Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitMotivation or lack of

Motivation or lack of

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Basicly found it really hard to motivate myself to train this week. Not sure why but wandering if anyone else goes through phases when they feel like this?
Either that or i'm been a wuss
deleted2_20210523
deleted
brocerslrd said:Basicly found it really hard to motivate myself to train this week. Not sure why but wandering if anyone else goes through phases when they feel like this?

take a week off and eat lots
watch motivational videos

here are some cool ones:

Dave85
I find I need a planned week off every 3-5 weeks. Even if I don't feel like I need I'll still take it. That first week back is great then, really motivated. If I carry on training it can affect my motivation, my mood, sleep even and other things.
brocerslrd said:Basicly found it really hard to motivate myself to train this week. Not sure why but wandering if anyone else goes through phases when they feel like this?

of course but i slap my self in my mind call my self a ungrateful c**t and get on with it. my numbers may be a little less but its nice to feel myself coming round
Fair one lee. Got a couple things going on at work and think it's just put my head in wrong place. Maybe work a rest week every four weeks in to training might be an idea
jrepp
brocerslrd said:Fair one lee. Got a couple things going on at work and think it's just put my head in wrong place. Maybe work a rest week every four weeks in to training might be an idea

i would say that this will help you.

i lost my motivation bad once.felt like jacking it all in.so i had a week off found the strongest powerlifters i could find in my area.watched some sick lifting by them.it got me back in the game
It's a real for me just now, I think it better to train with someone to keep your motivation high. If your rehabbing like I am then IMO your holding back as much as you can done you don't f**k yourself again.
Happens to me sometimes. Usually I can trace it to something else - like overtraining, work stress, life stress, something like that.

So taking a bit of time off (just a week or two) and sorting out the root of the problem usually works.

Even simply acknowledging the source of the stress helps me - for example, realising that because of, say, work, I'm losing motivation in other areas of my life, gives me a kick up the bum.
fctilidie

Just watched this and thought of this thread. I've already trained today but after watching this I feel like training again.
Watch Chaos's videos/read his log and it will motivate you not to be as fat, gay and useless as he is
brownbear said:Watch Chaos's videos/read his log and it will motivate you not to be as fat, gay and useless as he is

http://marketingtomilk.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/pot_calling...

*Courtesy of Dave!
Go over your goals.

I'm not getting any younger! So whenever I think of my goals I know I need to get them done because time is running out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=F...
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitMotivation or lack of
Return to top View Desktop Site