Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsOx's Journal Of Insanity

Ox's Journal Of Insanity

Users viewing topic: & 2 Guests

thought I was in the wrong journal for a minute then. no idea WTf some of those are, but aslong as you're enjoying yourself Wink
DrD said:thought I was in the wrong journal for a minute then. no idea WTf some of those are, but aslong as you're enjoying yourself Wink

Lol! Just messing around in a week off mate Happy
SUNDAY 12th June..

Feeling really good on this new diet, consistent energy..no big ups or downs, weight stable, sleeping well and training felt great...plus I'm never hungry now.

Today was dead squats and they are brutal, pins set under parallel and it really highlights how bad my starting strength is, much weaker on them, strengthen this and that sticking point will improve. I worked up to 140kg rpe 7-8 I reckon, the aim was to make them as fast as possible...may not have looked it but put in masses of explosion. Tried a 1 rep after and did a 160kg rpe 8 ish..i think 170-175kg there then stripped weight off for some volume sets.

Did some leg extensions for quad work after and got a insane pump, limped from the gym and ate my big PWO meal, in a good place indeed at the moment.
Monday 13th July

Very decent session this morning, dead bench...up to 125kg for a fairly comfy 5 then backed off for plenty of volume, finished off with some strict pressing to improve my delt weakness, felt a bit off to begin with as tech still not dialed back in 100% but quickly got back into it.

Bags of energy, feeling very good.

125kg x 5 - looking back at older vids its moving a bit quicker.....

Nice work mate, all going in the right direction Grin
DrD said:Nice work mate, all going in the right direction Grin

Cheers Doc, much more to come!
Immense session this morning.

Upon waking i was feeling very tight and my back was feeling quite sore, in fact i am sore all over from renewed newbie gains from going back to starting strength...a good sign. Got to work early though and had a load of work taking apart and moving a stage...quite heavy work but it seemed to loosen me up and get me feeling more mobile.

Got to the gym ready for deficit deads and first signs were not good...everything felt slow, not heavy but slow to 180 x 5 but it kicked in after and did a smoking 220, threw my belt on and 240g x 3 was silly easy, needed a RPE 8 and this was not that, reckon i had 6-7 there today easily so went to 250kg x 3 and had a couple spare, form felt good and starting strength was bang on. Dropped weight to 220kg and put up another 8 sets of 3 with minimal rest, these really felt like speed reps, form dialed in and they were very quick. I felt like i could have kept going tbh and speed didn't drop off at all, really enjoyed getting the volume back in here and feel i am approaching strongest ever.

Finished off with some Coan stiff leg deads and a few sets of strict rows and that was that.
Nice lifting mate!!
DrD said:Nice lifting mate!!

Ta Doc Happy
Just a note...i have started using my fitness pal and worked out i was taking in far to few calories...my metabolism was in the gutter....basically diets has been overhauled and since last week have been taking in 1000kcals a day extra... result...zero weight gain, looking leaner and i have masses more energy. This off season is going to see epic gains! Grin
Pure awesome mate I've missed too much to comment on it all but a huge well done on the comp. Everything going in the right direct, just epic really well done mate, amazing.
nails said:Pure awesome mate I've missed too much to comment on it all but a huge well done on the comp. Everything going in the right direct, just epic really well done mate, amazing.

Cheers mate, feel in my best position ever to get where i want to go...the fact i have in creased my calories by 1000 more a day and getting leaner tells me i was starving myself on a daily basis!

I can see this coupled with the immense training system of Aaron's will lead me to where i want to be!
Another epic session this morning, done a tad later than usual due to child care and work but went great.

Today is weakness day...went with Close Stance Hack Squats and worked up to 180kg plus sled weight for a fairly comfy 5 reps, resisted the urge to push knees out to get hips into the lift and focused purely on using quads. Then did some paused smith machine sissy squats where I nearly sat on the floor each rep. These feel so good on my knees and again resisted urge to push knees out and made my weak quads do the graft.

Quads felt wasted by this point and was sweating cobs but onto other weaknesses.....

Incline dumbbell presses to hit chest and worked well, tough going by 3rd set to failure but job done.

Finished off with Swiss bar wide grip curls, v bar press downs and reverse pec Dec work.

Banged out pretty quick and really enjoyed this one, sweating like crazy but bags of energy and genuinely feel great. I weighed myself again this morning and weight still the same...went slightly over calories yesterday too...3047calories...woops Happy
Odd thing is I look leaner...veins all popping out and the 'horns' are evident again..veins either side of forehead...always an indicator for me I am leaning out....seem to have a 666 mark coming out on my forehead too Wink

Anyways all good and ready to destroy a dead squat pb Sunday Happy

Back to work
Post Edited: 19.07.2015 @ 13:07 PM by Oxman
Low on sleep last night but dead squat session felt good...beat old pbs easily by some margin, i'm still not getting tight enough in my trap area and the bar rolled forwards twice...rectified this by last down sets, need to keep ensuring i don't allow this to happen.

Last week i did 140 x 5 rpe 8 this week hit 150 x 5 rpe 8 (rep pb)...was shooting for rpe 9 but was not expecting it to go as well as it did. Trialed a few singles after and hit 170 x 1 - PB, these are building fast and i can see my normal squat pb going in this fashion very soon as long as i keep my form tight. Down sets felt fast and easy.

Did some close hack squats after 160kg x 12, 180kg x 8 and 200kg x 3 then 140kg x 15 to finish, need to add sled weight on top, unsure of its weigh..40-60kg at a guess. All pb's here again.

Feeling great and re-weighed before training after 1 meal and a toilet trip...back down to 0.5kg over normal weight, all good.

Carbs have been increased by 25g added in post workout seeing as i slightly dropped weight on 2900 calories last week, be interesting to see how it goes this week but these calories are helping me to utterly crush these sessions, going for 130kg x 5 in the dead bench tomorrow and may try 142.5-145kg for a new max too Happy

Le vidz....

Not the best of sessions today, back a bit twingy and right elbow too, still got work done though...hit a 127.5kg x 5 dead bench and went to 130 but failed the 5th, still a pb with the 127.5 so not bad. Banged out some strict presses after and a few re-hab movements too...all in all not the best but good for an off day so still pleased.
Video took of the 130, forgot the 127.5 beforehand.

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsOx's Journal Of Insanity
Return to top View Desktop Site