REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 404 guests

2016 Arnold Strongman Competitors?

Users viewing topic: & 2 Guests

12345678910 ... ... 4748495051525354555657

Brad_PittIcon...09-03-2016 @ 16:47 
Celeb council gutter cleaner
Member 666, 67 posts
staticcrossfit1 said:Whats up "Brad Pitt" ?

Nothing buddy.
staticcrossfit1 said:
True story !. If Kaz would be born 20 years later...

He wasn't, so it can't be true. I found that funny. Don't sweat it. The Mrs is off out and I have to mind the kids. Later.
staticcrossfit1Icon...09-03-2016 @ 16:56 
Member 6001, 36 posts
My english isn't perfect if I am lithuanian.

How can I delete my account ?
I think I am wrong here .
staticcrossfit1Icon...09-03-2016 @ 17:08 
Member 6001, 36 posts
Today I asked Z.Savickas personally:
Are you the strongest man ever for maximum strength or Brian Shaw or Eddie Hall ?

His answer was:
It is very simple. Think about what happened last 10 years.

Does he mean that he is The Strongest Ever for MAX Strength?
LegendHowesIcon...09-03-2016 @ 17:10 
500. Its gonna happen
Member 4329, 300 posts
SQ 120, BP 115, DL 175
410.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
Is this your imaginary friend
drex50Icon...09-03-2016 @ 17:11 
It's a moonface era now.
Member 5901, 956 posts
staticcrossfit1 said:Today I asked Z.Savickas personally:
Are you the strongest man ever for maximum strength or Brian Shaw or Eddie Hall ?

His answer was:
It is very simple. Think about what happened last 10 years.

Does he mean that he is The Strongest Ever for MAX Strength?

ask him for training videos
MJGIcon...09-03-2016 @ 17:14 
Member 5560, 769 posts
Shaw's just put a post on Instagram. Basically Z called him out on his hamstring injury and this was Shaw's response.

"Maybe someday everyone will realize what kind of a person Zydrunas really is. I guess he needs to make comments like this to make himself feel better. He is really going to question if I injured my hamstring? Come on man. After the Arnold I shook his hand and congratulated him even though the events in the contest have been changed year after year to help him remain competitive. Why do you think I had to set the stone record outside of the contest? The answer is because if they put the stone event in the contest Zydrunas wouldn't compete. He knows that he got extremely lucky to win the Arnold and even with the events being set up for him that won't happen again. #truth"

Pretty much mirrors what I've said about the changing of events at Arnold's to suit Z. I wonder if this is why grip is tested at WSM anymore either? It's a shame if one competitor is trying to hold the sport to ransom. Hasn't it been said Capes used to do something similar?

That aside I don't think Shaw's hamstring was particularly badly injured either and he should have won Arnold's from his position after the first day.
staticcrossfit1Icon...09-03-2016 @ 17:17 
Member 6001, 36 posts
LegendHowes said:Is this your imaginary friend

I guess you have to many imaginary friends ;-).

It is not unreal to train in his gym !!!
We aren not friends !
Or should a gymowner necessary be a friend ???

I AM OFF this site.
drex50Icon...09-03-2016 @ 17:19 
It's a moonface era now.
Member 5901, 956 posts
staticcrossfit1 said:

I AM OFF this site.

why
drex50Icon...09-03-2016 @ 17:20 
It's a moonface era now.
Member 5901, 956 posts
MJG said:Shaw's just put a post on Instagram. Basically Z called him out on his hamstring injury and this was Shaw's response.

"Maybe someday everyone will realize what kind of a person Zydrunas really is. I guess he needs to make comments like this to make himself feel better. He is really going to question if I injured my hamstring? Come on man. After the Arnold I shook his hand and congratulated him even though the events in the contest have been changed year after year to help him remain competitive. Why do you think I had to set the stone record outside of the contest? The answer is because if they put the stone event in the contest Zydrunas wouldn't compete. He knows that he got extremely lucky to win the Arnold and even with the events being set up for him that won't happen again. #truth"

Pretty much mirrors what I've said about the changing of events at Arnold's to suit Z. I wonder if this is why grip is tested at WSM anymore either? It's a shame if one competitor is trying to hold the sport to ransom. Hasn't it been said Capes used to do something similar?

That aside I don't think Shaw's hamstring was particularly badly injured either and he should have won Arnold's from his position after the first day.

its a war going on here
staticcrossfit1Icon...09-03-2016 @ 17:20 
Member 6001, 36 posts
LegendHowes said:Is this your imaginary friend

I guess you have to many imaginary friends ;-).

It is not unreal to train in his gym !!! We aren not friends ! Or should a gymowner necessary be a friend ???

I AM OFF this site.
KevC86Icon...09-03-2016 @ 17:41 
Member 5141, 4206 posts
SQ 300, BP 180, DL 350
830.0 kgs @ 130kgs UnEq
Shaws post is interesting.

Its hard to believe the injury was that severe given his performance and ability to WR a stone after the comp. But it would only need to be a tiny niggle, if it took 2 percent of his performance that would be enough to cost him a point, and thats all he needed for a win.

Id love to see Zs call out post if anyone has a link? Seems a horrendously unsporting thing to do. Even if Z hadnt blamed injury for previous poor performances of his own.
SteBennettIcon...09-03-2016 @ 17:43 
Average hamstring at best
Member 4663, 588 posts
Are staticcrossfit and drex the same person by any chance?

I agree shaws hamstring can't have been too bad to do the stone the day after, but I suppose those kind of weights can magnify an injury.

One thing is for sure though it should all make wsm even more exciting this year
fongIcon...09-03-2016 @ 17:48 
really really interesting
Member 3474, 2816 posts
SQ 170, BP 120, DL 260
550.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 09.03.2016 @ 17:50 PM by fong
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/VhKP4ko.jpg[/IMG]
Miky111Icon...09-03-2016 @ 17:51 
Member 5729, 138 posts
SQ 350, BP 240, DL 360
950.0 kgs @ 150kgs UnEq
Well, Shaw insinuating that he lost only due to his hamstring injury was a bit d*ckish...
Z could make an argument that Shaw was also lucky that he had a back injury and finished 5th or whatever on the deadlift...

So I kinda get why Z wrote what he wrote, even though I didn't expect him to do something like that

and I don't buy "rigging the events so they suit Z" for one bit
what possible gain could they have having a guy from Lithuania win 8 times, instead of someone from the States?
MJGIcon...09-03-2016 @ 17:58 
Member 5560, 769 posts
Miky111 said:Well, Shaw insinuating that he lost only due to his hamstring injury was a bit d*ckish...
Z could make an argument that Shaw was also lucky that he had a back injury and finished 5th or whatever on the deadlift...

So I kinda get why Z wrote what he wrote, even though I didn't expect him to do something like that

and I don't buy "rigging the events so they suit Z" for one bit
what possible gain could they have having a guy from Lithuania win 8 times, instead of someone from the States?

If he refuses to compete it does take some prestige away from the competition. Perhaps there are sponsors only willing to pay if Z competes?

I think the evidence for that is pretty big TBH.

Z struggles on stones - stones are taken away and replaced by a second overhead event.

Z struggles with a dumbbell with a thick handle - Next year the dumbbell has a thin handle.

Z struggles without straps on the frame - Next year straps are allowed on the frame.

I don't really care who wins between Shaw and Z but it does seem a little harsh that Shaw's main weakness (overhead) gets hit in every single contest whilst true grip events are now never seen at WSM or Arnolds.

12345678910 ... ... 4748495051525354555657

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions