks isn't too bad I don't think
I tried it, but got very little out of it. Just not enough volume for me.
BrenWad
SteBennett said:The proposed 500kg routine used by Eddie hall in his build up.

Is Daz gonna give it a go also?
SteBennett
BrenWad said:
Is Daz gonna give it a go also?

Daz?
edi86
Post Edited: 10.09.2017 @ 10:23 AM by edi86
SteBennett said:
10kg over 8 weeks isn't too bad I don't think

Fair point but I think this was due to the lack of deadlift volume allowing me to hammer squats more ie more volume and intensity, which may be related
AdamT
My deadlift goes up when I do much less deadlifting and more squats.

Deadlift can f**k off.
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitHas anyone tried
Return to top View Desktop Site