Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitDoctor's

Doctor's

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Got told by a doctor today that I need to get down to my ideal BMI weight of 75kgs. Had no interest in the sport I do, just told me I was nearly 100% overweight Roll-Eyes Grin
Lulz...
Can't argue with him really, a doctor's role is to improve and maintain people's health.
but what is the ideal weight of a person? given BMI is a average tool that they use.
bmi is useless in regards 2 a person with lots of muscle mass......good tool & indication for average non gym rats but bmi gets inaccurate when a person carries heavy muscle........i'm dieting for mr wales bodybuilding at moment & am about 5t 9 at 90kg at 6% fat........my bmi will still read as if i'm overweight at around a score of 29

i agree though that in obvious cases it is good indication and weight should be dropped for health if carrying 2 much
Tell him to piss off , although i dont smoke or drink i chose to have a 'well man' check every 6 months its like an mot. They refuse to do my BMI as it doesnt work with athletes that carry a large amount of muscle as it doesnt take that into account. I have zero issues with my health, blood pressure,salts ,cholesterol, heart rate,liver etc etc etc in fact they describe me as an 'odd ball' as most short arse 25stone people have underlying issues. I have not once been told to lose weight even when i have specifically asked the question and i have seen several different doCS. Im not a dummy and i know if i stayed like this for the next 20yrs i would perhaps have issues but this is a freak sport and if you wanna be strong especially as a natural athlete you need to put some timber on to keep up with the other guys . "You were born small and weak and you die small and weak ......its what you do inbetween that counts"
BMI may be a good indicator for the average person but it doe have it's limitations. That's all it is though an indicator, common sense still needs to be applied. The last time I saw my doctor he gave me a talking to about my BMI and how I'm obese. Yes I'm heavier than the recommend weight (which I'm not saying is a good thing) but my body fat levels were clearly lower than then his, a lot lower.
dannyboy73
Im 95k at 5'6" at the moment and feel f******g awesome. you know your own body better than Dr rule applies to everyone.

Man is the measure.

How do you feel?
ursus said:Tell him to piss off , although i dont smoke or drink i chose to have a 'well man' check every 6 months its like an mot. They refuse to do my BMI as it doesnt work with athletes that carry a large amount of muscle as it doesnt take that into account. I have zero issues with my health, blood pressure,salts ,cholesterol, heart rate,liver etc etc etc in fact they describe me as an 'odd ball' as most short arse 25stone people have underlying issues. I have not once been told to lose weight even when i have specifically asked the question and i have seen several different doCS. Im not a dummy and i know if i stayed like this for the next 20yrs i would perhaps have issues but this is a freak sport and if you wanna be strong especially as a natural athlete you need to put some timber on to keep up with the other guys . "You were born small and weak and you die small and weak ......its what you do inbetween that counts"

I'm 6ft2 and 99kg - not exactly gargantuan but the nurse at my local GP recently told me to prioritise losing weight.

To be fair, in most cases they're just trying to cover their arse, but it was a bit irritating as this nurse was quite rotund herself to put it mildly!
AdamT
I dont know what my bMI is, im 6 foot and around 15st at present. Guess around 10% bodyfat, I feel quite good
Dave85
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23373186
What do doctors know about health and stuff they're stupid! Internet forums meatheads totally know more
deleted2_20210523
deleted
brownbear said:What do doctors know about health and stuff they're stupid! Internet forums meatheads totally know more

Doctors who are also Internet forum meatheads are the best people to ask then Happy
brownbear said:What do doctors know about health and stuff they're stupid! Internet forums meatheads totally know more

Hell yeah!!!!Wink

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitDoctor's
Return to top View Desktop Site