Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitRaw vs equipped strongman???

Raw vs equipped strongman???

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

vigor5
Few days ago we have seen the NEW WORLD RECORD STONE OF STEEL 183 kg lifted by ERIC DAWSON, without tacky and sleeves, only chalk allowed.

Now we have stonelifting record with tacky and sleeves (252 kg, Brian Shaw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69m9QvTogMg ) and record 183 kg with only chalk on hands.

Is strongman going towards it's equipped version, similar as powerlifting?

Any opinions?
I believe inzer are pioneering a multi ply fingals finger suit
ChrisMcCarthy
I always though Fingal's Fingers would be an excellent application for the Board Helmet.
Hasnt it always been equipped?
Looks like everyone is wearing a supersuit & straps for silver dollar deadlift in 1983?
vigor5
Shall we have raw and equipped divisions?
scruffmcbuff
Oh dear! i shall sit this one out lads!
Mikeneto
They should get rid of suits. No one even cares about equipped lifting in powerlifting anymore.

All the big names are competing in 'raw'...only CYC was left and I am pretty sure he is injured/retired
AdamT
Take suits away, then Shaw wins deadlift easy. Better keep suits, to make that event competitive.
vigor5 said:Few days ago we have seen the NEW WORLD RECORD STONE OF STEEL 183 kg lifted by ERIC DAWSON, without tacky and sleeves, only chalk allowed.

Now we have stonelifting record with tacky and sleeves (252 kg, Brian Shaw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69m9QvTogMg ) and record 183 kg with only chalk on hands.

Is strongman going towards it's equipped version, similar as powerlifting?

Any opinions?

i'm sure brian shaw isn't getting 70kg out of tacky and sleeves.
AdamT said:Take suits away, then Shaw wins deadlift easy. Better keep suits, to make that event competitive.

Just like he did in worlds and arnolds this year where they didnt allow suits?

Oh wait, no, the same man beat Brians deadlift in both of those comps. You know the guy, he is the same Beast who speed repped a new WR and then pulled 500kg afterwards.
AdamT
KevC86 said:
Oh wait, no, the same man beat Brians deadlift in both of those comps. You know the guy, he is the same Beast who speed repped a new WR and then pulled 500kg afterwards.

Did Ed not wear a suit at WSM??
AdamT
KevC86 said:

Did he beat Brian at Worlds this year? I thought they were joined first!
I don't like suits being used for squats.
JackRevans said:
I believe inzer are pioneering a multi ply fingals finger suit

And a forward hold suit.
LaTuta
KevC86 said:

Remember Brian wasn't allowed to go for another attempt.He would have beaten Ed easily.
Just compare their two lifts.
Also one could wear a deadlift suit at worlds.
And they still got joint 1st place.

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitRaw vs equipped strongman???
Return to top View Desktop Site